Blade in peace (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Could be, but not necessarily. He might have found evidence
Actually what we see towards Nick from most of the people labelling him as a 'SISU lover (etc)' is a classic case of what we call 'scapegoating' within 'displaced aggression' with a large dollop of confirmation bias thrown in too. Nick's views are an outlier at one end of the spectrum but it is, ultimately, still the same SISU Out umbrella as everyone else - it is important to remember that. His own priority, under that umbrella, remains with the football aspect of CCFC above all, which in turn guides his reactions and responses to anything which potentially impacts his priority - the football matches. Most people at this end of the spectrum will have a deeper reason (that they might not even have realised) for ending up at this end of the spectrum e.g. the football is a bonding experience with a young child.

At the other end of the spectrum you have people whose priority is no longer the football but change of club ownership. Our downward spiral has impacted the matchday experience more severely for these people - budgets are slashed, relegations happen, the football becomes shit, their drinking buddies stop going, subsequently the atmosphere is poor and match days are no longer fun. These people naturally tend to be angrier about the situation as not only is their priority (ownership change) out of their direct control, the people responsible are equally untouchable - a faceless hedge fund, a voiceless woman who has been seen 3 times in 10 years, a chairman who antagonises but is rarely publicly available unless behind his security guards. This drives a feeling of helplessness which manifests as frustration and anger.

When a topic like a protest then comes up, that 'may' impact a game, one end of the spectrum is against it as it affects their priority, while the other side of the spectrum is all for it because it may contribute towards their desired priority of ownership change. Rational judgement becomes clouded at this point between the effect on the wider priority (ownership change) and an element of self-gain - the relief of frustration that is gained with the feeling of taking action (however futile or successful that action actually is).
For the other end of the spectrum there is risk involved e.g. the short term risk to the match itself and the loss of the bonding experience vs the longer term gain of ownership change that may positively impact that match/bonding experience. Natural survival instincts make humans generally risk cautious, most would rather settle for the meal in hand rather than gambling for 2 meals tomorrow. This then often leads to comments like 'at least we're doing something' but really it is just both sides protecting their self-gain from the situation.

This is where the displacement comes in - Nick's views are seen as contradictory to the other extreme, despite actually being under the same spectrum, to the point where he is seen as in opposition to the priority of ownership change. Because he is now perceived as the opposition, the anger felt towards the invisible SISU/Joy is then displaced onto the visible (online at least) Nick and he becomes the 'SISU' scapegoat/whipping boy. After several years of going round in the same circles, the confirmation bias kicks in too, exaggerating the situation further, as people selectively remember only the things that justify their feelings..... and now.....say a big hello to a fractured fanbase!
Great analysis. In short, it gets people's backs up when someone appears to want to offer criticism of supporters for their actions which, in hindsight, may appear misguided or futile, but are actually far less impacting on the club than those who own it.
I didn't run on the pitch against Sheffield United. I didn't want to risk arrest of being banned / get a criminal record etc., but I actually thought it would achieve very little Do I think the actions of those that did do so achieve much ? In as far as it provoked any movement from SISU is concerned, then no. Would I criticise those that ran on ? No. Why should I ? They did what they did to bring attention to those watching on television of our plight. Whether in hindsight it did any good is debateable, but I wouldn't question their motives. If I did I might want to ask myself what I've actually done about the whole sorry situation first.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I wrote a massive thread saying everything they could do to improve if they aren't going. People just agreed and forgot about it, it was amazing for the like ratio. Ideally we would just get new owners.

One of the first points was to get rid of Fisher to get somebody who will actually have a relationship with fans.

I've said over and over sisu are cunts in multiple threads. I've said by all means go and brick their office, I don't think it will change anything but it won't be interfering with matches.

I wasn't taking sides, I was just pointing out it was football fans trying to wind up other football fans so it is over the top to still get annoyed now and the reaction to it.

Interesting you say manufactured stereotype, why would somebody for example create a fake account to push that I'm on sisu payroll etc? Bit strange don't you think?

I've pretty much took your corner on this, read through my post again please.

I must be honest, that's the first time I've seen you use the word c**t let alone that and SISU in the same sentence, but it's not me you need to convince otherwise anyway.

I see where you're coming from most of the time, and I certainly don't think you're a 'SISU lover'. I just think you can't expect to say there's nothing wrong with people singing 'SISU in' and expect some posters not to jump to conclusions. I couldn't care less, but it's obviously gonna hit a nerve with some. Some of our fans are idiots, but as Otis said, I could never imagine hearing them sing 'Oystons in' up at Blackpool.

Covstu

Sadly we all faded off when we were relegated to league two so any promotion may feel like success whereas in reality it’s still shit. I don’t.honestly think we will ever get back to the premier in the next 20 years but would like us to be a decent championship side at least.
My worry is promotion to league one could mean we face brum, Sunderland etc which I don’t think we can compete with the current squad so we will languish middle to bottom of league one and deja vu strikes again.

A lot have walked away, a lot have accepted mediocrity but both want our owners out!

ccfcway

If people want to protest don't do it during games, I may not think they would work or achieve anything then either but there's no question of them interfering with games..

they have. Thousands have protested by walking away.

No doubt the most high profile ones are the ones done during the games.

Not saying they have worked or haven't but they have certainly got ccfc in the media spotlight more than anything outside of matches

letsallsingtogether

So posters moaned about 3 or 4 home games where we lost last season.
We only lost 8 games at home, so up to 50% of games came under scrutiny and fans blamed.
Ok so I exaggerated a bit but it was far from lying.

Adge

Last season the players got a free ride because of the off field shenanigans that were going on. Yes the owners were/are a disgrace but a third of the first team squad who will probably be named in the match-day v Stoke were/are a disgrace and should be held accountable as well as the owners for last years debacle. If the remaining 6500 odd that are left at the Ricoh don’t acknowledge/realise that then I really do despair wheather whistles were blown or pigs were thrown.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

So have I taken the time to come on here and post about how much I love SISU? No. I came on here regarding John Fleck.

The fact you put ‘God Tevez’ is you doing the very thing you claim you wouldn’t do.

You were on the wind up very clearly. And your little bit of opinion/knowledge on Fleck was as much use as a vegetarian’s steak knife, so thanks for that.

letsallsingtogether

If you want to get on TV apply for the Chase or Tipping Point.

Like you say, it wouldn't get rid of SISU but got us sympathy. You weren't bothered about the result but it got sympathy, which did what?

Their fans sang SISU in, they sang we love you sisu, we do after they scored. It's what football fans do, they were taking the piss.
They might have took the piss but they still haven't stopped moaning about it.
So really we won that one.
Bit like poor old Sunderland.
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread