Arsenal and Liverpool in race to sign James Maddison (Independent) (1 Viewer)

cmoncity

Well we all know hes going to end up going its just when ,who too, and how much we accept and what amount of it would TM get to reinvest. Or would it be the case if the club dont hold on to Maddison TM may end up going? Alot of ifs ands or buts , but im sure we.will lose him at some point

PVA

Knew he would play in the Premier League one day the first time I watched him play in a pre season friendly 18 months ago. Unbelievable talent.

junglej13

Hes a serious talent. The difference between him and someone like Kent I think is blinding. Kent has loads of ability but never impacts a game. Maddison I think would be suited to Arsenal.

dongonzalos

Would 5 million plus a 3 million budget from self generated revenue be enough to keep us in the championship. Especially if maddison was loaned back for two seasons.

pusbccfc

With the success of Deli Ali, Vardy, Deeney and other English talent who have risen from the lower leagues, Maddison was always going to be looked at.

We need to try and get promoted this season with him being a key part of that. He can then be sold for a stupidly high figure and be loaned back for a year while we are in the Championship.

BrisbaneBronco

With the success of Deli Ali, Vardy, Deeney and other English talent who have risen from the lower leagues, Maddison was always going to be looked at.

We need to try and get promoted this season with him being a key part of that. He can then be sold for a stupidly high figure and be loaned back for a year while we are in the Championship.

Win Win

chiefdave

The article suggests they will offer £5m + loan back until the end of the season/next 2 seasons.

Would £5m be about right? Don't really pay too much attention to the PL so have no idea. Sounds a lot given the number of games he's played, and the number of goals he's scored.

Would they take a punt on paying that sort of money before he's had more time to prove himself? When Wilson was scoring for fun we still sold him for less than that.

The Lurker

Would £5m be about right? Don't really pay too much attention to the PL so have no idea. Sounds a lot given the number of games he's played, and the number of goals he's scored.

Would they take a punt on paying that sort of money before he's had more time to prove himself? When Wilson was scoring for fun we still sold him for less than that.

If Ross McCormack is worth 11mill then so is Maddison. Simple

skybluetony176

Well Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain signed from Southampton to Arsenal from this league for £12M rising to £15M. That has to be the marker for me. Mind you Southampton owners don't have the same reputation as ours for undervaluing young talent by accepting the first offer and taking the money and running as ours so nobody will probably bid anywhere near that if this story has any credence simply because they won't need to.

Otis

Well Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain signed from Southampton to Arsenal from this league for £12M rising to £15M. That has to be the marker for me. Mind you Southampton owners don't have the same reputation as ours for undervaluing young talent by accepting the first offer and taking the money and running as ours so nobody will probably bid anywhere near that if this story has any credence simply because they won't need to.
Oxlade-Chamberlain made 36 appearances before his move, Maddison has only made 16. And McCormack had made hundreds of appearances too before his.

skybluetony176

Oxlade-Chamberlain made 36 appearances before his move, Maddison has only made 16. And McCormack had made hundreds of appearances too before his.

Only 16 because of an injury. Although I admit what he does the rest of the season will effect his value you can pretty much guarantee that whatever we get it will be a snip of what AOC went for and that won't be down to appearances or goals scored/created and definitely not down to a lack of talent. It will be down to our owners.

Of course you do have to recognise that SW has been replaced by CA so maybe just maybe we may have a chance of getting a decent transfer fee for him (I.e. More like £10M+ than £5M) in which case I'll be the first to eat my own words and say good business. This may turn out to be CA's first big test since his arrival.

Hadji10

Maddison has far more potential than Callum Wilson. I'd take £5m with a loan back option. He's the most talented player this club has ever produced IMO.

Calista

£5m is nothing like enough, he could be worth multiples of that in future IMO. Wilson is a depressing comparison to make - it was obvious at the time he was worth so much more than £3m. We struggle to get fair value for our players, because we show too much readiness to let them go. If the owners want to make a statement about being ambitious, taking a really tough stand on Maddison would be a good place to start.

matesx

£5m for a player who cant stay on his feet is good business.

:rolleyes:

Sick Boy

Only 16 because of an injury. Although I admit what he does the rest of the season will effect his value you can pretty much guarantee that whatever we get it will be a snip of what AOC went for and that won't be down to appearances or goals scored/created and definitely not down to a lack of talent. It will be down to our owners.

Of course you do have to recognise that SW has been replaced by CA so maybe just maybe we may have a chance of getting a decent transfer fee for him (I.e. More like £10M+ than £5M) in which case I'll be the first to eat my own words and say good business. This may turn out to be CA's first big test since his arrival.

We have no chance of getting 10M+ for him and the notion that our owners will sell him cheaply out of spite or stupidity is nearly as absurd as yourself.

Sick Boy

Oh dear.

Weren't the owners at the time billionaires as well?

Trying to come on a ccfc forum stir up trouble again?

Astute

And how many of us said Wilson was sold too cheaply? And that was shown with how he did in the Championship and Prem before he got injured.

skybluetony176

Oh dear.

Weren't the owners at the time billionaires as well?

Trying to come on a ccfc forum stir up trouble again?

I'm stating an opinion. The only one trying to stir up trouble is you by falling over yourself to defend owners who have a history of under selling our young talent. Do you think everyone has forgotten about CW? Oh, I forgot. He was a one season league one wonder who wouldn't cut it in the championship let alone the premier league so that was good business. Boy do I feel stupid for being wrong about that. Oh wait, that's right. I wasn't.

R

RB1992

Is he really all we make him out to be? No doubt he's a skillful player, but his goal/assist return has been very poor, which surely is one of the basic requirements of an attacking player?

Sick Boy

I'm stating an opinion. The only one trying to stir up trouble is you by falling over yourself to defend owners who have a history of under selling our young talent. Do you think everyone has forgotten about CW? Oh, I forgot. He was a one season league one wonder who wouldn't cut it in the championship let alone the premier league so that was good business. Boy do I feel stupid for being wrong about that. Oh wait, that's right. I wasn't.

I suppose we should all bow down to your superior knowledge.

I am hardly defending the owners just stating facts; we have always sold our young talents and so have other clubs of a similar size and bigger.

Terry Gibson's perm

Pretty much every player is for sale at any club it's about holding out for the best price, under Waggott we seem to have undersold Wilson but hopefully Mowbray has enough power to get the right price and then get some of it to invest.

Sky Blue Harry H

Is he really all we make him out to be? No doubt he's a skillful player, but his goal/assist return has been very poor, which surely is one of the basic requirements of an attacking player?

Yes he is. That's why they want him. When he is fully fit, and if he avoids injury, he will be the player that can open up the teams that 'park the bus' at the Ricoh. Only minor issue with him is fragility (Diego Costa he 'aint!). Let's enjoy him while we have him and hope CCFC get as much as we can if/when he goes. Must get promotion this year though .........pleaassssssse

skyblue14

I doubt that many of us are professional scouts and really have a clue what to look for in a young player.

Rodders1

As we all know - promotion this year and the values we receive will be multiples Versus remaining in league one.

Still gutted about the pathetic Wilson fee.

stupot07

How much did Andre Gray go for from Luton
£9M overall?

Alli went for £5m. It's all arbitrary.

Will be gutted if (when) he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

shmmeee

£5m would be a fucking bargain IMO.

Hold out for more.

Obviously this isn't true and is just a campaign by the Independent to destabilise the club that they hate. Right guys?

skybluetony176

I suppose we should all bow down to your superior knowledge.

I am hardly defending the owners just stating facts; we have always sold our young talents and so have other clubs of a similar size and bigger.

I'm not disputing that. What I'm stating is that we're always bargain basement whereas other teams always seem to get a good deal for their talent. Something you don't actually seem to be disputing so why you've jumped on my comments is puzzling. It's almost as if you're just itching for a fight :thinking about:

skybluetony176

£5m would be a fucking bargain IMO.

Hold out for more.

Obviously this isn't true and is just a campaign by the Independent to destabilise the club that they hate. Right guys?

I know, just before an important home game. Is there no distance that the evil empire of CCC won't go to to destabilize the club ;)

mrtrench

It was only a matter of time. The fact that Arsenal are looking, who have a great track record of making these kind of purchases work, is confirmation of what we always knew: he's going to be a household name. I'd be happier with something closer to the Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain money though.

Users who are viewing this thread