Match Thread Bournemouth Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Hamer will not be playing for us next year unfortunately.

If he carries on like that he will end up like many other overseas players - just vanishing

Dire performance. You can’t be a quarterback delivering set pieces and do nothing else

regardless of the red card his second half performance was truly dire

NortonSkyBlue

If he carries on like that he will end up like many other overseas players - just vanishing

Dire performance. You can’t be a quarterback delivering set pieces and do nothing else

I don’t get the Hamer love in. Poke the bear and he will react, too easy to provoke, and although you can see he is a good player he is a liability. His sending off didn’t cost us the game last night, it was already gone, but it’s strange that such an aggressive player was so weak in the tackle.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thought the better team won and the scoreline adequately reflected Bournemouth superiority

CCFC showed some flashes of quality but not often enough but worked hard for 90 minutes. To their credit they never gave up.

Bournemouth pressed high from the get go which forced us back and left Godden isolated. We were never out of it first half but any threat was in flashes not sustained. Second half we were never in it really especially after the sending off. I am not sure the changes at half time worked or whether it was Bournemouth going up a gear (i think they had more gears to go up through not sure we did on the night because of the opposition press)

The press put our defense under pressure and it never really looked totally comfortable. Too often the midfield defensively switched off or didn't get close enough. There were some worrying gaps

The sending off maybe to the letter of the law but was frankly ridiculous. Not just because players should know better but because when a straight forearm high on the chest delivered with force is classed less dangerous than a stroke of the cheek then the law is an ass.

Lot to learn for the players and MR. We will come up against similar teams and there is a clear gap in ability and quality. Bournemouth clearly have the benefit of their premier league experience and money. There are plenty of teams that will try to match our work rate. We need a plan B and it concerns me that there doesn't appear to be one. We play good football, can show quality, but don't create enough threat consistently over 90 minutes so far.

Working hard is expected from all teams in this division it is not an exceptional quality. It is going to be a tough season but it is early days with a lot to learn.

MR's toughest task may be keeping confidence and belief high for a young inexperienced at this level squad if we have a bad run of results. There is ability there and hard work, but Bournemouth showed others how to play against us.

We can stay in this division but I really do not see us fighting at the top half. Early days yet though and I am not down heartened

PUSB's

mate the are a grassroots club though
This is a few weeks out of date but shows the insanity of it all. Bournemouth acting like they've got the begging bowl out because they have to sell a few players. Literally 4 players' wages make up our entire turnover

View attachment 17139
It doesn't really detract from your point but those are all pre-relegation wages. None of us know for sure what the size of the relegation clauses are but it is widely believed to be in the 35%-50% bracket. Allegedly the only player without a relegation clause was Nathan Ake. Also you can deduct Harry Arter from the list as he will soon be annoying the xxxx out of you when he turns up with Florist.
A previous post mentioned Jefferson Lerma - I am very surprised he is still with us but the only rumoured offers came from Turkey and I assume he prefers Bournemouth beaches to Turkey.
Old fogies 'I was there' claim: I was there the last time we beat you - in the 63-64 season. The two players that I remember were George Curtis - unmissable - and Ronnie Rees,
Anyway, enough of this. In my ideal world we both get promoted but at the very least I hope you get to re-establish yourselves at this level before 'onwards and upwards'.

Londonccfcfan

I don't think he will just vanish. His career and future is certain, our recruitment department have imo picked up a diamond and performances so far have been good.
The championship stats back that up.

The sending off was a bit harsh as most would agree..But probably the right call.

Let's see hopefully he will learn from this, he's young enough and in good hands with Robins and AV.

This diamond needs polishing. But fuck me the boy is an incredible talent.

Surely even you can see that.

wingy

Are we likely to try piped crowd noise at some point?
See if it assists them psychologically.
Have the away games had any Crowd noise?
Was the knee taken last night?

Jamesimus

Are we likely to try piped crowd noise at some point?
See if it assists them psychologically.
Have the away games had any Crowd noise?
Was the knee taken last night?

So what you're saying is, maybe we don't need to spend 100 million on players, all we might need is some crowd noise played over a tannoy?! Genius and extremely economical if we can pull it off.

wingy

So what you're saying is, maybe we don't need to spend 100 million on players, all we might need is some crowd noise played over a tannoy?! Genius and extremely economical if we can pull it off.
More why are we playing in silence against any team really?
Curious as to the thinking behind it .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It appears to me that the crowd noise on the TV isn't like a normal situation and is the same regardless of home or away team. So need someone there to weight it in our favour. Or set up a huge zoom call and pipe the audio over the loudspeakers.

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting results today. QPR equalised in the last minute to deny Weds a win.

Forest and Wycombe still no points on the board.

Voice_of_Reason

N
Interesting results today. QPR equalised in the last minute to deny Weds a win.

Forest and Wycombe still no points on the board.
Only 3 points off the play offs having played 3 of the better teams in the Championship oh, and 4 points off relegation. I would have accepted this after 4 games... there are about 7 teams much better than us, and arguably 6 teams worse.

covcity4life

I don’t get the Hamer love in. Poke the bear and he will react, too easy to provoke, and although you can see he is a good player he is a liability. His sending off didn’t cost us the game last night, it was already gone, but it’s strange that such an aggressive player was so weak in the tackle.
I like what I've seen of hamer but agree with this. Soon as he signed people were syaing upgrade over Walsh. Fucking ridiculous

Tommo1993

People are allowed to have first impressions. If you think Walsh is better than Hamer, you’re right.

clint van damme

N

Only 3 points off the play offs having played 3 of the better teams in the Championship oh, and 4 points off relegation. I would have accepted this after 4 games... there are about 7 teams much better than us, and arguably 6 teams worse.

I'd say two of the better teams in the Championship not three.
I'm not sure if you're putting QPR or Barnsley in with Bristol and Bournemouth but neither of them are anywhere near that level.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'd say two of the better teams in the Championship not three.
I'm not sure if you're putting QPR or Barnsley in with Bristol and Bournemouth but neither of them are anywhere near that level.

Good thing is we are scoring goals against the inevitable teams that will be in the top 6.

Users who are viewing this thread