Match Thread Bournemouth (H) Easter Monday (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

4%, 4.6% or 5%?

I find it easier to drink 4% on a session. Stella or Kronenburg sends me loopy.

Stella dehydrates me at a rate of knots, Kronenburg 4 pints and above, I start to go sleepy !

Kieranp96

It certainly was on iFollow abroad today, judging by the number on here who watched it. It always is, by default, with the occasional exception if it is selected for international TV coverage (for example the Blackburn game). When these occasional exceptions happen the club always announces it.

Should have read a little bit more lower

Sky Blue Harry H

Unlikely (and I still suspect Millwall might sneak in there) but if we beat WBA, then Huddersfield will be resting players for the play offs. That would leave us needing to win at Stoke to have a very small % chance of doing it ourselves. A bit like winning those 3 games to avoid relegation a long time ago (final game Everton ?) Still about a 100/1 shot, but a win at the Baggies would make things interesting, plus would be a great result.

Last edited:

Grendel

After match was more enjoyable than the game that’s for sure

Grendel

How many pints did you finish on in the end G?

i actually miscalculated it was 12 at the time I’m sensible these days and knocked it on the head at 8 o clock

SlowerThanPlatt

Unlikely (and I still suspect Millwall might sneak in there) but if we beat WBA, then Huddersfield will be resting players for the play offs. That would leave us needing to win at Stoke to have a very small % chance of doing oit ourselves. A bit like winning those 3 games to avoid relegation a long time ago (final game Everton ?) Still about a 100/1 shot, but a win at the Baggies would make things interesting, plus would be a great result.

WBA home record is very good, it’s away where they struggle. I read they haven’t lost to anyone in the top half at home

SkyBlueMatt

One thing I'll take from the game is that I'm glad my ST next year is a few rows down in 15 from the drummer.

I don't mind it and I think he helps the atmosphere but I was stood right within earshot. It was a bit too close for my liking :ROFLMAO:

Offhegoes

Disappointing day. We did start full of energy, but our passing was a little off, and the energy levels by the 2nd half were way down, as to be expected when we've named an unchanged line-up again for 3 games in 8 days. Defence needs some work in the summer, as we leak some soft goals, and Kane was caught for the 1st goal, but he had a good game going forward. Would of liked to have seen Tavarres and Jones 2nd half to offer more pace and trickery, but we got Waghorn and Kelly.

Sky Blue Harry H

WBA home record is very good, it’s away where they struggle. I read they haven’t lost to anyone in the top half at home

Yes I know. At least Furlong (with the long throw) is suspended, so won't be hurling the ball in for Andy Carroll. We may well not win, but we might!

Nick

Administrator
i actually miscalculated it was 12 at the time I’m sensible these days and knocked it on the head at 8 o clock

giphy.gif

johnwillomagic

With results going how they went it is not "over" as many seem to be claiming as only four points off of sixth place.

However we would need to win all three which is unlikely - I think the West Brom game will be the trickiest match if we get three points from that one then the play off dream may just still be on,

Flying Fokker

The Championship will remain fucked up until they start reducing the huge parachute payments clubs get when coming down.
It creates such a disparity between them and the rest.

We all know at least two of Burnley, Norwich and Watford will be nailed on top six, if not top three next season.
Yep....And Norwich of all clubs is sniffing around another of our players. I'm all for encouraging player's progression but it is a bit of an eye-opener when the likes of Norwich come offering good money for the likes of O'Hare....And not forgetting us gifting Maddison to them a few years back. It's all wrong. I just want those clubs to over-stretch and end up losing everything they betted on. A bit like what we did but without SISU adding their paltry efforts of local diplomacy amongst the fan base and stadium owners. West Brom and QPR are now showing potential to spiral down the league system. This year was important for them, given that Parachute payments bolstered their efforts.

So for City to be near them is impressive.

Flying Fokker

With results going how they went it is not "over" as many seem to be claiming as only four points off of sixth place.

However we would need to win all three which is unlikely - I think the West Brom game will be the trickiest match if we get three points from that one then the play off dream may just still be on,

Stub it out before we all get high.

Flying Fokker

Why were we losing money?
Paying rent at a higher rate then at the Ricoh and playing infront of crowds of 6000.( now that's batshit) and I was one of the ST holders for 2 shit years at SA
Now we have crowds of 20,000 cheaper rent and a proper shop and better cut of all f and b. Sorry mate but we deserve better. Doesnt need much to make that small push to the next level keep what we have and strengthen the squad.
Absolutely spot on. I am not a SISU fan and I stayed away during the exodus. But I would be very surprised if City press the panic button and invest big in a squad worthy of a challenge. But...The likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Sheffield, Norwich, West Hame et al all came from where we are at the moment with relatively small budgets compared to those who drop out of the Prem. Every one of those teams looked head and shoulders above the team that we put out, whenever they were promoted up the league (s).

I don't want us to do A Derby and don't want a return to how CCFC was run prior to SISU either.

Give us a lucky push at promotion any day above that...I wonder if this season is the one that we needed to get into the play-offs? Dreaming that we are progressing and not fizzling out next season.

Gibbo

Disappointing day. We did start full of energy, but our passing was a little off, and the energy levels by the 2nd half were way down, as to be expected when we've named an unchanged line-up again for 3 games in 8 days. Defence needs some work in the summer, as we leak some soft goals, and Kane was caught for the 1st goal, but he had a good game going forward. Would of liked to have seen Tavarres and Jones 2nd half to offer more pace and trickery, but we got Waghorn and Kelly.
I thought Waghoen suprisingly effective - more movement than Viktor. But I agree about Kelly. It was clear we needed sonme trickery to break down their defence so it had to be Tavares or even Jones.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thought though we were still in it in the first half reality kicked in even after the first goal and we lacked our usual fluidity. Too many players seem a little leggy and were mentally tired.

Bournemouth are a good team in this division but a fair distance off the division above in terms of going up and staying there. No disgrace in losing to them but the score flattered them

No one really stood out for us to be honest. All 5 or a 6 but no disasters. To really push on we need to retain the star players and most of the others but add quality in squad numbers to give us depth. We can not expect the small number of first team to do it all again next season, they need more players, they need help.

Great atmosphere first half.

I would like to see some game time given to more of the youngsters in the remaining matches to start building for next season. But MR sees them each day and knows best, he has done a great job, i might have an alternative opinion on some substitutions sometimes but i cant argue against all he has done and built so far

Still it is a season to be very happy with and team to be very proud of 👏👏👍

Users who are viewing this thread