Ashes 2023 (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

Fuck sake Aussie's picking up runs now. Could be epic ending

I got to play 5 a side at 7. I don't want to miss this! Get some wickets England!

Saddlebrains

I dont think we will get 5 nil'd

However Stokes has to learn a lesson. You dint declare in day 1, especially when Root was twatting the aussies for a boundary a ball, and with Jimmy to come in whos good for double figures after, thats 25/30 runs in 4 or 5 overs. He could have still had a crack at them

napolimp

I dont think we will get 5 nil'd

However Stokes has to learn a lesson. You dint declare in day 1, especially when Root was twatting the aussies for a boundary a ball, and with Jimmy to come in whos good for double figures after, thats 25/30 runs in 4 or 5 overs. He could have still had a crack at them

Absolutely. Crazy decision, in hindsight. Just leave them out there and tell them to swing at everything, especially if you're happy with the total you've reached.

SkyBlueSoul

Feels even more shit fumbling it over the rope for them to win. Not an easy stop but would rather he’d just twatted a four through cover or something

CCFCSteve

They all come out the woodwork after a loss ! Look back at the last 18 months, how we turned round something like one win in 12 to 12 wins in 14. Players should be proud of how they played the game and we made that a great match/ending (would’ve been a bore draw if we’d played like the aussies) and without some drops and a bit of bad luck we win that

Fair play to aussies also, ground out a great win in the end. Thought we’d done it when we’d got Carey but wasn’t to be.

chiefdave

Why oh why did we declare with 2 wickets in hand and Root still at the crease on day 1...that's where the game was lost
The leadership team are on the record saying they don't want draws. You could argue if they'd added another 50 plus and taken an hour or more out of the game then today the Aussies would have just dropped anchor and batted it out with no attempt to reach the target.

chiefdave

And the declaration argument doesn't really work with the number of chances put down in the field. They could have won it if they'd held on to even a couple of those

Bazball won't live or die by one close draw. If the Aussies had come out 1st innings and put 500 - 600 on the board then they may have been louder questions being asked

Macca

The leadership team are on the record saying they don't want draws. You could argue if they'd added another 50 plus and taken an hour or more out of the game then today the Aussies would have just dropped anchor and batted it out with no attempt to reach the target.

Be interesting if we were 2-1 with a test to go

Mcbean

Very enjoyable - could have gone either way Bairstow needs to get his head together 😀 maybe Foakes 😮

CCFCSteve

A victory for traditional Test values in the end. One hell of a game, though.

It was but if anyone thinks we beat this Australia team over the series playing traditional, safe test cricket they’re mad. Top three batsmen in the world, spinner with nearly 500 test wickets and probably an equal pace attack to ours. Stokes is trying to take them out of their comfort zone. Might work, might not but I’d imagine it will be better than the pathetic capitulation playing the traditional way last series in Australia

As you say, amazing game

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread