Match Thread Barnsley v Peterborough (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Styles has proven to be an effective championship player. Kitching not been great but be was fantastic last season. I think Robins etc. have extensively more knowledge on what both would bring to the squad than you do
It is nice to see the city fan judging a player after 1 game is not exclusively for new city signings

Covcraig@bury

Oh im sure he has and im sure he likes some aspects of them both. He will decide, but my opinion 3 mill and 2 mill is a lot of money to spend on what i see we already have better within the current squad.
Totally agree , I would rather we spend £5mil on 1 decent player than 2 in and out average players 🤔

Evo1883

Oh im sure he has and im sure he likes some aspects of them both. He will decide, but my opinion 3 mill and 2 mill is a lot of money to spend on what i see we already have better within the current squad.
We only have 1 left footed centre half and he's a loan , it needs addressing , Robins clearly sees kitching as a progressive ball playing centre half with good defensive attributes too

Balli001

2 million for a championship proven full international.

CCFC54321

Kiching not really selling himself tonight. Styles playing OK but hasn't done anything of note. Wouldnt see either of them starting for us based on tonight's showing, but wouldn't be adverse to them in our sqaud. Don't think kitching is worth the 3mil plus barnsley seemingly want. 2mil for styles I think would be worth the punt.
Ok as squad players on what I seen tonight. If we really want to progress it’s quality not quantity.

long way home

We only have 1 left footed centre half and he's a loan , it needs addressing , Robins clearly sees kitching as a progressive ball playing centre half with good defensive attributes too

Again im not saying he doesn't,i just have an opinion on seeing him and thinking he looks miles away from starting LCB. He may be a very good player in time but we need balance and depth now, not next season.

ccfc1234

Just one of those games. Can’t judge anyone on one performance really
Agree but given the significant money being talked about for kitching and the excellent work MR has done with a couple of million in last few years, if we're going to be investing millions we need to be really sure (as we can be) that a player will have a re sale value.

Evo1883

Again im not saying he doesn't,i just have an opinion on seeing him and thinking he looks miles away from starting LCB. He may be a very good player in time but we need balance and depth now, not next season.
He's been a superb performer for Barnsley over a long period , it's not just about tonight ..

All players have bad games

Chris1987

I've watched all of this game tonight and there was an obvious lack of communication between Kitching and the rest of the defence and in fact the rest of the team. At times it looked as though it was deliberate to me. I wouldn't read much into this performance. As far as I can see he looks like a player who really doesn't want to be at Barnsley as he's close to going elsewhere. Sign him up
However not convinced by Styles but trust MR implicitly if he is signed

Martin180

God this thread sums up some on here . A young lad who’s obviously had his head turned has a mare and suddenly he’s not good enough , same player who was rated better than Thomas last season and is club captain at a young age ?
Would definetly trust Robins judgement on the player
Styles is a useful addition too

Users who are viewing this thread