Best And Worst Of This World Cup ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

When Neymar was rolling around as if he'd been shot by a Mexican sniper, I wanted someone to give him a boot in the ribs, and say "Now this will hurt you little pussy. " He got up and ran about like nothing had happened ! To shame him they should keep showing it on the screens at games, he needs to be shamed. My doctor who is a season ticket holder and big Cov fan once told me, that when a player rolls about in agony he isn't hurt, when you're injured you remain still. He and others who do this repeatedly should be left alone to play act, like the kid in the playground who wants attention !

Nick

Administrator
BEST:
The most wide open world cup I can remember.......its clearly is up for grabs as no single team looks particularity superior.

Goals galore......including some absolute belters.

WORST:

VAR.....simply no need for it & I fear for its long term negative implications in the game.

NEYMAR: A class-A whining cheating diving little bitch of a player.......horrible little cry-baby.

I don't think it has been that exciting with goals galore, there's only been a couple of good wins (us v Panama for example) but a fair few 1-1 or 2-2 draws.

jimmyhillsfanclub

.....yep....let him (and those like him) roll around like a baby for a bit while the game plays on......and then when he finally gets to his feet, shove a yellow card right in his sniveling little bitch face,,,,,,,unsporting behaviour: attempting to deceive the ref by feigning injury.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody who appears seriously hurt should be taken off the pitch for a full evaluation by an independent medical professional. They'd soon stop doing it if they missed 5 minutes of the match.

Or as soon as they jump up and carry on the other team get a free 2 footer on them.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I don't think it has been that exciting with goals galore, there's only been a couple of good wins (us v Panama for example) but a fair few 1-1 or 2-2 draws.

Averaging close to 2.7 goals per game so far.......not sure how that compares historically but it seems more than normal to me....

bringbackrattles

No wonder non football fans take the piss out of the sport when they see toss pots like Neymar. My sister hates football but likes to watch rugby though on the telly, as she says "they're manly " and not girly like many footballers. If she saw Neymar yesterday she'd have won her argument easy !

NorthernWisdom

The knockout games have been a pleasant surprise so far. That's usually the time when teams go ultra defensive, scared to lose, and play for penalties, but (with the odd exception) they've been pretty good so far, with teams trying to win.

Monners

Some of the so called lesser nations giving it a real go. That's what a world cup should be about.

Worst - Media driven love in with Brazil - I can't stand them - unsporting as any other prima donna team. I watched most of the game against Mexico and two idiots in the pub cheered when they scored as if it was their team (they were English)

...and the build up now with England - they haven't played anyone yet (I don't include Panama and Tunisia in the giving it a go category). All for the sake of knocking them down when they lose.

If anyone thinks England have a chance of winning the World Cup, then they need to see a doctor

Last edited:

Monners

I have just lumped £20 fo SBT monies on Columbia - 3/1 is an absolute steal - that's how serious I am !

Otis

One of the best reasons for the world cup is that its free to watch! everyone can watch it at home, everyone is enjoying it and not for just the people who pay for subscriptions. How sport should always be
giphy.gif

Otis

They get away with it so keep doing it
And if not clamped down on it will just get worse and worse and worse.

Very simple solution. Just only have the captain being allowed to speak to the ref.

There was so much dissent last night against decisions.

Nick

Administrator
And if not clamped down on it will just get worse and worse and worse.

Very simple solution. Just only have the captain being allowed to speak to the ref.

There was so much dissent last night against decisions.
Not just that, they were going mental in his face rather then just arguing. Body language as well

Otis

Not just that, they were going mental in his face rather then just arguing. Body language as well
Yes, totally agree. It was the level of it. Screaming in his face etc. It was so intense and so vitriolic.

CJ_covblaze

One of the best reasons for the world cup is that its free to watch! everyone can watch it at home, everyone is enjoying it and not for just the people who pay for subscriptions. How sport should always be

Bang on the money

tommydazzle

FIFA need to step in and protect Neyma. After all, he has endured multiple concussions and player safety is paramount so needs to be prevented from playing for his own safety. He has also been killed at least twice by opposing players and been raised from the dead so might offend those of religious disposition.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody see Good Morning Britain this morning where they had about 4 women who clearly have no interest or knowledge about football trying to talk about the World Cup? It was a glamourised version of "kick more into the net than the other team" type talk.

bringbackrattles

I've enjoyed Ally McCoist and John Champion as a commentary pair. You can tell they're old pals and you get a little guide of the city by McCoist as a bonus.
I was saying just that the other day. They compliment each other well, the well spoken Englishman and the Glaswegian. Ally has managed to sound more Scottish game by game, but strangely I understand what he says.

wingy

Yes Ally is a bit of a Cultural commentator too, but John pulled him on Saturday for missing one obvious attraction.
Now If only I could remember what that was? :-(

xcraigx

Yes Ally is a bit of a Cultural commentator too, but John pulled him on Saturday for missing one obvious attraction.
Now If only I could remember what that was? :-(

Whatever city they were in is twinned with Cheltenham I believe.

bringbackrattles

Have to say respect to CJ who has backed England well before the World Cup started, while I was negative and thought we'd fail miserably as usual. I reckon we'll win it now but fair play to those like CJ who weren't like me who thought they'd struggle to get past the group stages !

Users who are viewing this thread