Ashes 17/18 Thread (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Rhodes in the middle is the one on the left Alan iggelsdon or Smith? The gloucs left armer

SkyBlueSoul

Fuuuuucking hell. Fairly optimistic lbw shout first ball, then Roy out caught for a 2nd ball duck ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

This pitch is doing a lot, Hales bowled now. I might get to sleep a bit earlier today...

SkyBlueSoul

Fuck my life, Bairstow caught behind for a 9 ball duck. Terrible shot trying to smack it through cover, 3 for 4

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

Aaaand Root for a duck off 7, 4 for 6. Buttler in after 5.3 overs...

SkyBlueSoul

Buttler gone for, youuu guessed it, ANOTHER FUCKING DUCK. 5 for 8

SkyBlueSoul

So after 10 overs we’re 5 down, RR is 1.8 and we haven’t hit a single boundary

Covstu

I think this is one we will lose, an easy total to chase down even they can’t Duck this up

Captain Dart

Australia won.. under 40 overs.

tisza

Batting like that is why we'll never win a tournament. They'll look great for a few games then lose their heads in a game and be knocked out.

Covstu

Did we take the foot off the gas given it was wrapped up already? would be nice to think we were a little more cut throat that that tbh. We looked poor and we could have got them out for a decent total.

Otis

Bloody hell there was some very substandard village level cricket there from England.

Absolutely abysmal fielding on at least 4 occasions that could have easily cost us the game.

Well done Tom Curran though. Excellent work!

Mcbean

Yea 4 -1 - good for Curran - still had a few dropped catches - still would have preferred winning the tests as my Aussie friend doesnt entertain winding up on the one days

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Anyone else watching NZ v Aus from Eden Park? NZ 243 Aus 193/2 off 14 cruising towards victory. As it’s a Rugby ground the straight hit must be 50 metres, bit of a farce tbh.

England have a test there in a few weeks can see a few of England’s headless chickens getting out to a few missed slogs down the ground!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

NZ paceman Ben Wheeler just bowled 3.1 0-64 he bowled 2 full toss no balls so has been taken out the attack, means Trent Boult has to finish his over and his first delivery is a free hit Wheeler has left him with.

Bet kids are lining up to be bowlers after this one!

chiefdave

Looks like the T20 Final will be decided on Duckworth Lewis. Absolutely pelting it down.

Aus only needed 30 from 5.2 overs anyway with 7 wickets left.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Its a promotion by Tui, a NZ brewery. You have to buy one of their orange catch a million shirts which are $25. Then at each game the first person in the crowd to take a clean one handed catch wins $50K.

Tui’s brings back memories of Queenstown!

Good savy bit of sponsorship buy the t shirt have to take the catch!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread