Best Food In Cov (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Often thought the parade of shops opposite the craftsman could do with a pizza place

fernandopartridge

Am I the only person in the UK that absolutely can't stand bloody pizzas? They are the most over-rated crap on the market! A round slab of tasteless floury pastry with some sort of tomato ketchup spread over and topped off with salami or similar. And then these take-away have the nerve to charge a small fortune! Rip off!
Takeaway pizza is dreadful but proper pizza is superb, if difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

Takeaway pizza is dreadful but proper pizza is superb, if difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I would say takeaway pizza is fine and proper pizza is much better, but then I absolutely love pizza. I am happy with a Goodfellas, or a Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, M&S, Asda, Tesco, whatever.

I just bloody love pizza!!!

Grendel

Used vouchers today, but was still £55 for the 4 of us. No starters, no desserts, 2 for 1 offer.

That means unless there was lots of drink it was £27 per pizza!

Sick Boy

My two favourite foods are probably curry and pizza. Pizza from Dominos, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Express etc isn't proper pizza though.

Nick

Administrator
Haven't had a Dominoes for ages now, went through a phase of always having them but not as fussed.

I prefer them from other pizza places, cheaper too. Failing that would just get them frozen, much cheaper and just as nice.

ajsccfc

I like Pizza Express. I can't really do the takeaway pizzas these days, my stomach agrees with them less and I can never sleep properly. Getting proper old with things like that now.

Otis

So you were ripped off by the pizzas then?
Yep. Some of their pizzas are £14 each and there's nowt to them. Would expect something a bit more special than what I had, which was just a plain pizza with garlic oil, about 6 olives and then some rocket. Couldn't even notice the cheese.

Gazolba

Am I the only person in the UK that absolutely can't stand bloody pizzas? They are the most over-rated crap on the market! A round slab of tasteless floury pastry with some sort of tomato ketchup spread over and topped off with salami or similar. And then these take-away have the nerve to charge a small fortune! Rip off!
I make my own. You take a slab of puffy naan bread, spread on a thin layer of pizza sauce then top with shredded cheese (I use a pre-packaged 4-cheese Mexican blend), then top with fresh tomato slices. Microwave for 5 minutes. Better than any pizza you can buy.
Another home-made favourite is pizza on a ciabatta roll. Cut the roll in half, fry the halves upside-down in butter, add pizza sauce and shredded cheese, microwave.
Naan-pizza.jpg Ciabatta-pizza.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

I make my own. You take a slab of puffy naan bread, spread on a thin layer of pasta sauce then top with shredded cheese (I use a pre-packaged 4-cheese Mexican blend), then top with fresh tomato slices. Microwave for 5 minutes. Better than any pizza you can buy.
Another home-made favourite is pizza on a ciabatta roll.
View attachment 8379 View attachment 8378
Where can I buy your cookery book ;)

Grendel

Yep. Some of their pizzas are £14 each and there's nowt to them. Would expect something a bit more special than what I had, which was just a plain pizza with garlic oil, about 6 olives and then some rocket. Couldn't even notice the cheese.

If they are £14 each that’s £28 for 4 pizzas on a 2 for 1 you must have overdosed on drinks and sides to spend £55!

Otis

If they are £14 each that’s £28 for 4 pizzas on a 2 for 1 you must have overdosed on drinks and sides to spend £55!
2 for 1 was on the main courses only, not on the total bill.

Some of the soft drinks were expensive.

Otis

Can't you just show him the bill, part of me is starting to wonder if Grendel is a manager at Pizza Hut
Ha!! Yep. Unlike our side orders, Grendel is giving me a good grilling.

I don't have the bill unfortunately. All I can remember was that my pizza was £14 and I think 2 of the others were more than £14. My daughter had concoction of sorts as her drink. It was quite a bit dearer than the others.

As with most things on here though, we're kind of getting away from the point.

One round of drinks (no alcohol), no starters, no desserts, 4 people, £55 after the 2 for 1 offer.

That meal most certainly wasn't worth £110!

Grendel

Ha!! Yep. Unlike our side orders, Grendel is giving me a good grilling.

I don't have the bill unfortunately. All I can remember was that my pizza was £14 and I think 2 of the others were more than £14. My daughter had concoction of sorts as her drink. It was quite a bit dearer than the others.

As with most things on here though, we're kind of getting away from the point.

One round of drinks (no alcohol), no starters, no desserts, 4 people, £55 after the 2 for 1 offer.

That meal most certainly wasn't worth £110!

I just think you’ve been over charged - I have been without an offer once and had 4 pizzas 1 side and 4 drinks and it was under £50

Otis

I just think you’ve been over charged - I have been without an offer once and had 4 pizzas 1 side and 4 drinks and it was under £50
It was right, we checked it. They have put their prices up.

If I remember rightly the main courses worked out as just under £30. The starters came to about £9. That's then just about £15-£16 for the drinks.

It was right, but thanks for your concern.

We made comment when we went in that the prices have gone up.

Grendel

It was right, we checked it. They have put their prices up.

If I remember rightly the main courses worked out as just under £30. The starters came to about £9. That's then just about £15-£16 for the drinks.

It was right, but thanks for your concern.

We made comment when we went in that the prices have gone up.

Sounds ridiculous I suppose I haven’t been for a couple of years.

There’s some Mediterranean place in Kenilworth that does mega Pizza (not Zizzi)

Otis

Sounds ridiculous I suppose I haven’t been for a couple of years.

There’s some Mediterranean place in Kenilworth that does mega Pizza (not Zizzi)
What's it called? Is it near Zizzi? I know where Zizzi is.

Grendel

What's it called? Is it near Zizzi? I know where Zizzi is.

Ego? I don’t like pizza but went once and my daughter had the biggest bloody pizza I’d ever seen?!

Otis

Basement Browns now officially open in Coventry.

Whoo hoo!!!!! High Street!! Think it's going to be massively popular with students.

DOia-rrW0AETl_q.jpeg

Sky_Blue_Daz

I get a 50% discount on pizza from dominoes as I'm employed by the NHS

Sky_Blue_Daz

So let me get this straight.... the NHS are encouraging you to clog up your arteries?
Yeah I thought that when I posted it but it's true discount on top of the offers they have

Half price a Nando's and discounts at Miller and carter too

Users who are viewing this thread