Match Thread Bournemouth match thread (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

I cannot believe that there isn't already a busy match thread discussing Barnsley's game with Bournemouth, given that we are now a joint CCFC/BFC forum.

Chaplin is playing well, as is Styles.

Taxi for Woodrow. Connor has pulled the ball back in the area twice for a tap in and Woodrow wasn't there. Woodrow now also caught fucking around in his own half and given away a goal.

Unlucky to be two down at half time but cannot see us coming back from this.

johnwillomagic

Yep the legendary Barnsley high press and miserly defence...... :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Quality defending and goalkeeping for the fourth goal!!

Barnsley hasn't joined in this thread yet I happen to notice....unusual he is normally quite vocal on here! :rolleyes:

johnwillomagic

Barnsley on this evidence don't have the quality to pass the ball - big hoof up to Woodrow should be the order of the day....they've embarrassed themselves here at least we were level with Bournemouth at half time!

johnwillomagic

Barnsley manager out of his depth tactically they'll be lots of 4-0 defeats to come for them unless they adopt their customary big hoof approach to scrape our of trouble end of season.....;) Mark Robins already rubbing his hands for St Andrews fixture...

Barnsley

Barnsley manager out of his depth tactically they'll be lots of 4-0 defeats to come for them unless they adopt their customary big hoof approach to scrape our of trouble end of season.....;) Mark Robins already rubbing his hands for St Andrews fixture...

he’s managed to win 5 of his 9 games though

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

If you judged us on our Bournemouth performance you'd think the same

Sky Blue Harry H

Chaplin played some nice/clever stuff across the edge of the Bournemouth box early doors. Bournemouth obviously stronger, but they were against us too. Can't read too much into this (although I quite like the Barnsley baiting!)

Barnsley

Chaplin played some nice/clever stuff across the edge of the Bournemouth box early doors. Bournemouth obviously stronger, but they were against us too. Can't read too much into this (although I quite like the Barnsley baiting!)

we approached the game totally wrong and got battered, but at least we tried to attack even though it was the wrong thing to do against a side of this quality.

Sky Blue Harry H

we approached the game totally wrong and got battered, but at least we tried to attack even though it was the wrong thing to do against a side of this quality.

If you'd have got on the end of one of Chaplin's square balls, you could have gone in level. That second goal killed you really (especially the timing)

Barnsley

If you'd have got on the end of one of Chaplin's square balls, you could have gone in level. That second goal killed you really (especially the timing)

the difference in squad quality was evident in spades. We just don’t have the quality needed to take the chances we create, £100m as bought them it, we’re not shite but we’re a million miles away from the top teams, luckily we’re better than at least 3 teams in my opinion.

johnwillomagic

We win tomorrow we have the same record and are two points off them and think we will last the course of the season far better the new manager bounce is wearing off....we will see time will tell!

johnwillomagic

Last five games form guide both teams have six points,,,,,if we get a point or more we will be better than Barnsley over last five games.

Barnsley

Because they lost to Bournemouth? Over the last 6 games they’ve got 3 more points than us and this has been our good spell...

We’ve been beat by two top quality teams and good team, in that 6 game spell, we out played the good team and didn’t take our chances, which is the story of our season, the 2 quality teams played us off the park which is to be expected if you don’t take your chances, you have to be clinical against teams of their quality because they will be.

I’m not worried by last nights game, we had a go at them and got hammered, we play a really high intensity style of football, and that was our third game in 6 days, against a team that are light years ahead of us, and most teams in this league, in terms of squad quality.

Covkid1968#

I suspect us and Barnsley will be in that group of teams that finish just above the drop zone.... although Barnsley towards the top of it given they have had an extra championship year getting used to this level.... and I’d be happy with that and wouldn’t think twice about renewing the ST

Astute

We’ve been beat by two top quality teams and good team, in that 6 game spell, we out played the good team and didn’t take our chances, which is the story of our season, the 2 quality teams played us off the park which is to be expected if you don’t take your chances, you have to be clinical against teams of their quality because they will be.

I’m not worried by last nights game, we had a go at them and got hammered, we play a really high intensity style of football, and that was our third game in 6 days, against a team that are light years ahead of us, and most teams in this league, in terms of squad quality.
It isn't the story of your season. It is the story of your players. We have the same problem.

Yes you can take on other sides by attacking. But it comes down to the quality of those in the position to score. The top sides have the quality to hurt you each time they get forward. You either get lucky or you lose.

Instead of hoping for luck you can stop them from playing their normal game. Not pretty to watch but it reduces their chances. Reduce them to one goal and you have a chance of some sort of result. Let them play their sort of game and you have to get goals just for the chance of a point.

Very simple but many find it hard to grasp reality.

Barnsley

It isn't the story of your season. It is the story of your players. We have the same problem.

Yes you can take on other sides by attacking. But it comes down to the quality of those in the position to score. The top sides have the quality to hurt you each time they get forward. You either get lucky or you lose.

Instead of hoping for luck you can stop them from playing their normal game. Not pretty to watch but it reduces their chances. Reduce them to one goal and you have a chance of some sort of result. Let them play their sort of game and you have to get goals just for the chance of a point.

Very simple but many find it hard to grasp reality.

I’d rather us do what we are, I enjoyed watching last night’s game, footballs a form of entertainment, yesterday’s game was very entertaining. Plenty of action chances and goals. Watching boring negative shite is soul destroying. I’d much rather have a go and lose than park the bus for a draw.

Garryb80

I’d rather us do what we are, I enjoyed watching last night’s game, footballs a form of entertainment, yesterday’s game was very entertaining. Plenty of action chances and goals. Watching boring negative shite is soul destroying. I’d much rather have a go and lose than park the bus for a draw.
Do that 46 times a season and your 46 points worse off but at least you were entertained. Glad its not just us who have some odd fans

Astute

Would you rather have a go each game and get involved in a relegation battle or cut down your opponents chances and keep a gap between yourself and the bottom 3?

You have the bonus of a season to build in the Championship. We don't. Our squad lacks Championship experience. Survival this season is important.

Users who are viewing this thread