Bournemouth tickets (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

It's not a good idea when we are averaging 1900

Cap or points based system

People would moan if they missed on a membership too btw
Another potential money spinner for the club too. Money for old rope.

Londonccfcfan

Luckily I've got mine but I know a few who also go to every game home and away that have missed out here. I think the club really ought to have put some sort of priority/points system in place for Luton, This match and maybe the Fulham game depending on allocation as it seems unfair on some of the regulars.

It really is unfair, i know folks who have followed city away since dark times, cant get a ticket.

And i managed to get 2..fully agree.

Londonccfcfan

It's the worst idea possible , like I said, I've missed maybe 5 away games in the league in about 7 years .. somebody like me misses out because I weren't in the queue early enough ?? Nah

Get a points based system
I agree needs to be something in place.

Evo1883

I haven't missed out on Bournemouth, but feel for those who have.

If we could get a system in place that could basically total up away games (midweek away 3 points , Saturday away 1 point )

We'd develop a system over 5 years where the regulars will never miss out .

Let's be honest it's very rare this happens anyway , but could be a problem in the Premier league should we ever get back , demand will be huge as season ticket sales would also be much bigger

Governmac

I suspect the club looks at it from a narrow financial perspective in that the don’t make money away but do at home so use away tickets to incentivise season tickets sales rather than looking from a fan service perspective.

I think you might be right, there's no (monetary) reason for the club to set up some loyalty scheme for away exclusive fans when they don't see any money from the ticket sales.

I'd happily pay £20 at the start of a season to gain priority to away tickets.

Even if it was an hour earlier than season tickets.

They could cap the memberships at a 1000.

That's a decent idea though tbf.

tskezz

on the absolutely no chance of it happening I'll humour you anyway. If anyone is selling any please give us a shout. ST holder been all but 2 aways, ticket master is shite etc. etc. etc.

Dont all offer at once like.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Sorry for the late response, you can buy as many tickets as there are people in your network, you just assign them to the other people. They do have to have the right privileges though, i.e. correct level of ST or membership.

So if you and your boy are both ST holders, you can buy one for you and assign the other to him.
Cheers. Yeah that’s what I thought and had always worked before but when I first tried to get Bournemouth tickets it let me through to book 1 but kept failing when I tried to get 2 together and then it stopped letting me even select one. Oh well, maybe next time (should’ve got myself one and left the lad at home :LOL:)

Tommo1993

Missed out. Bugger.

Mrs was in the queue at ground after giving up online. She got very close to the front and apparently a pair of dickheads skipped the queue, despite complaints from everyone else went straight to the counter and bought 2 of the very last 3. Calamity!!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I suspect the club looks at it from a narrow financial perspective in that the don’t make money away but do at home so use away tickets to incentivise season tickets sales rather than looking from a fan service perspective.

I’d love to see any evidence that a significant number of people buy STs for priority away access.

But if they offered a priority away membership they would make some money from away games. Could make it that you have to have a season ticket to buy an away membership? Bit like Phase One.

shmmeee

But if they offered a priority away membership they would make some money from away games. Could make it that you have to have a season ticket to buy an away membership? Bit like Phase One.

This goes back to my whole “tiered membership” idea and knowing the avatars for different types of supporter. IMO there should be packages for fans like me who never go away but want to watch and go at home and packages for those who go religiously away and everyone in between.

Evo1883

No... well OK let's do it , let's cap it at 2500 like forest 👍 all good then

We can't cap it at 1000 just because 2 matches are just over 1000

Liquid Gold

Luckily I've got mine but I know a few who also go to every game home and away that have missed out here. I think the club really ought to have put some sort of priority/points system in place for Luton, This match and maybe the Fulham game depending on allocation as it seems unfair on some of the regulars.
Thanks for giving me Fulham away anxiety already.

It's never been a problem before, just cos we're big time now. There will be people in that Bournemouth end who never had to watch Peter Vincenti run the line like a baby giraffe at FGR away in the pissing rain and I'm annoyed.

Evo1883

It's never been a problem before, just cos we're big time now. There will be people in that Bournemouth end who never had to watch Peter Vincenti run the line like a baby giraffe at FGR away in the pissing rain and I'm annoyed.
Hahahahhahaha

Grendel

Liquid Gold

Or Lapland (sorry Wycombe) away when we were dying of cold. Morecambe in their non-league ground. Newport was a soaker as well. 300, a loss and being next to the guy that got punched at Exeter. Burge needing a Walsall win for his acca so throwing the game with 2 minutes left. Boxing day at Bristol Rovers with Russell fucking Slade. Getting started on by fans of Shrewsbury of all teams. Pigs on the pitch at Charlton. Cambridge in the cup.

Actually maybe I'm glad I missed out, it's been a hell of a time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No... well OK let's do it , let's cap it at 2500 like forest 👍 all good then

We can't cap it at 1000 just because 2 matches are just over 1000

I didn't say what the cap could or should be. As the allocations will differ game to game those with smaller allocations would have to be advertised on a first-come first-served basis for those with away memberships. Just gives them a better chance of getting a ticket due to less competition. Also only able to buy 1 ticket per membership but can link memberships to buy for others like the current system.

Sky Blue Harry H

Really good idea.

Cap the memberships according to the smallest away allocation that given season.

Ie this season Luton. 1000.

All that would happen is people would be queueing for the 1,000 membership tickets. People would then be moaning about who gets first dibs on acquiring them. I suspect Bournemouth tickets have been hoovered up by players/staff//supporters clubs, etc eating into a good few hundred of the Bournemouth allocation.

tskezz

All that would happen is people would be queueing for the 1,000 membership tickets. People would then be moaning about who gets first dibs on acquiring them. I suspect Bournemouth tickets have been hoovered up by players/staff//supporters clubs, etc eating into a good few hundred of the Bournemouth allocation.
I agree, i dont think the full amount went online today.

Liquid Gold

I just wish they had a counter on there, x tickets available, x in basket, x sold. Same for home games.

Would stop us having to waste two hours refreshing when there are clearly none available and also stop people asking on twitter all day what we've sold.

They would then also have to be honest that there weren't 1,300 tickets for sale on the website.

MCCFCGA

Just want to put it out there that I got a Bournemouth ticket having been to QPR and Blackburn away. Looking forward to it!

Liquid Gold

I don't even mind if there were some held back for supporters clubs but if that's the case then make them official. Have them pay an affiliation fee to the club and be open about how many tickets they are being given.

I'll happily start the Bristol supporters group if I'm guaranteed tickets.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We sold Phase One S/T's and had special memberships with shirts etc. before, and this would not be that much different. Once they're gone they're gone.

If you attend that many away matches then you'd make sure you or a loved one were logged in etc. to get one.

Evo1883

We sold Phase One S/T's and had special memberships with shirts etc. before, and this would not be that much different. Once they're gone they're gone.

If you attend that many away matches then you'd make sure you or a loved one were logged in etc. to get one.

Well no because the phase 1 membership was based on government guidelines due to covid .

The shirt was a reward to fans who had a ST At st Andrews

Grendel

Got mine! First game since Exeter at Wembley for me. Buzzing

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread