Boxing Day (1 Viewer)

theferret

Surprised the club have been so quiet about this approaching a sell out. Not along ago we'd celebrate the opening of a block. You know that when it does sell out there will be loads complaining they had no idea.

Perhaps there are still a few to be released.

Frank Sidebottom

Yep, it's very common in the PL. Hence why you never see an empty seat at top stadiums.

Most clubs allow you to sell your seat at the going price.

Even Orient have a scheme, but only when it's close to a sell out. You get £15 back off your next ST
We'd probably be offered a £5 food and drink voucher for the next game when you spend £30.

SkyBlueSoul

Holy shit. Makes it even more incredible that the club haven't said anything. I think this goes to show there is literally no plan in place on any level for the ground selling out for a standard game. We were getting fairly frequent updates for the Boro game I seem to remember.

MalcSB

Holy shit. Makes it even more incredible that the club haven't said anything. I think this goes to show there is literally no plan in place on any level for the ground selling out for a standard game. We were getting fairly frequent updates for the Boro game I seem to remember.
Isn't the plan to keep opening blocks in turn until all the seats in those blocks are sold? Is that entirely unreasonable?

theferret

Isn't the plan to keep opening blocks in turn until all the seats in those blocks are sold? Is that entirely unreasonable?

That's fine of course, but given block 13 will be last block they can release, it's surprising the club haven't said anything. Ultimately the amount of tickets available doesn't change, but I bet there are lots out there who are oblivious are who are planning to pay on the gate.

SkyBlueSoul

It looks like it is, but I think the lack of communication makes it somewhat unreasonable. A few people on here have bought tickets for themselves/friends/relatives that are dotted around because that's all that was left...then found out another block has opened a day or two later with no warning.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

It looks like it is, but I think the lack of communication makes it somewhat unreasonable. A few people on here have bought tickets for themselves/friends/relatives that are dotted around because that's all that was left...then found out another block has opened a day or two later with no warning.
Like I've said previously all blocks should be opened up straight away. I sure when you by a single ticket that is all the system shows you. The people who purchased their tickets early and are dotted around have been treated badly.They should explain their situation to the T/O and ask if something can be done.I know this extra work for them but if they were all released together this wouldn't happen.

bigfatronssba

If they keep holding back blocks like this it will affect ticket sales.
People who want to get in block 13 will hold off buying a ticket in future as they’ll wait for it to be opened.

They should’ve just given Sheffield Wednesday the remaining 500 or so in the away end now.

Covcraig@bury

Like I've said previously all blocks should be opened up straight away. I sure when you by a single ticket that is all the system shows you. The people who purchased their tickets early and are dotted around have been treated badly.They should explain their situation to the T/O and ask if something can be done.I know this extra work for them but if they were all released together this wouldn't happen.
They’re not the brightest of people in the T/O . Stealing a living if you ask me 🤔

bigfatronssba

Swansea looking like it'll sell out as well unless we absolutely sh*t the bed vs. Sheff Weds.

Leicester game will almost certainly sell out as well

MalcSB

I think it’s a bit of a tricky one. I don know at what point a game can be a guaranteed sell out. Opening everything at once could mean that multiple blocks aren’t full which will almost certainly mean that costs are maximised.

In relation to POTG, do we know for definite that no blocks/ rows have been held back?

Captain_Slackbladder

One issue you have with opening up seats like block 13 late on is it would be the only seats you can buy together. A family with young kids who have made a decision to go late on could unwittingly find themselves stuck between the city lads and the Sheff Weds lads. Could be an unpleasant experience for young kids

bigfatronssba

One issue you have with opening up seats like block 13 late on is it would be the only seats you can buy together. A family with young kids who have made a decision to go late on could unwittingly find themselves stuck between the city lads and the Sheff Weds lads. Could be an unpleasant experience for young kids

Agree, but what might be the saving grace is that its Sheff Wed, who we have no beef with.

I don't see it being a particularly hostile atmosphere

pusbccfc

Swansea will only bring around 1K. I think 25K is best we can hope for.

It's £24, a Friday night and many people are off work/school. It should be a good crowd.

pusbccfc

I've seen this mentioned a few times. I really don't think the people in Block 13 will be families. These been quite a few batches of tickets available in the last few days.

People will be aware of what it's like up there.

napolimp

I thought last time it was opened it specified adults only.

Users who are viewing this thread