Bidwell (3 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

It’s early days still, he’s not played regularly for a while and he’s getting used to how we play. His record is impressive so I’m sure he’ll be an addition to the squad. I’ve said all this before.

However, the WB roles are massively important to how we play and he doesn’t look a natural WB to me. I appreciate today he was asked to watch Bowler, but he just offers nothing offensively with his positioning.

I said it before but I worry if him and Kane start as WB’s we lose all our dynamism for wide areas. We know the crossing game will be on point, but those roles need more than that.

Again, I’m sure he’ll come good, he’s massively experienced, but if we want to play on the front foot, attack teams and be creative then Maatsen has to start.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just for the record, Maatsen has got just 1 goal and 1 assist in 25 appearances.

It would be concerning if Bidwell didn't beat that in the rest of the season.

slowpoke

What do you expect Bidwell to do, how many games has he played ? Has he had the run around yet ? don’t think so. He was well regarded at Swansea similar happened to Todd Kane when he first signed Too many on here champ at the bit with new players almost wishing failure, it happened when Kane first signed.
Keyboard bullies the lot of them.

Grendel

Should of just played Hilsner LWB tbh

giphy.gif

Torquay Sky Blue

Thought he played well on Saturday against premiership quality. The way our fans are so quick to criticise astounds me.
I've heard we've got a shit keeper, slow defenders , a midfield either too slow, too old or pass sideways and forwards who couldn't hit a cows arse.
Other than that we're doing quite well.😉

SBT

Seems to be a case of right signing, wrong time so far. He looked way off the pace while we were in possession last night - I’m not sure I have the patience to keep hearing ‘He needs time’ either.

sylus

bidwell, a defender who can't defend, well not from my obsevation anyway, i am hoping he does come good, for our sake, i am not against him, i want him to succeed with us, however,i am not buying he was regarded well by the swansea fans, that might be true,

but i have this niggling feeling that robins was conned, if he was as good as you lot are making out, why let him go, it doesn't make sense, especially on a free.maybe they saw us coming.just my o[pinion of course, time will tell

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Although you do want people to make an impact immediately, if this is his bedding in period then he's got a few months to get used to MR wanting him to be more attacking so by the time we get to next season and with a pre-season behind him he'll a big outlet for us.

If not, it doesn't bode particularly well, as we saw with Mason, who was a competent LB but got sidelined for not providing that attacking option.

SSB

bidwell, a defender who can't defend, well not from my obsevation anyway, i am hoping he does come good, for our sake, i am not against him, i want him to succeed with us, however,i am not buying he was regarded well by the swansea fans, that might be true,

but i have this niggling feeling that robins was conned, if he was as good as you lot are making out, why let him go, it doesn't make sense, especially on a free.maybe they saw us coming.just my o[pinion of course, time will tell

Jesus wept. He's been here for about 3 weeks?

sylus

Jesus wept. He's been here for about 3 weeks?

and, i understand playrs need time to settle, but if isn't like he hadn't played any games for swansea, hasn't he played like 16 games for swansea tis season. i know he is still getting use to our system, but still defending, is defending.

SSB

and, i understand playrs need time to settle, but if isn't like he hadn't played any games for swansea, hasn't he played like 16 games for swansea tis season. i know he is still getting use to our system, but still defending, is defending.

He hasn't had the best of starts but come on, saying Robins has been conned is nothing more than ramblings of a madman. Given he's got around 300 Championship appearances under his belt, he's hardly Ali Dia.

There could be a host of reasons that could explain why it hasn't clicked just yet, so it's ridiculous to write him off 3 weeks into his arrival.

sylus

He hasn't had the best of starts but come on, saying Robins has been conned is nothing more than ramblings of a madman. Given he's got around 300 Championship appearances under his belt, he's hardly Ali Dia.

There could be a host of reasons that could explain why it hasn't clicked just yet, so it's ridiculous to write him off 3 weeks into his arrival.

and you don't think i know this, like i said, time will tell

madman.. not yet, but getting there

CDK

Amazing so many people on this site and social media judge a player on 1 or 2 games and they are on that players back.
Stupid people.the same people on sheafs back and 1 under par performance and he's shit all over again.it says a lot about people's people's intelligence.

Evo1883

Still too early to write off , hasn't even had the equivalent of a pre season with his new club

johnwillomagic

I think better to come from him this season and will be a lot better next season once settled and with a full pre-season under his belt hopefully. Granted he has looked a bit rusty but it's good that we have actually signed a LWB so maybe in loan market next summer we can target areas higher up the pitch to add competition which is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread