Match Thread Birmingham City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Apr (7 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

Not holding out any hope for some on this forum to temper their expectations for Wembley.

It will be a completely different performance at Wembley. I guarantee that win or lose, we’ll play well.

That however is what is so frustrating.

pusbccfc

You can tell half these pricks on CWR are just being massive city fans because of Wembley, absolutely clueless but "we are going to Wembley".

Tbf it's a good way of being. What's the point of getting worked up when we're in an FA Cup semi final next week. We'd have done anything to have achieved that throughout most of the 21st century.

shepardo01

It will be a completely different performance at Wembley. I guarantee that win or lose, we’ll play well.

That however is what is so frustrating.
Not so sure. Confidence is key....
We are going into the game off the back of 3 defeats in the last four.
A confident side goes out and plays without fear and confident they can compete.
Currently we'll be scared to make telling passes and mistakes and that will be a recipe for disaster against United.
You can't just switch things like this on and off.....

Brighton Sky Blue

Would I be on the forum talking about it if I didn't? We were Shite I acknowledge that.
Then we must have seen two different performances. Some players out there looked like they didn't care, and found it funny at the final whistle. There is being below par while the other side's above it, and there's the other side just turning up while you straight up can't be arsed.

If they then turn up a brilliant performance at Wembley and lose by a goal or two, really what has any of it achieved? Play off challenge thrown away at the expense of a one off game.

Otis

Today's opposition recovered in 48 hours but apparently this bunch can't manage it in 72
Doesn't work like that does it.

Depends on relevant squad sizes and the amount of game time players have played etc

Lots more factors than just having one day longer to prepare.

Grendel

Depends on relevant squad sizes and the amount of game time players have played etc

We were poor. We have looked poor for a while other than the Leeds game

Brighton Sky Blue

Birmingham had players missing too, Otis. Plus the small detail of having been in bad form for most of the season. There can't be any defence of that performance today, I'm sorry.

SkyblueTexan

Terrible, terrible performance, what we giving everyone a 2?
Is there a negative scale we can rate them on? They all deserve to get be docked a week’s salary for this shitshow.

steve101

I don't think we would get a performance like that with either Kelly or McFadzean on the pitch. Why Kelly hasn't been used more is confusing.

Otis

Birmingham had players missing too, Otis. Plus the small detail of having been in bad form for most of the season. There can't be any defence of that performance today, I'm sorry.
Merely saying, it's not just down to having an an extra day off.

I didn't see today's game, so can't comment.

Pre-match though, I did think we might well lose. It was an absolutely massive game for Birmingham and a bigger game for them than it was for us unfortunately.

Frustrating, but it's still been a fab season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pre-match though, I did think we might well lose. It was an absolutely massive game for Birmingham and a bigger game for them than it was for us unfortunately.

As did I for similar reasons, but never did I expect a performance like this. Count yourself lucky you didn't watch.

Grendel

If we finish between 9th and 11th how would that be a fab season

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought he spoke well - always feel he gives a fair assessment o performances. Said he needs to look back and unravel it, which is fair enough.
There isn't much to unravel besides a lack of professionalism in the side and his own decision to keep fielding an injured player.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we finish between 9th and 11th how would that be a fab season
To be fair, it's fairly irrelevant whether we end up 7th or 11th at the finish. It's more important whether we've been competing for the play offs or not.

Otis

He has very limited options
Yup. He can't really go round dropping several players can he. It's go again with what we've got and that's pretty much what we payed with today.

O'Hare will play. After that, it's so wafer thin, there's not a lot we can do

Sandgroper Skybluel

Then we must have seen two different performances. Some players out there looked like they didn't care, and found it funny at the final whistle. There is being below par while the other side's above it, and there's the other side just turning up while you straight up can't be arsed.

If they then turn up a brilliant performance at Wembley and lose by a goal or two, really what has any of it achieved? Play off challenge thrown away at the expense of a one off

If they then turn up a brilliant performance at Wembley and lose by a goal or two, really what has any of it achieved? Play off challenge thrown away at the expense of a one off game.
We are not good enough to win the Play off's regardless. So a trip to Wembley and a throw of dice seems good to me. We have a group of players with their prime years ahead of them. And on long term contracts aswell Vik and Gus nearly took us to the summit last year on ridiculous individual talent. We are now in the early throws of a sustainable model that should get us close more times than not.

Users who are viewing this thread