Best place to live in the UK? (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

I've been on Google Maps quite a bit recently looking at different parts of Britain. There are many areas of Britain I have never been to. I've always really liked the Lake District and the Peak District and could see myself living in a little cottage by a stream. But I also like parts of Cornwall and Wales and there are some really nice villages in Dorset, Kent and Norfolk, and many other places I'm sure. Has anyone found a 'secret' great place that few people know about.

Covstu

I think there Are so many depending what you would want. If I didn't have to work, I would move to the west coast of Scotland, such a beautiful place and very secluded. If you needed to work then forget about it!

Terry Gibson's perm

Coventry!

A lot depends on your work I have tried to talk my wife into Cumbria as we could sell up here and they are offering good deals for nurses and I said I would just do part time work somewhere went down really well.

As with everybody else a bit of land and no neighbours just a good internet connection to keep in touch with you lot

Nick

Administrator
Coventry!

A lot depends on your work I have tried to talk my wife into Cumbria as we could sell up here and they are offering good deals for nurses and I said I would just do part time work somewhere went down really well.

As with everybody else a bit of land and no neighbours just a good internet connection to keep in touch with you lot
Like how you get to work part time!

bringbackrattles

I've been on Google Maps quite a bit recently looking at different parts of Britain. There are many areas of Britain I have never been to. I've always really liked the Lake District and the Peak District and could see myself living in a little cottage by a stream. But I also like parts of Cornwall and Wales and there are some really nice villages in Dorset, Kent and Norfolk, and many other places I'm sure. Has anyone found a 'secret' great place that few people know about.
Aberdaron in North Wales is a beautiful place, it's a seaside resort but small and peaceful.
I've done a couple of long walks there,as it has a mixture of rugged terrain and easy walking routes.
And in Scotland the Torridon Hills in the West of the country is great too, and if they got rid of those bloody midges that attack you non stop,I'd like to live out there.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Id love to live in Scotland, in the middle of nowhere with some land.
Yes nick

I've says to the wife of ever I win the jackpot on the lottery we'll have a few houses scattered about the place but I want a mansion in Scotland to spend winter
On the provision it has good broadband, and a well stocked wine cellar

skyblue1991

Sheffield.

A nice city with plenty going on, everything you need and the Peak District is on your doorstep if you do want to get away for some open space from time to time.

I'm up there every other weekend and can see me living there permanently when I save up for a house deposit.

Grendel

It depends on earnings and if you want a relatively cheap area.

When I'm 55 I'm out - the pension will be penalised but providing certain benefits are accrued I have enough additional properties to leave this hole once and for all.

I've looked at Cumbria but the most desirable residences within the national boundary are expensive and it's a tourist hell hole.

Oddly I've decided for VFM and desirability there is a pocket of countryside that sits between Herefordshire and Monmouthshire that is ideal. Countryside, an affluent town in Monmouth great waking country great horse country and affordable.

Terry Gibson's perm

If they count Jersey and Guernsey take some beating even with people like Skybluedan there;)

covmark

Lived in the Isle of Wight for 10 years. It's a dump.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Lived in the Isle of Wight for 10 years. It's a dump.

Didn't it rate the worst place in the UK for child education recently?

mrtrench

I'm in Orkney right now; it's beautiful but the weather...

Now I no longer need access to London I think we will move to Dorset.

Terry Gibson's perm

Parts of Northern Ireland are nice and you get a lot of house for your money.

covmark

Didn't it rate the worst place in the UK for child education recently?
I can believe that. Unemployment is high, drug use is high, mainly because there is nothing else for youngsters to do. Especially during Winter time. Not a good place to live unless you're over 65.

Grendel

I can believe that. Unemployment is high, drug use is high, mainly because there is nothing else for youngsters to do. Especially during Winter time. Not a good place to live unless you're over 65.

I've only been there once as an adult and for a holiday it was nice actually, it did though look like a place you wouldn't live in - a 70's throw back.

Oddly if you want am organisation to employ as a retail mystery shopper it has the main companies for that in the uk.

Otis

My places are all quite obvious.

Places I have looked at that I have really liked and thought I could live there include: Bath, Lincoln, St Ives, Bedford (by the river is lovely), Liverpool and Pimlico in London.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Porlock in West Somerset is lovely,I went there last year for a weekend camping some lovely Pubs,Walks and scenery.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I've had a little loom at what you can get for your money in Ireland some bargains to be had
But everyday living is expensive over there

Terry Gibson's perm

I've had a little loom at what you can get for your money in Ireland some bargains to be had
But everyday living is expensive over there

But if you want to live in Southern Ireland you could live in the northern part and travel over the border to places like Eniskillen to do your shopping, they have a huge Tesco there and a big Asda as soon as the car park ends.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Exactly what I mean! It's just right for me!

Joy Division

I've lived in a fair few places but currently I'm happy in south Birmingham, I'm still fairly young so its actually quite a vibrant place, lots of good places to go out and interesting things happening here, definitely would like to move to somewhere away from a city when I'm older though.

Lived in Cov as a kid but moved when I was young to Solihull. Went to Uni in Sheffield which was a great place to study, the people there are great and brilliant pubs, spent 3 years there then went to study in Edinburgh. Another amazing place but pretty expensive, and everybody seems to want to move to Glasgow after they finish studying so it feels like there is no continuity there, also feels like the place is never moving forward. Then moved to Manchester for work, loved my time there. The Northern Quarter is a great area for music and arts, the council have really supported up and coming businesses there unlike most other cities, some absolute cretins that live there also. Lived in London and Brighton after that, love Brighton very much and still have lots of friends down there that I often visit but lacking job opportunities unless its bar work or retail, again just too expensive. Been in Birmingham for a while now and think its great.

Monners

The Northumberland coast is hard to beat. Just got back from hols there and have also visited in winter. Fantastic place - best place I have been to in the UK.

When the kids leave the nest then myself and Mrs Monners will look to move up there I think. Only draw back is that they are all Toon fans, although that is good comedy at the moment (and at least they hate Sunderland, which is fine by me)

Users who are viewing this thread