Best And Worst Of This World Cup ? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

The best thing has been England's performances (with a few reservations). How long has it been that we've waited for these tournaments with great anticipation (but faint hope) and been bitterly disappointed. And now for once, we actually seem to be playing half-decent football and we end the games with a smile instead of a frown.
The worst thing is the player antics. I'm with Otis on only allowing captains to approach the ref. Also think we need a rule about goalies approaching a penalty-taker or any attempt to tamper with the penalty spot.
I would say VAR has been a resounding success. The fact that it's more difficult for players to get away with things the ref doesn't spot can only improve the game.

Nick

Administrator
My highlight is seeing so many people wearing Waistcoats trying to be like Southgate.

It's like Grendel wandering round with Biamou on the back of his shirt.

CJ_covblaze

The best thing has been England's performances (with a few reservations). How long has it been that we've waited for these tournaments with great anticipation (but faint hope) and been bitterly disappointed. And now for once, we actually seem to be playing half-decent football and we end the games with a smile instead of a frown.
The worst thing is the player antics. I'm with Otis on only allowing captains to approach the ref. Also think we need a rule about goalies approaching a penalty-taker or any attempt to tamper with the penalty spot.
I would say VAR has been a resounding success. The fact that it's more difficult for players to get away with things the ref doesn't spot can only improve the game.

Not bad considering this is the worst ever England team ;-)

lifeskyblue

I want to tell that guy that despite his looking down his nose at everyone in an ‘I’m better than you’ attitude that many cultures have had similar games but the form of the game that has been adopted by the rest of the world and the laws attached (with very few changes written in England) is the one that we are watching tonight. Not the one played 2000yrs ago in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gazolba

I want to tell that guy that despite his looking down his nose at everyone in an ‘I’m better than you’ attitude that many cultures have had similar games but the form of the game that has been adopted by the rest of the world and the laws attached (with very few changes written in England) is the one that we are watching tonight. Not the one played 2000yrs ago in China.

<snip>
Definitely not. 2000 years ago in China, if you argued with the ref, they beheaded you and you became the 'ball' for the next game.

Nick

Administrator
Some of the cringeworthy nonsense now being said like a mum would say about their kid coming 3rd or 4th in a sports day.

"Football is home anyway"

Have a word.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Best thing - the emergence of an England team with a bit of potential that reignited the support of the country

Worst Thing - the diving, it might have been comical in parts but it is cynical cheating and FIFA need to do something about it. All teams guilty of it but some even had players diving with clear day light between them and the opponent. Took the gloss off a lot of matches for me

Overall it has been a really good World Cup, very little trouble, some quality moments, a few shocks, and little to choose between most teams on their day. Not the greatest quality perhaps but that made it somehow more enjoyable

Two best players in Tournament Modric & Mbappe

best England players Trippier, Maguire Pickford & Henderson

The player that under achieved most (and embarrassed himself) Neymar

Team that underachieved the most Germany

Nick

Administrator
It's good to see all of the people who pretended to like football are now focusing their attention on Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread