Biamou - new contract (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Oh dear-if true this stinks of a Bakayoko scenario all over again.

even worse - the guy scored 5 in league 2 - we may as well offer him a 5 year deal so he gets a testimonial

mark82

So he left a Dutch premier club and joined on £75 grand? Hillsner is signed on more from the German 3rd division and pask is one of our highest paid defenders?

If these figures are true it’s an absolute disgrace

Technically he left a premier league team. Was on loan at Sparta Rotterdam in the Dutch second tier.

Grendel

Technically he left a premier league team. Was on loan at Sparta Rotterdam in the Dutch second tier.

yeah so we were paying him less than pask Hyam biamou and rose

mark82

yeah so we were paying him less than pask Hyam biamou and rose

I doubt we paid him a huge amount to start with. He went from a loan at Vitesse in the Eredivise to a loan in the Dutch second tier. I doubt his expectations would've been huge, he wasn't a marquee signing at the time. Would imagine him and Rose would've been on similar salary roughly.

Grendel

Oh no, not Gendel stats again. Yes goals do count in the playoffs.

sorry it’s 7 then wow it’s what 14 goals in 4 years - legend

Grendel

Magwitch

I find Max frustrating he plays okay, works his cobs off certainly better than some on here say, but he misses chances almost every game, it could be said at least he is in position to miss but to get to the next level in my opinion we need better.

Hertsccfc

sorry it’s 7 then wow it’s what 14 goals in 4 years - legend
More 'Grendel stats'.

It's three and a half seasons, one of which was curtailed. Also he missed virtually the whole of one of those seasons because of an acl. He didn't play much last season and has certainly not played every match this season.

Please if you must use stats get them right and use them in a fair way.

Londonccfcfan

Do you think if we stay up we should offer him a new contract?

Yes I think so..and imo he's done very well this year... .but only as a 4th choice next year. We won't get anyone better than him as the 4th choice.

I think he had an excellent game today. Not everyone may think that. But it's important lots do including Team management.

Next season in championship.

1st choice .....New striker a must.
2nd /3rd.....Godden/Walker
4th choice ....Biamou. worth a new contract.

SBAndy

Yes I think so..and imo he's done very well this year... .but only as a 4th choice next year. We won't get anyone better than him as the 4th choice.

I think he had an excellent game today. Not everyone may think that. But it's important lots do including Team management.

Next season in championship.

1st choice .....New striker a must.
2nd /3rd.....Godden/Walker
4th choice ....Biamou. worth a new contract.

Yep, chuck Sam Surridge in there and I will wet myself.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

More 'Grendel stats'.

It's three and a half seasons, one of which was curtailed. Also he missed virtually the whole of one of those seasons because of an acl. He didn't play much last season and has certainly not played every match this season.

Please if you must use stats get them right and use them in a fair way.

This is the madness I don’t understand. By all means like him and I wouldn’t want anyone to slate him, but in the 25 years I’ve supported City I have never known a player who is extremely limited get the rub of the green like he does. I’m all for positivity and backing our players, but it’s insane when some of the players who get slated like they do, yet max is apparently a king to some. He’s a striker and has an extremely limited amount of goals in a long period with the club. He’s obviously a nice guy, I like him as a bloke but his first touch is horrendous and his scoring record equally poor. I don’t understand why Bakayoko is so openly ridiculed and Biamou hailed as a hero when their abilities are indistinguishable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Complete waste of money if we do, between Jones, Baka & Biamou we must be spending 10k a week in wages on 3 players who offer very little, Personally would get rid of those 3 and replace with a half decent target man for this level.
I would think Jones wages are covered by insurance

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Couldn't care less what you think. Want me to repeat myself.

Thought the whole team was excellent.

That is completely fair enough if that’s your honest view, I wouldn’t want you to change it at all if that’s how you feel. Just honestly genuinely shocked someone could think that

DannyThomas_1981

Always find it amazing that some experts on here think they know more about evaluating strikers and what they bring to the team vs. Robins.

Let's not forget Robins is an ex Manchester United striker, and he played for 17 years as a front man across the English divisions and in Europe. I think that qualifies him to make the best judgments for the club on forwards vs the SBT experts.

I've also noticed that many of the SBT experts seem to have a clear agenda against certain players and are only really happy on here if those players fail to impress (in their eyes) on a given Saturday. That's pretty disappointing.

As for Max, he's playing through an injury for the good of the team in one of the most demanding positions you can find - lone striker. In the Championship. Even Godden struggled in that role at times last year in L1 when we dominated games - it's not easy. Playing through an injury is very difficult and even more so in that role.

Paul O Donoghue

Always find it amazing that some experts on here think they know more about evaluating strikers and what they bring to the team vs. Robins.

Let's not forget Robins is an ex Manchester United striker, and he played for 17 years as a front man across the English divisions and in Europe. I think that qualifies him to make the best judgments for the club on forwards vs the SBT experts.

I've also noticed that many of the SBT experts seem to have a clear agenda against certain players and are only really happy on here if those players fail to impress (in their eyes) on a given Saturday. That's pretty disappointing.

As for Max, he's playing through an injury for the good of the team in one of the most demanding positions you can find - lone striker. In the Championship. Even Godden struggled in that role at times last year in L1 when we dominated games - it's not easy. Playing through an injury is very difficult and even more so in that role.
Don't you dare talk sense on here. Great summation. There have been so many snowflakes thru the club who , at the slightest suggestion of injury, are nowhere to be seen when a job needs doing. Biamou's application and attitude has been professional and loyal. A fella who is not afraid of hard work is admirable and I'd be keeping him at the club. He'd be brilliant with young players I'd imagine. He came from the toughest banlieu in St Denis and done very well for himself. A role model definitely.

rob9872

As some like to ignore certain goals, then to flip it and include all of them he's 24 in 101 for City (1 in 4). When you consider the amount of games before his first, the fact that a number of those appearances have been sub and that we're now two leagues higher than when we took him from non-league it's not actually that bad. Useful and popular member of the squad and the community, helps with the youth set up and causes no problems to the manager then I'd love for him to get a new 'short term' deal.

better days

Yeah, probably. Bakayoko probably similar (maybe 2.5k). Jones probably not earning much this year, maybe 2k maximum.
These are the more realistic figures as all three were signed when we were in L1 or L2
Jones was a kid and Max from non League
Robins is likely to be on a very good contract since he transformed the club
Almost certainly more than any player

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I find Max frustrating he plays okay, works his cobs off certainly better than some on here say, but he misses chances almost every game, it could be said at least he is in position to miss but to get to the next level in my opinion we need better.
More importantly robins rates him. Love to hear a conversation between you and him about this and other football issues

Sky Blue Pete

Wasn’t he prepared to let him leave over the summer?
The way I heard it was he has said he is free to leave on a few occasions and each time he’s proven his worth stepping in as others get injured. I think Robins knows his limitations but also his strengths. Pretty certain Robins feels the same as many on here that Max is not a regular at this level and deserves to play more at an appropriate level

I also think that this comment could just be excellent man management. He’s out of contract so talk of a new one will keep max on his game

Ive learned from my Burge days to be as objective as I can be and explain what I mean. No one expected Max to be playing week in week out this season. He was a reserve striker and if Godden and Walker were scoring he’d play in cup games and a few minutes of league games here and there.

When you have many of the fan base at odds with the sky commentators who stick him in the team of the week and Robins saying he was excellent then you know who has lost the plot of objectivity

Robins played top level football and has managed for almost 10 years so you’ve got to think if Max was as poor in his movement as people on here thought we’d be seeing more of baka and gyokeres.

For me Max has been worth his weight in gold with other strikers being out so much.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

When you have many of the fan base at odds with the sky commentators who stick him in the team of the week and Robins saying he was excellent then you know who has lost the plot of objectivity
Except he literally wasn’t in team of the week and Danny Cowley said at half time they’re a number nine short of a good team. Other than that, this is spot on. So objective of you.

Users who are viewing this thread