Away Days 2012/2013 - The Best & Worst (1 Viewer)

djpalms23

So as this eventfull season draws to an end we have had the luxury or no luxury in most circumstancies of travelling to parts of the country to watch our beloved Sky Blues we haven't been before. we,ve also have the luxury of some good results away from the Ricoh too this season ... So from Carlisle to Bournmouth and Hartlepool to Yeovil what has been the worst/best ground you've been? best/worst results away from home and where you looking forward to watching the City play again next season.

Personally Yeovil was the worst ground, 4 Portaloo's for 2000 fans and one burger van. Not good ... best result away has to MK Dons, great ground, performance and great support as normal ... as where i'd go again .... EVERYWHERE even Yeovil .... CTID

skybluelee

Only been to two, Yeovil and Bmth.

Yeovil was a great day out, drinking in the sunshine with 2,000 other City fans. Perfect day. Apart from the result.

niallc176

So as this eventfull season draws to an end we have had the luxury or no luxury in most circumstancies of travelling to parts of the country to watch our beloved Sky Blues we haven't been before. we,ve also have the luxury of some good results away from the Ricoh too this season ... So from Carlisle to Bournmouth and Hartlepool to Yeovil what has been the worst/best ground you've been? best/worst results away from home and where you looking forward to watching the City play again next season.<br />
<br />
Personally Yeovil was the worst ground, 4 Portaloo's for 2000 fans and one burger van. Not good ... best result away has to MK Dons, great ground, performance and great support as normal ... as where i'd go again .... EVERYWHERE even Yeovil .... CTID
<br />
<br />

Stevenage was my favourite! 2 late goals, McGoldricks was a worldwide and just after Christmas!

SBS

MK Dons away was my favourite. Moussa's goal was so good. Sheff Utd was also fun.

Quite enjoyed Oldham away. I like the old, traditional grounds.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Best was MK Dons.....Fantastic support & a great result to come from behind to maintain our form at the time...things were really looking up back then!

Worst for me was Tranmere under clueless Shaw.

We were utter shit, yet still the better team for about 60 mins until they scored & our heads dropped. Hussey, Elliot & Kilbane all started.... McSheffrey apparently came on for the last 1/4 but no-one noticed. Shit pubs in Birkenhead.

ggrady

Stevenage away was the best result. MK was brilliant but the late goals were fantastic at Stevenage. Tottenham was a good day out and good to see bale at his peak but shite result

Joy Division

Best Stadium: The Emirates - Arsenal Seems to have been overlooked somewhat, thought it was magnificent architectually and location was superb for a new build.

Worst Stadium: Colchester United Felt like the end of the world had arrived. Boring hell.

Best Result: MK Dons 2-3 Coventry

Worst Result: Walsall 4-0 Coventry

Looking forward to next season: I'm hoping Rotherham come up next season, like the look of the NY stadium.

Si80

Worst - Walsall. Only made bearable by being in a box and having Leon Clarke sit in with us.

Best - MK Dons. Great result, great support. Actually believed that after winning that game we'd go up this season :facepalm:

Special note - Arsenal and Spurs we're great days too. Results were pish, but good to see the likes of Bale et al ripping us apart.

mcullen

So as this eventfull season draws to an end we have had the luxury or no luxury in most circumstancies of travelling to parts of the country to watch our beloved Sky Blues we haven't been before. we,ve also have the luxury of some good results away from the Ricoh too this season ... So from Carlisle to Bournmouth and Hartlepool to Yeovil what has been the worst/best ground you've been? best/worst results away from home and where you looking forward to watching the City play again next season.

Personally Yeovil was my favourite ground. Proper old fashioned ground, no frills. I loved it. Second was probably a tie between Leyton and Crewe. Worst was the Emirates. I actually thought MK Dons had an OK stadium, but I gave up on getting a coffee/burger as they couldn't sort the queue out - I had better service in the shed that was Orient. I'm really looking forward to Crawley away in a couple of weeks. Would The Ricoh constitute a place in the worst ground top 10? (Bottom 10?) It doesn't suit us really, does it? Although it does get a thumbs up for easily being able to get a pint at half time and somewhere to have a fag. Bit too big and cumbersome for my liking though.

brinner

been some great away days this season, for the pissup and laugh its gotta be MK Dons away! for performance alone then Doncaster away without a doubt.

Worst id say was Shrewsbury though Walsall runs it very close.

at home its been a bit shit tho i did enjoy the last few minutes against Preston in the JPT, been many a shit day at home this season so tough to pick though id go for Crewe in the JPT, our season was looking great till then and that started the week of doom!!

skybluelee

Worst - Walsall. Only made bearable by being in a box and having Leon Clarke sit in with us.

Best - MK Dons. Great result, great support. Actually believed that after winning that game we'd go up this season :facepalm:

Special note - Arsenal and Spurs we're great days too. Results were pish, but good to see the likes of Bale et al ripping us apart.[/QUOTE]

You support Coventry, right?

mcullen

MK Dons away was my favourite. Moussa's goal was so good. Sheff Utd was also fun.

Quite enjoyed Oldham away. I like the old, traditional grounds.

I love the old grounds too. I can't be doing with places like the Emirates. MK Dons is an odd one for me; I have to admit it was a half decent ground. I went years ago when they were still Wimbledon at the Ice Hockey stadium; freezing cold day then too - but I loved that ground!

Si80

Special note - Arsenal and Spurs we're great days too. Results were pish, but good to see the likes of Bale et al ripping us apart.[/QUOTE]

You support Coventry, right?

Very much so. I can appreciate watching decent teams though, or is that not allowed?

mcullen

Best: Brentford. Bit crap it was midweek, but great ground, great atmosphere and great boozers
Worst: The Emirates. SBA were outstanding, but the place is soul-less.
All grounds that still have terracing get my vote - I thought Yeovil was bloody brilliant. Sadly missed Colchester but looking forward to it next season. Fingers crossed that next season when we have this poll we'll all be saying 'Wembley'. We should be there on Sunday - it still hurts.

Joy Division

I love the old grounds too. I can't be doing with places like the Emirates. MK Dons is an odd one for me; I have to admit it was a half decent ground. I went years ago when they were still Wimbledon at the Ice Hockey stadium; freezing cold day then too - but I loved that ground!

And half built, don't quite get the praise of this ground yet you can't be doing with places like The Emirates?

Hcut PUSB

Worst without Walsall away result and being one of the Cov going north on the train although had some good banter all the Walsall fans once they took their serious heads off.
Bad Shrewsbury away what a crap midweek result that was and :facepalm:I was in the Shrewsbury end with a mate who is local and has six fingers on each hand.
Best the list is quite extensive Spurs and MK for Atmosphere
Oldham for the meat and Pot pies beer if you could get it and seeing the fat usless bint who worked in the stand kicking off with Cov fans funny as.
Preston just cos I like Deepdale and there is a fab kebab shop near the station to soak up tut beer.

RME

This season, I have been away to Accrington (pre-season,) Tranmere, Crewe (League), Arsenal, Oldham, Doncaster, Carlisle, Bury, Preston and Scunthorpe. The best was Doncaster - an almost perfect perfomance. The worst was Crewe - abject and hopeless performance, memorable only for Kilbane's tiff with a City fan.

Overall, I have enjoyed away games far more than home, mostly because the atmosphere is so much better. Some very hospitable and welcoming locals (in both senses) at Accrington, Tranmere and Bury.

ampthill_sba

MK Dons best (although the wins at Sheff Utd and Stevenage felt good too)... I really enjoyed the 8k atmosphere at Arsenal too.

Worst: Walsall although Brentford loss was painful too.

sky_blue_up_north

Worst was Shrewsbury, we were dire that night, fans singing your not fit to where the shirt, Murphy having a mare...
Best for me was Hartlepool, nice terrace park more or less outside the ground we were on fire and DMG was just brilliant.

MKDons a worthy mention for a silver medal for best
Carlisle cold or what freezing fog the lot, worthy worst silver medal

Best - Hartlepool (apart from the ropey boozer before hand) and Stevenage
Worst - Brentford... the away end stank like they had smeared shit on it.

Ashdown1

We've had some fun days out this year, more than the last few years in the Championship anyway. Monumental piss ups and great days in North London and MK, pulled in 3 other new grounds at Bury, Yeovil and Bristol Rovers. They were all the highlights of the season for me, it was all going so well for a while...................

Only been to 2 away games this season, but they have been m first since 2001 so thats a lot for me :) Hopefully next season will see me go to more away games :) I been to 2 away games and we got our asses whupped both times, 3-0 to Spurs and 2-0 Pompey, but i loved both. Plus, im going to Notts County at the end of the season so that should be good. Hopefully we get a good end to the season :)

PVA

Havent been to as many as i'd like this year.

But fave is definitely MK Dons. Great following, great game. Brilliant goal from Moussa. 2 goals in a couple of minutes to come from behind and make us all go mental, Elliott celebrating 2 yards in front of me.

Awesome day!

covboy1987

worst away day, Hartlepool away

Me and a few mates decided at half time that enough was a enough of this boring game,in a
Subbuteo
type ground 3.5 hour treck in the car, voted we down a local social club for a pint instead
Cov scored 5 second half goals without reply and we missed the lot and painfully got updated with Jeff welling on skysports in a hartlepool social club

skybluesteve76

This season, I have been away to Accrington (pre-season,) Tranmere, Crewe (League), Arsenal, Oldham, Doncaster, Carlisle, Bury, Preston and Scunthorpe. The best was Doncaster - an almost perfect perfomance. The worst was Crewe - abject and hopeless performance, memorable only for Kilbane's tiff with a City fan.

Overall, I have enjoyed away games far more than home, mostly because the atmosphere is so much better. Some very hospitable and welcoming locals (in both senses) at Accrington, Tranmere and Bury.

And the infamous ballboy incident at Crewe!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

Users who are viewing this thread