Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (4 Viewers)

TomRad85

No. Far too good for that and would be detrimental to his career. Makes no sense unless we sell van Ewijk.
Do you think the move will be detrimental to EMCs career?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

It's pretty clear I thought?

Are you comparing a 24 year old who hasn't played above League 1 with a 20 year old with 80 appearances in the Championship. I can see EMC might be prepared to be second choice but why would Norton-Cuffy?

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you comparing a 24 year old who hasn't played above League 1 with a 20 year old with 80 appearances in the Championship. I can see EMC might be prepared to be second choice but why would Norton-Cuffy?
Sakamoto also seems to get knackered pretty easily so again EMC will be rotating more than being second choice per se.

TomRad85

A 24 year old in demand who just got in team of the season would be less likely to want to be 'backup' if anything. You aren't making the sense you think you I'm afraid.
It's not really about BNC, I agree with Brighton that he'd be a decent signing although I think money is better spent elsewhere, its about the players we bring in needing to be first team ready.
It's pretty obvious we'd rotate a lot more if we had the quality.

Brighton Sky Blue

A 24 year old in demand who just got in team of the season would be less likely to want to be 'backup' if anything. You aren't making the sense you think you I'm afraid.
It's not really about BNC, I agree with Brighton that he'd be a decent signing although I think money is better spent elsewhere, its about the players we bring in needing to be first team ready.
It's pretty obvious we'd rotate a lot more if we had the quality.

Agreed, BNC is just an example. But I do think he’d be a good signing in any case. The players at full back and wide attacking positions do a lot of work in the way we want to play and so having equally strong options in depth on each side of the pitch is a big plus.

no_loyalty

The point is we shouldn’t be signing back ups but multiple players of first team quality across the pitch. If the funds were available yes I would spend £1-2m on him.
100% agree, we need to sign a decent number of quality players as the small squad size has been our downfall this season and last.

SBT

The ‘integrity’ argument is bizarre - you can’t let other teams dictate how you prepare for a game. Our only obligation is to ourselves.

mmttww

Sakamoto also seems to get knackered pretty easily

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

stupot07

Sakamoto also seems to get knackered pretty easily so again EMC will be rotating more than being second choice per se.
Who's to say EMC hasn't been brought in to be first choice and we're planning a change of formation? He plays off the left for Peterborough, and Sakamoto plays off the right for us.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Who's to say EMC hasn't been brought in to be first choice and we're planning a change of formation? He plays off the left for Peterborough, and Sakamoto plays off the right for us.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
This is possible, and you’d have no depth again.

Users who are viewing this thread