Match Thread Bournemouth match thread (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Would you rather have a go each game and get involved in a relegation battle or cut down your opponents chances and keep a gap between yourself and the bottom 3?

You have the bonus of a season to build in the Championship. We don't. Our squad lacks Championship experience. Survival this season is important.

We are yet to face one of the top sides playing 4-stodge-1. We played it against the worst team in the league and couldn't keep them out for starters

Barnsley

Would you rather have a go each game and get involved in a relegation battle or cut down your opponents chances and keep a gap between yourself and the bottom 3?

You have the bonus of a season to build in the Championship. We don't. Our squad lacks Championship experience. Survival this season is important.

As I say, it’s all about the performance, style of football, and the manor in which we play that’s important to me, if we can’t stay in this league playing attacking entertaining football, then I’d much rather us be plying our trade in a league where we can. Boring, negative, defensive, football is soul destroying, and long term it’s harmful to the football club and it’s match day revenue raising because most casual fans don’t want to watch it, Your pay on the day boys tend to stay away.

Give me a league one promotion season, over a negative defensive championship relegation survival season, any year. You end up with the same reward, the following season in championship. But the former is far more enjoyable than the latter. Anyone who would prefer to watch their team struggle and lose more than they win needs their lump feeling in my opinion, it’s just craziness.

Astute

As I say, it’s all about the performance, style of football, and the manor in which we play that’s important to me, if we can’t stay in this league playing attacking entertaining football, then I’d much rather us be plying our trade in a league where we can. Boring, negative, defensive, football is soul destroying, and long term it’s harmful to the football club and it’s match revenue raising.

Give me a league one promotion season, over a negative defensive championship relegation survival season, any year. You end up with the same reward, the following season in championship. But the former is far more enjoyable than the latter. Anyone who would prefer to watch their team struggle and lose more than they win needs their lump feeling in my opinion, it’s just craziness.
So if you don't win more than you lose you would be happy to be relegated? 🤔

Evo1883

As I say, it’s all about the performance, style of football, and the manor in which we play that’s important to me, if we can’t stay in this league playing attacking entertaining football, then I’d much rather us be plying our trade in a league where we can. Boring, negative, defensive, football is soul destroying, and long term it’s harmful to the football club and it’s match day revenue raising because most casual fans don’t want to watch it, Your pay on the day boys tend to stay away.

the money involved far outweighs the need to entertain... 600k money for being in league 1, between 7 and 10 million depending on sky appearances in the championship... Clubs like us can't afford to lose that

Barnsley

You know who else played negative defensive football? Hitler.

According to the expected goals table, Coventry are most likely to concede, and least likely to score, out of all the teams in the league, surely that’s got to be dreadful to watch, how can any city fan enjoy watching football like that. What the point in being in this league if the price you pay is awful football.

Evo1883

According to the expected goals table, Coventry are most likely to concede, and least likely to score, out of all the teams in the league, surely that’s got to be dreadful to watch, how can any city fan enjoy watching football like that. What the point in being in this league if the price you pay is awful football.
Money... We need the money

First season is about staying up... We then can kick on imo

Astute

In 2018 we were in Division 4. We just scraped the playoffs. You can’t compare Division 4 to now.

One season to find our feet after a quick move through the divisions isn't too much to ask.

Evo1883

In 2018 we were in Division 4. We just scraped the playoffs. You can’t compare Division 4 to now.

One season to find our feet after a quick move through the divisions isn't too much to ask.

Added to the fact our wage bill is arguably the smallest in the league give or take Wycombe... We absolutely need to scrap it out every week to survive.

Our xG would have been quite a bit higher before 4 games ago, now it's bottomed out because of the last 4 matches... But we've picked up more points... What you to do
🤷

Barnsley

Who’s to say you can’t play entertaining attacking football and find your feet.
I’m not saying this lightly I’ve seen us bore our way to survival a time or two, it’s fucking terrible

Evo1883

Who’s to say you can’t play entertaining attacking football and find your feet.
I’m not saying this lightly I’ve seen us bore our way to survival a time or two, it’s fucking terrible

Before 4 matches ago we were pretty damn entertaining... But entertainment didnt get us points ... We weren't far off and in reality are probably 3 players off being able to play that system regularly and playing fluid football whilst winning... But currently we have to try and find a way to win points.. We might go back to playing wing backs and playing more expansive exciting football at some point, but we had to stop a serious rot

You understand this surely as a supporter of a team that in reality, went down if not for a points deduction

Barnsley

Before 4 matches ago we were pretty damn entertaining... But entertainment didnt get us points ... We weren't far off and in reality are probably 3 players off being able to play that system regularly and playing fluid football whilst winning... But currently we have to try and find a way to win points.. We might go back to playing wing backs and playing more expansive exciting football at some point, but we had to stop a serious rot

You understand this surely as a supporter of a team that in reality, went down if not for a points deduction

You’re going out not to lose against the poor teams in the league and having a go against the better ones, doesn’t that seem a bit backwards to you ?.

Evo1883

You’re going out not to lose against the poor teams in the league and having a go against the better ones, doesn’t that seem a bit backwards to you ?.

Well that's not entirely true and I'm not sure where this argument came from..

Before 4 games ago we went out to win every match... Since then we've played well against Norwich(severely deleted Norwich) . That's it..we played a similar system and style against blues Cardiff and Derby

Evo1883

And today it looks like we are playing wing backs... So we are going to try and win the match 🤷

Barnsley

Playing 2 up so I doubt that... When we've played this system we've always looked a threat,.. Just see how we get on defensively

I’m watching the PNE-V- Wycombe game because we play both of them within the next 12 days so hopefully it’ll give me some insight as to what to expect for our games against them, but I’ll be keeping a eye on here and the scores app, I wish you luck against the scrubbers this afternoon and I hope you draw.

Speedies_Chips

Get off our manner! :)

Evo1883

I’m watching the PNE-V- Wycombe game because we play both of them within the next 12 days so hopefully it’ll give me some insight as to what to expect for our games against them, but I’ll be keeping a eye on here and the scores app, I wish you luck against the scrubbers this afternoon and I hope you draw.

giphy.gif

mrtrench

Big game against Wycombe on Wednesday. I predict a high press and an energetic and attractive style from our very own Barnsers. Lots of running and dodging tackles; plenty of excitement. Lots of really good headers and a devil-may-care Blitz spirit from the lads. Little Connor doing tricks and high jinx in and around the penalty box... Play up the Barnsers!

4-0 to Wycombe against the run of play.

Users who are viewing this thread