Baker gone (1 Viewer)

Samo

Hyperbole -- read this!

Presley and Presley alone was responsible for Carl going. I will never forgive him for this. What comes round goes round. Carl you are a better real man than that scum will ever be. Good luck in all you do, you were a real ambassador for this lousy club who didn't deserve you on and off the pitch. You will be sorely missed. Keep in touch with the real fans of the SB's. Take care of your lovely little family and your lovely mum x disgusted and sick from all your fans.

Jeeeesus, did someone really post that?

TakeMeHome

Applause for Baker on 8mins

We had Carl Baker day, but I think the guy is owed 1 minute of our time for a round of applause on the 8th minute (his old squad number).

If he isn't at the ground, he will definitely be watching us on Sky.

Thoughts?

Nick

Administrator
We had Carl Baker day, but I think the guy is owed 1 minute of our time for a round of applause on the 8th minute (his old squad number).

Thoughts?

Cringetastic!

skybluetony176

Jeeeesus, did someone really post that?

To be fair it was his dad ;) Proves Sterling's hyperbole theory too. I think he was well liked in general terms. I don't recall anyone trying to make out he's Paul Scholes on the pitch, certainly not in numbers large enough to be considered a general consensus but some people are happy to exaggerate that people were saying that as a general consensus. That's a hyperbole.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Applause is a bit much, he was a decent servant who's just left to continue his career elsewhere but nobody died and there was no great tragedy.

Greggs

Thoughts?
[video=youtube;nldtKnyKdsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nldtKnyKdsE[/video]

Sterling Archer

Hyperbole -- read this!

Presley and Presley alone was responsible for Carl going. I will never forgive him for this. What comes round goes round. Carl you are a better real man than that scum will ever be. Good luck in all you do, you were a real ambassador for this lousy club who didn't deserve you on and off the pitch. You will be sorely missed. Keep in touch with the real fans of the SB's. Take care of your lovely little family and your lovely mum x disgusted and sick from all your fans.

You'll always get the odd one or two in amongst any club like that.

LJC_CCFC

List of players who were:
- As good as Baker
- Or better than Baker during his time with us.

Murphy
Christie
Fleck
Moussa
Wilson
McSheffrey
Wood
Bailey
Keogh
Clingan
Cranie
Jutkiewicz
Westwood
Doyle
King
Gunnarsson
Turner
Ward
Best
Morrison
McKenzie
Hilariously Leon Barnett

Please feel free to put names forward I've missed. Yes he's been a decent performer over the last two seasons, but for people to treat him like some sort of club legend is ludicrous.

covmark

Thoughts?
Dear god, are you for real?
This post is up there with the "will I ever see her beautiful face again"

Grendel

You'll always get the odd one or two in amongst any club like that.

Fair few I think

Honestly, in my 19 year existence of watching the city you are the one who showed the lost passion! At orient for example! Great guy, hope you find a good club (you will), city fans won't forget what you've done for us. Gutted I can't see you play in sky blue at the RICOH anymore! Good luck skip!

Absolutely gutted you have made this decision Carl while fully understanding the reasons behind it. I would like to thank you for all the qualities you have given to the club the supporters in the time you have been here . Your leadership , the passion , the driving force all exceptional qualities that you possess in abundance . A special thank you to your Family and all the support they have given you . Wishing you all the very best and certainly believe you will not be unemployed for very long . Good Luck Carl Baker

Carl, you have been a model professional in the way you have handled whatever has gone on behind the scenes. You continue to be humble and dignified, despite (what appears to us) to have been a strange and undeserved axing by the club.

Would just like to wish you and your family all the best, which is the absolute minimum that you have earned through your hard work and commitment during some of our darkest days. Just wish you could get the send off that the fans would love to give you at the Ricoh.

Top bloke, take care!

I’m sure I’m repeating the basis of all the posts above, but it saddens me to see you go Carl Wishing all the very best to you, & your family, wherever you move on to. Not born sky blue but sky blue is truly in your heart – you will never be forgotten PUSB xx p.s Look forward to seeing Louis & Jaden in our colours one day

You've been fantastic for our club. The way this season has panned out for you has left a bad taste in the mouth as you could have continued to do a great job on and off the field.
Good luck captain. #skybluelegend

Made the hairs on my arms stand up reading this. Not many players in football show this honesty and passion for a team thats let them go. Cov must have their reasons but wherever you sign next you will remembered as a CCFC legend. Best of luck Carl Baker

bsolutely gutted Skipper. It just shows the mark of you as a Man that having been treated appallingly by this club that you have nothing but good to say about it. You have served the club superbly and no doubt leave with your pride intact and your head held high. For whatever reason the club have made it abundantly clear that they no longer wanted you on the wage bill, whatever you were on you probably deserved double to put up with the crap that you have. I will be there on Friday night but disappointed that you are not leading the team out back at the Ricoh. It has been an honour and privilege to have you as both player and skipper and I wish you and your lovely family sincere best wishes and happiness for the future. Thank you Skipper.

Wankers need shooting. Fair ply Carl n all the best for you n ur family. Gonna miss ya at the club. Deffo big mistake on clubs behalf.

And there are loads more - comparing him to Hutchison, Wallace etc. Frankly an insult to players who actually performed for the club at the level they were signed at.

Baker has a career in the future in sales and marketing == he is a genius at manipulation through social media -- he is a lot better in that sphere than as a footballer.

Grendel

- As good as Baker

Murphy
Christie
Fleck
Moussa
Wilson
McSheffrey
Wood
Bailey
Keogh
Clingan
Cranie
Jutkiewicz
Westwood
Doyle
King
Gunnarsson
Turner
Ward
Best
Morrison
McKenzie
Hilariously Leon Barnett

Please feel free to put names forward I've missed. Yes he's been a decent performer over the last two seasons, but for people to treat him like some sort of club legend is ludicrous.

David Bell was significantly better in the Championship than Baker

Astute

Nothing surprises me about our fans since the adulation of Thorn. Sad state of affairs.

And you can add to that anyone giving praise to SISU or trying to blame others for what they have done to our club.

Grendel

And you can add to that anyone giving praise to SISU or trying to blame others for what they have done to our club.

And you accuse me of taking threads off topic.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Sick Boy

Never seen that to be honest. Plenty were delighted with their appointment of and continued employment of the worst manager in our club's history.

Astute

What a shock.

Those that praised SISU and wanted them to win the court battle don't want it to sound true.

So are you happy about the statement from Timothy before we even get to play a game?

Grendel.....why not point out that mentioning Thorne was off topic?

Grendel

What a shock.

Those that praised SISU and wanted them to win the court battle don't want it to sound true.

So are you happy about the statement from Timothy before we even get to play a game?

He was replying to your off topic post. Why are you still off topic?

Astute

Never seen that to be honest. Plenty were delighted with their appointment of and continued employment of the worst manager in our club's history.

So you didn't read your own posts then :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

- As good as Baker

Murphy
Christie
Fleck
Moussa
Wilson
McSheffrey
Wood
Bailey
Keogh
Clingan
Cranie
Jutkiewicz
Westwood
Doyle
King
Gunnarsson
Turner
Ward
Best
Morrison
McKenzie
Hilariously Leon Barnett

The only players on that list who are better than Baker

Wilson, King, Gunnarson, Westwood

#Justice4Bakes

covmark

What a shock.

This praising of SISU. It's all in your own mind.

Samo

And you can add to that anyone giving praise to SISU or trying to blame others for what they have doneto our club.

In all my time on here I have never heard anyone praise Sisu, have you?

FRY-CCFC

Thanks for your concern boy.

74f998c77cc2c331402de0ca729e878b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread