Best Defender in the last 10 years (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Definitely. Was world class at times. Since him probably Dann. Some of the loanees like Warnock and PVA have been good too.

Only my opinion of course which is no more valid than yours ... but PVA was pants as a defender for us imo. Very very raw. Bags of potential, plebty of pace but positioning atrocious and far too lightweight. Looks a bit better now, but still remain unconvinced he'll make it at the top level.

Tankie

I can hear the howls of derision from here, as I mention, the "gladitorial Robert Page," maybe not the best Technically, but a true Warrior, and one who i would choose to accompany me through the underpasses of our city at 12.30 am on a saturday morning.
Bob was in the George Curtis mould, uncompromisingly strong in the air and a true "Iron man."
Robert page was a bit like "Marmite" no middle ground, You either liked him or as many did, loathed him, I am probably on my own here but I love marmite, and Pagey wasn't too bad either.

Regards..early bird Tankie...6am..Bedworth..

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Page was a decent player, and im sure many proffessionals hated playing against him. What he did to Michael Doyles aswell, ill be forever grateful for him putting him in place (minus some teeth).

However i would agree with most in saying Nilsson was the best defender we've had. I also rated Davenport. Had he not moved on so early in his career, who knows where he kay have ended up (certainly wouldnt be playing for his non league hometown thats for sure, admittidly other circumstances played a part in that rather than his footballing skills just getting lost). Richard Shaw always put a shift in and we wont see many players stay with a club for 10+ years now i dont think.

rob9872

Daish was even more clumsy than Peter Billing

searmh

ill have to say mo konjic for his playing career and for being in the army for eight months of the bosnian war...not many players have to go through that these days

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread