Bradford match thread (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

...and some Bradford views:

What a bizarre debut - two goals for a defender (a huge, huge unit) and some good touches on occasion - but ultimately, he gave away the most needless penalty I've seen in a long, long time, couldn't beat Hanson in the air, and produced two or three comedy moments.

If Coventry are genuinely looking at Rede as a yardstick of their season, they're in for a very entertaining roller coaster ride, probably seeing them in the bottom six.

They looked pretty ropey at the back last season and clearly it hasn't improved. I can see them struggling both ends as their strikers were largely ineffective too, bit of a surprise really as PP said in the pulse interview they've recruited a fair few championship standard players. Maybe they'll take time to gel so playing them this early is a good thing, rather like Brentford last season

Some interesting scenes from the cov fans. They seemed to be under the impression they had won the fa cup when they equalised, kept chanting about the worst player on the pitch (johnson), throw numerous missiles at their own keeper, after we scored the winner decide to get ejected.

Last season Coventry placed a fast paced passing game with lots of through balls. This year they looked toothless upfront and the defence seemed to be lacking focus. I can't say I noticed Tudgay? In any case I think coventry will still do ok but really lacking that cutting edge from last year, I fear a step backwards?

saltaire bantam

We were the better team (surprisingly) and deserved the win, just. As I said our defence is good, loan keeper was poo and gifted you 1, maybe 2, goals. Our other positive is Hanson, SP made a huge error by letting him avoid Johnson and play on your back line weak link, he should have used Johnson to man mark big James.

1406 from Coventry I believe.

shmmeee

Coventry city of old should be in the premier league or at worst, top 10 of Championship but we haven't been that coventry city for so long. People really have to open their eyes. We are not as big as we were. We could be again but we are no where near getting that back. The one thing we had that took the club to another level though, was the Ricoh. Regardless of today, we have to get back to the Ricoh and make some money infront of ok to decent crowds. Then the team can get better.

Coventry City of 2012 was too big for League One.

Saying that isn't the same as saying were a Prem team. The facts back it up, we were one of the biggest fanbases in the division. If spent properly that should ensure you're a promotion challenger.

Instead we went to Northampton chasing pies. FFS.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
...and some Bradford views:

What a bizarre debut - two goals for a defender (a huge, huge unit) and some good touches on occasion - but ultimately, he gave away the most needless penalty I've seen in a long, long time, couldn't beat Hanson in the air, and produced two or three comedy moments.

If Coventry are genuinely looking at Rede as a yardstick of their season, they're in for a very entertaining roller coaster ride, probably seeing them in the bottom six.

They looked pretty ropey at the back last season and clearly it hasn't improved. I can see them struggling both ends as their strikers were largely ineffective too, bit of a surprise really as PP said in the pulse interview they've recruited a fair few championship standard players. Maybe they'll take time to gel so playing them this early is a good thing, rather like Brentford last season

Some interesting scenes from the cov fans. They seemed to be under the impression they had won the fa cup when they equalised, kept chanting about the worst player on the pitch (johnson), throw numerous missiles at their own keeper, after we scored the winner decide to get ejected.

Last season Coventry placed a fast paced passing game with lots of through balls. This year they looked toothless upfront and the defence seemed to be lacking focus. I can't say I noticed Tudgay? In any case I think coventry will still do ok but really lacking that cutting edge from last year, I fear a step backwards?

Not sure how the Bradford fan towards the bottom can say Johnson was the worst player on the pitch.

Yes, he made himself look a bit daft at one point, pulling the ball back past an opposing player, only to then give the ball away easily, but he was no where near being the worst player on the pitch

Greggs

Offered us more than Tudgay. Held the ball up much better, always looking for the ball, showed frustration at his team mates.

Yep, he was "fucking useless" :facepalm:

Showed frustration at his team mates...is this a positive?

Held up the ball? Yeah for a second or two, before gifting back to them.

Always looking for the ball.....bullshit, fair enough 50 yards out, but never in the final 20 did he look like he wanted it.

BUT, he ran around a lot....... :facepalm::facepalm:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Showed frustration at his team mates...is this a positive?

Held up the ball? Yeah for a second or two, before gifting back to them.

Always looking for the ball.....bullshit, fair enough 50 yards out, but never in the final 20 did he look like he wanted it.

BUT, he ran around a lot....... :facepalm::facepalm:

The frustration part is surely a positive? He couldn't do it all on his own, and I think the only reason he kept going out wide was because he couldn't go anywhere else! And there wasn't much support, least not in front of him, hence him always having to go backwards.

Don't think he linked up well with Tudgay, and one of them will be rested on Wednesday for Miller I reckon.

shmmeee

If the club are serious about getting back into the championship and getting in the play offs then I feel we need to make a quality addition in these positions

youre_serious_futurama.gif

woody11462

Was a penalty, clear as day, when the ball comes in the box, all eyes always go to Hanson. Your lad was grappling him in an acre of space, it was too obvious not to give.

I'm sorry but if you've watched Hanson like you say you have then you know as soon as that long flighted ball is played to him he puts his arms on the defender and starts fouling himself. Don't get me wrong, he's very good at what he does and is very effective. He released the defender to stop fouling in this instance and when the ref turns and sees Johnson then has his hands all over Hanson he is gonna give the penalty. If I know what he is going to do every time the ball comes to him then surely our defence should know and should deal with it better. He's a clever player and gets some decisions this way but I wouldn't call it clear as day.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just watched the goals back. Definitely poor defending in the lead up to both headers (both from our left hand side) with Pugh having little support or when he did no helping challenges made.

For the penalty, Hanson knew what he was doing. Shame the same can't be said about the ref.

Reda was holding Hanson, but Hanson was giving as good as he got, and knew sometimes it comes off if you stand appealing for everything.

woody11462

Just watched the goals back. Definitely poor defending in the lead up to both headers (both from our left hand side) with Pugh having little support or when he did no helping challenges made.

For the penalty, Hanson knew what he was doing. Shame the same can't be said about the ref.

Reda was holding Hanson, but Hanson was giving as good as he got, and knew sometimes it comes off if you stand appealing for everything.

That's what I mean SW, Hanson is very good at doing what he does, we used to have Dublin that did similar so I'm not complaining but at the material time when the ref looks, Hanson stops fouling so the ref can only give what he sees when he turns but he should be glancing over at them two before the corner is taken as it was only going in one place. Johnson got lured in to commiting the foul.

Hobo

That's what I mean SW, Hanson is very good at doing what he does, we used to have Dublin that did similar so I'm not complaining but at the material time when the ref looks, Hanson stops fouling so the ref can only give what he sees when he turns but he should be glancing over at them two before the corner is taken as it was only going in one place. Johnson got lured in to commiting the foul.

We also had Richard Shaw who wasn't called the 'limpit' for nothing. Very good at letting go and showing his hands when the ref was looking. As soon as the ref looked away it was back to wrestling the opponent.

Was a penalty, clear as day, when the ball comes in the box, all eyes always go to Hanson. Your lad was grappling him in an acre of space, it was too obvious not to give.
Reda Johnson gave back what Hanson did to him,reda has Hanson pushing him down and so reda grabs Hanson's waist,and then the ref gives a penalty as he has been bought by the oafs appealing for a very underserved penalty,referee was very gullible and it was no way clear as it isn't a penalty simple !!! #PUSB !!!

mark82

Only seen it on tv but looked soft. Was more Hanson all over Johnson. Typical home side decision to be honest. If it was the reverse fixture the Coventry one may have been given and the Bradford one not.

Sky Blue Harry H

Salty - as Legia are challenging Celtic to a one-off match in the hope they can re-claim their Champions league spot, and in the spirit of peace between our 2 clubs and due to the penalty controversies, could you ask Phil Parkinson if you would agree to replay the game (preferably when Hansen is injured) and let this bloke I know called Wingy referee it (straight as a die mate;))

J

Jack Griffin

Salty - as Legia are challenging Celtic to a one-off match in the hope they can re-claim their Champions league spot, and in the spirit of peace between our 2 clubs and due to the penalty controversies, could you ask Phil Parkinson if you would agree to replay the game (preferably when Hansen is injured) and let this bloke I know called Wingy referee it (straight as a die mate;))

Legia have got as much chance of Celtic agreeing to that as a whale has of climbing a mountain.

SlowerThanPlatt

Just watched the highlights. Clarke should have done far better with his chance and O'Brien should have scored from that position really.

LB87ccfc

Some right fucking moaners on here, McQ offered alot more than Tudgay did , Tudgay did not want it at all.

Also got annoyed with no one running around offering options when he had the ball, so had to come deeper and deeper, i liked he got angry even though a loan player.

We need a physical presence up front, Zoko? , but Bradford hoofball is wonderful to watch, hoof to hanson, hoof to hanson, wow great football.

Users who are viewing this thread