Blade in peace (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Ah right. Bullshit then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick was more upset by our fans protesting than he’s ever been about anything our owners have done. He was practically salivating at the prospect of us being relegated by the points that according to him our fans cost us, he was keeping it tally at one point. Must have came as quite a disappointment when we were relegated by more. Probably still the fans fault anyway.

mechaishida

Fucking hell, all he said was: "Why did you let Fleck go?"

BladesS2, you probably are a decent guy, but we've had uhhhh 'issues' with your club and the majority of your fans.

We've been through more shit as a fanbase than any English club I can think of, so you'll have to bear with us.

Fleck was always a cut above, though, but consistency was the only point I had a problem with - his fitness wasn't great either, vanished from games too, but he had gold in that left foot.

I'll break the grain and wish you well, since you really didn't turn up to cause handbags at dawn. All the best, pal.

Nick

Administrator
Funny that nearly every home game we lost that season Nick and his posse came on here and blamed the protesters.
As the old song goes.
Que sera sera.
More made up nonsense, I mentioned it when there was a protest that interfered with the game. Hardly every home game was it.

Was twice.

Not sure why you have to make stuff up, at least you haven't felt the need to use a fake account for it like your pals and are happy to look a tool every time you do it from your own and can't back it up.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Nick was more upset by our fans protesting than he’s ever been about anything our owners have done. He was practically salivating at the prospect of us being relegated by the points that according to him our fans cost us, he was keeping it tally at one point. Must have came as quite a disappointment when we were relegated by more. Probably still the fans fault anyway.

He has made it up, it's bullshit and it's got you dribbling. No surprise there is there.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

Got no time for Sheffield United or their fans. I've got plenty of time for Sheff Wednesday though... :dead:

Gosford Green

QUOTE="Nick, post: 1454441, member: 1"]He has made it up, it's bullshit and it's got you dribbling. No surprise.[/QUOTE]

Funnily enough I also remember Nick almost exploding about the protests but 10 years of terminal decline under the worse owners in the history of football never gets a whimper, his entire life is this forum and putting a positive spin on everything Coventry City, which is the most unfortunate of callings, we are crowd funding a rubik's cube to get him off here for 2 hours a day.

To answer the question about Fleck, he was probably our best midfieder for a few years, he forged a good partnership with Vincealot but Sheffield Utd and Bradford respectively came in with more money and off they went.

We are not really at war, most fans want the same thing, 5 or on this forum disagree with the majority and all their noise is on here.

Nick

Administrator
QUOTE="Nick, post: 1454441, member: 1"]He has made it up, it's bullshit and it's got you dribbling. No surprise.

Funnily enough I also remember Nick almost exploding about the protests but 10 years of terminal decline under the worse owners in the history of football never gets a whimper, his entire life is this forum and putting a positive spin on everything Coventry City, which is the most unfortunate of callings, we are crowd funding a rubik's cube to get him off here for 2 hours a day.

To answer the question about Fleck, he was probably our best midfieder for a few years, he forged a good partnership with Vincealot but Sheffield Utd and Bradford respectively came in with more money and off they went.

We are not really at war, most fans want the same thing, 5 or on this forum disagree with the majority and all their noise is on here.[/QUOTE]

Can you point to where I blamed most home defeats on protests then?

When are cloughie and others turning up?

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

We are not really at war, most fans want the same thing, 5 or on this forum disagree with the majority and all their noise is on here.

Can you point to where I blamed most home defeats on protests then?

When are cloughie and others turning up?[/QUOTE]
Hi here I am

skybluetony176

He has made it up, it's bullshit and it's got you dribbling. No surprise there is there.

He may have exaggerated with “every game” but let’s not pretend that there wasn’t games where protests took place and you started blaming fans for costing us points salivating at the prospect of blaming fans for our impending relegation. Whistlegate being the most memorable where anyone there or watching the footage would know that the player switched of rather than him confusing a whistle at the opposite end of the ground for the whistle of the referee who was stood yards from him when there wasn’t even a hint of a decision to blow for. Then there was you blaming disruptions like throwing stuff on the pitch and pitch invaders for our players switching of once the game restarted. A strange phenomenon that only effected our players. We were no better when no protest were happening, we also came back to pick up points after protests happened. Something you wouldn’t ever acknowledge.

We were shit, owned by shit owners who have nurtured an environment for decline. Fuck all to do with fans, it’s amazing we’re still turning up in the numbers we do yet you want to make us the focus of blame.

Nick

Administrator
He may have exaggerated with “every game” but let’s not pretend that there wasn’t games where protests took place and you started blaming fans for costing us points salivating at the prospect of blaming fans for our impending relegation. Whistlegate being the most memorable where anyone there or watching the footage would know that the player switched of rather than him confusing a whistle at the opposite end of the ground for the whistle of the referee who was stood yards from him when there wasn’t even a hint of a decision to blow for. Then there was you blaming disruptions like throwing stuff on the pitch and pitch invaders for our players switching of once the game restarted. A strange phenomenon that only effected our players. We were no better when no protest were happening, we also came back to pick up points after protests happened. Something you wouldn’t ever acknowledge.

We were shit, owned by shit owners who have nurtured an environment for decline. Fuck all to do with fans, it’s amazing we’re still turning up in the numbers we do yet you want to make us the focus of blame.

I blamed the games when the protests interfered with the game. Don't think I blamed a coffin outside for us losing did I?

At least stick to what was actually said and what happened.

Yes, I blamed somebody for blowing a whistle that sounded like the refs when we were holding onto a decent lead in the last minute.

Otis

Plot twist, Nick was the instigator of the SISU IN song... :D
You're not far wrong.

I've been to his house once and there's a few little clues in his DVD and music collection.

He's got 'Over the Hedge' (fund), Jennifer Lawrence's 'Joy,' the 'Fisher King,' the 'Accused,' 'Witness for the prosecution,' 'Chairman of the Board,' and CD's '99 Red Balloons,' and 'Down, Down' by Status Quo.

Nick

Administrator
You're not far wrong.

I've been to his house once and there's a few little clues in his DVD and music collection.

He's got 'Over the Hedge' (fund), Jennifer Lawrence's 'Joy,' the 'Fisher King,' the 'Accused,' 'Witness for the prosecution,' 'Chairman of the Board,' and CD's '99 Red Balloons,' and 'Down, Down' by Status Quo.
Can't believe you are putting me down as well. They are clearly blu ray.

Otis

Can't believe you are putting me down as well. They are clearly blu ray.
Ahh, my eyesight ain't so good these days.

I can't be 100% certain, but I am pretty sure when you opened the door 'Leaving this town for another one' by the Beach Boys was playing in the background.

Esoterica

Actually what we see towards Nick from most of the people labelling him as a 'SISU lover (etc)' is a classic case of what we call 'scapegoating' within 'displaced aggression' with a large dollop of confirmation bias thrown in too. Nick's views are an outlier at one end of the spectrum but it is, ultimately, still the same SISU Out umbrella as everyone else - it is important to remember that. His own priority, under that umbrella, remains with the football aspect of CCFC above all, which in turn guides his reactions and responses to anything which potentially impacts his priority - the football matches. Most people at this end of the spectrum will have a deeper reason (that they might not even have realised) for ending up at this end of the spectrum e.g. the football is a bonding experience with a young child.

At the other end of the spectrum you have people whose priority is no longer the football but change of club ownership. Our downward spiral has impacted the matchday experience more severely for these people - budgets are slashed, relegations happen, the football becomes shit, their drinking buddies stop going, subsequently the atmosphere is poor and match days are no longer fun. These people naturally tend to be angrier about the situation as not only is their priority (ownership change) out of their direct control, the people responsible are equally untouchable - a faceless hedge fund, a voiceless woman who has been seen 3 times in 10 years, a chairman who antagonises but is rarely publicly available unless behind his security guards. This drives a feeling of helplessness which manifests as frustration and anger.

When a topic like a protest then comes up, that 'may' impact a game, one end of the spectrum is against it as it affects their priority, while the other side of the spectrum is all for it because it may contribute towards their desired priority of ownership change. Rational judgement becomes clouded at this point between the effect on the wider priority (ownership change) and an element of self-gain - the relief of frustration that is gained with the feeling of taking action (however futile or successful that action actually is).
For the other end of the spectrum there is risk involved e.g. the short term risk to the match itself and the loss of the bonding experience vs the longer term gain of ownership change that may positively impact that match/bonding experience. Natural survival instincts make humans generally risk cautious, most would rather settle for the meal in hand rather than gambling for 2 meals tomorrow. This then often leads to comments like 'at least we're doing something' but really it is just both sides protecting their self-gain from the situation.

This is where the displacement comes in - Nick's views are seen as contradictory to the other extreme, despite actually being under the same spectrum, to the point where he is seen as in opposition to the priority of ownership change. Because he is now perceived as the opposition, the anger felt towards the invisible SISU/Joy is then displaced onto the visible (online at least) Nick and he becomes the 'SISU' scapegoat/whipping boy. After several years of going round in the same circles, the confirmation bias kicks in too, exaggerating the situation further, as people selectively remember only the things that justify their feelings..... and now.....say a big hello to a fractured fanbase!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

@Nick Of late, the majority of threads that go off track and get into an argument, you're at the heart of. You sure as hell didn't build this forum up to what it is by acting this way.
I must admit, nowadays I'll check a thread, check back like three hours later and theirs 9 pages and the middle 6 are numerous arguments almost always involving Nick. It's really beginning to tire.

Skyblueweeman

Actually what we see towards Nick from most of the people labelling him as a 'SISU lover (etc)' is a classic case of what we call 'scapegoating' within 'displaced aggression' with a large dollop of confirmation bias thrown in too. Nick's views are an outlier at one end of the spectrum but it is, ultimately, still the same SISU Out umbrella as everyone else - it is important to remember that. His own priority, under that umbrella, remains with the football aspect of CCFC above all, which in turn guides his reactions and responses to anything which potentially impacts his priority - the football matches. Most people at this end of the spectrum will have a deeper reason (that they might not even have realised) for ending up at this end of the spectrum e.g. the football is a bonding experience with a young child.

At the other end of the spectrum you have people whose priority is no longer the football but change of club ownership. Our downward spiral has impacted the matchday experience more severely for these people - budgets are slashed, relegations happen, the football becomes shit, their drinking buddies stop going, subsequently the atmosphere is poor and match days are no longer fun. These people naturally tend to be angrier about the situation as not only is their priority (ownership change) out of their direct control, the people responsible are equally untouchable - a faceless hedge fund, a voiceless woman who has been seen 3 times in 10 years, a chairman who antagonises but is rarely publicly available unless behind his security guards. This drives a feeling of helplessness which manifests as frustration and anger.

When a topic like a protest then comes up, that 'may' impact a game, one end of the spectrum is against it as it affects their priority, while the other side of the spectrum is all for it because it may contribute towards their desired priority of ownership change. Rational judgement becomes clouded at this point between the effect on the wider priority (ownership change) and an element of self-gain - the relief of frustration that is gained with the feeling of taking action (however futile or successful that action actually is).
For the other end of the spectrum there is risk involved e.g. the short term risk to the match itself and the loss of the bonding experience vs the longer term gain of ownership change that may positively impact that match/bonding experience. Natural survival instincts make humans generally risk cautious, most would rather settle for the meal in hand rather than gambling for 2 meals tomorrow. This then often leads to comments like 'at least we're doing something' but really it is just both sides protecting their self-gain from the situation.

This is where the displacement comes in - Nick's views are seen as contradictory to the other extreme, despite actually being under the same spectrum, to the point where he is seen as in opposition to the priority of ownership change. Because he is now perceived as the opposition, the anger felt towards the invisible SISU/Joy is then displaced onto the visible (online at least) Nick and he becomes the 'SISU' scapegoat/whipping boy. After several years of going round in the same circles, the confirmation bias kicks in too, exaggerating the situation further, as people selectively remember only the things that justify their feelings..... and now.....say a big hello to a fractured fanbase!

When you get a like from OSB58, you know you've written a good post. And spot on...very well articulated.

fernandopartridge

I despair of our fans, I really do...

When we have sung songs, such as Shit on the Villa, bastards in claret and blue, build a bonfire, etc.... do really really expect Villa fans to think we mean it, and actually get upset and think we are "scum"...?

Yet a few Sheffield Utd fans on an away trip, sing pro-SISU songs in an attempt to wind us up, and people on here are actually still upset and offended a year later.

Some of you really need to get a life, and/or some thicker skin.
It's just another sign of the victim complex amongst Cov fans

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

I blamed the games when the protests interfered with the game. Don't think I blamed a coffin outside for us losing did I?

At least stick to what was actually said and what happened.

Yes, I blamed somebody for blowing a whistle that sounded like the refs when we were holding onto a decent lead in the last minute.

But there were games that were protested and interrupted where we pulled points back. Didn’t see you congratulating the protesters on them occasions. How do you explain the games where there was no protest and our players switched off or never turned up?

How do you explain the protests only effecting our players not the opposition?

It was a common theme last season, protest or not.

The player had switched of before the whistle was blown the footage confirmed that, as pointed out it was also at the other end of the pitch whereas the ref was yards away from the player. You keep blaming the fans though.

BladeS2

Would I take the time to sign up to a Sheffield United forum to post about how much I love Carlos Tevez? Would I fuck. Some of us have hit puberty and have grown out of that petty level of shithousing. Enjoy Fleck, wouldn’t want to be sour, like you lads were with over God Tevez.

Degenerate x

So have I taken the time to come on here and post about how much I love SISU? No. I came on here regarding John Fleck.

The fact you put ‘God Tevez’ is you doing the very thing you claim you wouldn’t do.

ajsccfc

Leon Clarke's doing the business this season too isn't he? Bit surprised by that, I had him as one of the best strikers at League One level but not quite there at Champ level especially after the Wolves move didn't work out.

Nick

Administrator
But there were games that were protested and interrupted where we pulled points back. Didn’t see you congratulating the protesters on them occasions. How do you explain the games where there was no protest and our players switched off or never turned up?

How do you explain the protests only effecting our players not the opposition?

It was a common theme last season, protest or not.

The player had switched of before the whistle was blown the footage confirmed that, as pointed out it was also at the other end of the pitch whereas the ref was yards away from the player. You keep blaming the fans though.
It wasn't at the other end of the pitch, it was on the outside of our box.

Which ones that affected the game like that did we do better afterwards?

The Charlton one for example was at the start of the game, it wasn't in the dying moments when we were hanging into a result.

Covstu

Post of the year fella (okay we are only 5 days in) but articulates the current situation we are in.

Moff

Absolute quality post.

One things that amazes me are the posters who join onto an argument playing for likes, same people all the time.

Nick

Administrator
should we be doing more protests at the start of games do you think ?
If people want to protest don't do it during games, I may not think they would work or achieve anything then either but there's no question of them interfering with games.

Look at the reaction the tennis ball one got, people moan about me saying things about them but there were a couple of hundred who were standing up sarcastically clapping and a few shouting abuse to the corner.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Whilst I agree with 99% of that post, I think there are a few people on here (myself included) that think it would probably be beneficial to hear Nick say 'SISU are a bunch of tossers' just once in a while so we know that what you have just said above is still true, even if we generally believe it.

As I said, agree with most of it but I think he also likes playing the pantomime villain at times. For example with this thread, and rather taking sides with a group of supports singing 'SISU in'. Whilst most of us know there's nothing in it, it doesn't help the stereotype that has been manufactured.

Nick

Administrator
Whilst I agree with 99% of that post, I think there are a few people on here (myself included) that think it would probably be beneficial to hear Nick say 'SISU are a bunch of tossers' just once in a while so we know that what you have just said above is still true, even if we generally believe it.

As I said, agree with most of it but I think he also likes playing the pantomime villain at times. For example with this thread, and rather taking sides with a group of supports singing 'SISU in'. Whilst most of us know there's nothing in it, it doesn't help the stereotype that has been manufactured.

I wrote a massive thread saying everything they could do to improve if they aren't going. People just agreed and forgot about it, it was amazing for the like ratio. Ideally we would just get new owners.

One of the first points was to get rid of Fisher to get somebody who will actually have a relationship with fans.

I've said over and over sisu are cunts in multiple threads. I've said by all means go and brick their office, I don't think it will change anything but it won't be interfering with matches.

I wasn't taking sides, I was just pointing out it was football fans trying to wind up other football fans so it is over the top to still get annoyed now and the reaction to it.

Interesting you say manufactured stereotype, why would somebody for example create a fake account to push that I'm on sisu payroll etc? Bit strange don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread