Match Thread Bournemouth (H) Easter Monday (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

The vast majority would have attended this season already a number of times. Despite the good gate, I still know more city fans not at the game today than who were there, many of whom have been semi regular this season but just couldn't make it today. We have a large pool of supporters who pick and choose, all that's happened today is that more of them have picked and chosen the same game. We haven't just conjured up new fans from nowhere who will not return because of one defeat!

Probably right mate - just like it when the stadium has a bigger crowd - and doubly so when we win in front of it.

Grendel

And the others?

Like I said, you go hell for leather on days like today.

As I said, a pound shop Italia.

I doubt I’ve posted anymore on this match thread to any others - actually I know I haven’t - hey ho

harvey098

Frustrating one today. That early goal killed us really as the atmosphere was brilliant and I think it would've carried us the longer it stayed level.

Ultimately outclassed though and they were just more ruthless with their breaks. That's the difference between top 2 and midtable though.

Regardless, what an incredible season and what a job Robins has done - It's ridiculous that we were able to have an occasion like today thinking about a play-off place with our penultimate home game of the season. It's rare to get a season ticket without the dead rubbers towards the end of the season. Amazing value for money this year.

Grendel

Frustrating one today. That early goal killed us really as the atmosphere was brilliant and I think it would've carried us the longer it stayed level.

Ultimately outclassed though and they were just more ruthless with their breaks. That's the difference between top 2 and midtable though.

Regardless, what an incredible season and what a job Robins has done - It's ridiculous that we were able to have an occasion like today thinking about a play-off place with our penultimate home game of the season. It's rare to get a season ticket without the dead rubbers towards the end of the season. Amazing value for money this year.

Nathan Jones is doing a tad better though

Bugsy

Grendel

God, I pray I never get this lonely

the irony being it’s a bank holiday Monday night and I believe your first post of the match is well - chatting to me.

SkyBlueMatt

In the first half when we were 1 down I was confident we could have turned it around. Though it wasn't clicking, we were the well in the game and could argue we were the better side. The crowd was behind the team and they were wasting time from what it seemed like the first minute.

I went down early because I wanted a beer and I heard the second goal go in. Still didn't think it was over but then the second half started.

I can't remember the last time I was at a game when everyone had given up, including me. The ref should have blown the whistle half hour early.

The players will know they were all below par, no point slating them. They've done a brilliant job this year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

harvey098

Nathan Jones is doing a tad better though

There are moments where I quite enjoy your contributions on here and then there are moments where I think you genuinely must just be a bit weird and troubled.

One last time today as you've ignored the other attempts... Will you admit / correct how wrong your statement was when you said that Godden wouldn't get into the squad of any top 6 team in league 1? C'mon.. you can do this. Treat it as a first step in personal growth. This is your moment - GO

Grendel

Yes, I was at the game with my friends. Seems like another big day on the forums for you though?

Of course you were - must be a struggle getting back to London with the trains being down on bank holiday

Anyway according to nick I don’t post on match threads until today

I just can’t win

Nick

Administrator
Of course you were - must be a struggle getting back to London with the trains being down on bank holiday

I just can’t win

Are you ok? When have I said never until today?

Why make things up? Weird.

shepardo01

I'm gutted.
Same old story... people talk about their quality, but putting away a free header on the edge of the 6 yard box and a deflected goal after poor decisions by our back 3, isn't necessarily down to "their quality"
On another day, also, more than likely an opposition goalkeeper saves goal 1/3 if that was us.
Said it before- we are a good side. But too frequently concede first, which is often a soft goal.
This, I feel will be/was our best chance at play offs for a while. All the talk of "recruit well in the summer and we'll be a force next year"... true, provided we don't get rid of Hamer (by far our best player - and quoted by Robins numerous times as our most creative too)
Caveat here.... to even attempt to "recruit well" , as we know, we need to generate funds.... sadly we know how that mat transpire.

Often teams like us (our structure/financial stature) get one chance.... (see Barnsley last year) teams snap up players and thet will struggle the following year.

Gutted this evening- but my nerves and nausea (see pre match post!) had gone after 55 mins.... along with our season.

SBT

I just can’t win

Going to the game on your own and spending the entire afternoon trying to get a rise out of randoms on here - there’s no scenario where you’re the winner here, old chap.

Grendel

Are you ok? When have I said never until today?

Why make things up? Weird.

You said less it’s not true is it

SBT

I just can’t win

Edit: Double post! Blaming the mobile reception on the train back to London….

Grendel

Going to the game on your own and spending the entire afternoon trying to get a rise out of randoms on here - there’s no scenario where you’re the winner here, old chap.

But I’m getting a rise from you travelling back from the hand with you “friends” 😏

Grendel

Are you struggling to read and write today? Or are you just bullshitting?

You really aren't as clever as you think you are, its funny really.

Well you made an accusation I didn’t post on the Fulham game (which I did) and you of course didn’t on the Birmingham game at all (which I did)

I post at every home game Nick with pretty much the same consistency of posts.

@SBT says anyone posting at the game is a loner with no mates and no family

The vitriol is odd and a lot of regular posters are observing this with interest

SkyblueTexan

For some reason Bournemouth always seem to have a psychological edge over us. We need to add more pieces to what we have in order to challenge teams like them. Then we can mount a more consistent playoff push.

Grendel

Lads losing at home to FGR wasn't that long ago

When Sisu took over the notion Bournemouth would be a bigger club than us would look a bit silky but yeah its great we don’t now lose to Forest Green Rovers - Christ it’s such heady days

Evo1883

When Sisu took over the notion Bournemouth would be a bigger club than us would look a bit silky but yeah its great we don’t now lose to Forest Green Rovers - Christ it’s such heady days

In fairness, they've spent more than 99% of the entire football league over the last few years ( wild guess ofcourse but you get my point ) there are many clubs bigger than us not in the Premier league Grendel

Grendel

In fairness, they've spent more than 99% of the entire football league over the last few years ( wild guess ofcourse but you get my point )

well not really and even Blackpool have made it once to the chosen land

Fwiw I’m now on my 14th pint but still coherent

SBT

@SBT says anyone posting at the game is a loner with no mates and no family

Don’t recall saying this, and for the record it’s obviously fine if people go to games and post on here, but if Sky Blues Talk flame wars are the central part of your match day then maybe you need to reassess things a little bit?

I see you’ve had 14 pints though so clearly you’re in a good place emotionally

David O'Day

In fairness, they've spent more than 99% of the entire football league over the last few years ( wild guess ofcourse but you get my point ) there are many clubs bigger than us not in the Premier league Grendel

Just put Grenners on ignore

Anyway yeah today they had a 19 million quid striker, a 30 million euro midfielder, a centre half who cost about 15 million quid and they brought on a midfield who also most about 15 million quid. So is it any shock they are now a better team than us.

As I said it wasn't long ago we we're losing in league 2 to FGR so yes I'll take this season and call it a success.

Grendel

You are a strange strange human being.

yeah i mean the 35 seasons in the top flight mean nothing to the dizzy heights of losing a game to a club that wasn’t even on my radar until into this century

Users who are viewing this thread