Brazil v Germany (1 Viewer)

DaleM

PSG want to find the receipt and get there money back quick . 50 million for Luiz . Fucking garbage .

Otis

I don't think so Otis. I think we have just seen what good movement can do to a not very good defence.

Not very good? That has to be the understatement of the year.

This was a Brazilian team, playing in Brazil, in a world cup semi final and they weren't trying, weren't marking, weren't tackling and didn't even look remotely bothered.

As Juninho said at half time, it was like a training game with the players passing the ball to their mates without a tackle.

martcov

Only saw the second half - was working. I thought there was a typing mistake with 0 -5. Walk over. Never seen that in a world cup semi. Thank god I'm not in Germany at the moment...........

J

Jack Griffin

Danny Baker ‏@prodnose 25m

Incredible. Against all the odds this World Cup will now not be mainly remembered for Luis Suarez biting someone.

SlowerThanPlatt

I remember telling my dad about being scared shitless with the Rivaldo's, Ronaldo's, Roberto Carlos' and Ronaldinho's. Then he said, you've never seen the ones that came before that. The current crop don't even compare.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry, but one word keeps coming into my head.

Fix! Can't be surely can it?

Wonder if anyone anywhere has had a bet on a 0-7 scoreline. :thinking about:

No. But I had a £50 bet on a 1-7 scorline with Brazil getting one in the 90th minute! I was sooooo close! 500/1

Brighton Sky Blue

Brazil seemed far too caught up in the emotional side of things whereas Germany were caught up in trying to win a football match.

SkyBlueSid

I'm sure that City took the Brazil colours as their away kit hoping some Brazilian flair would rub off.

It seems to have backfired as some of City's defending certainly rubbed off on Brazil tonight.

turlykerd

Very cunning I know but you've got to hand it to them. Brazil's pre-match crying contest was a noble strategy nevertheless.

evidently they had a sports psychologist with them too, but all theyve done is cry through the whole tournament. he must be the shittest sports psychologist ever, .....

yeah guys....just let it all out like a bunch of girls..the whole country will love that..and we want you crying like a baby that just stubbed its toe, just before the biggest match of your lives....
it can only end well ???

ive even seen zico and other greats complaining about that on espn here.

anyway.....youve all got something to cry about now so go waaaaaaaa off you bunch of nonces

Otis

Just watched the goals again this morning on BBC Breakfast and it really does play out like a easy going play about training session, all at a mere jog.

Yes, Germany did look brilliant, but it was Brazil who made them look brilliant. To say the Brazilian performance was even half-hearted would be a great overstatement.

And I just don't get David Luis. Crying like a baby after the game like it really mattered, but played the match like he didn't give a toss at all. Strolled about the park, didn't mark, shyed away from tackles and couldn't be arsed to even track back.

Shocking.

Houchens Head

David Luiz was the worst player on the pitch IMO. As Otis said, he looked like he just didn't give a toss. His marking was schoolboy-like. He hadn't got a clue. And then crying like a baby afterwards? WTF?

Last edited:

Otis

And as I say, I don't get this 'brilliant, outstanding' Germany thing.

If your opposition plays that badly then I think almost any team would look like world beaters. At times it was almost like Germany didn't even have to put in any effort whatsoever to get the ball into the net, they merely walked it in.

If no-one marks you and no-one tracks you and you don't even put in a proper tackle, the whole game becomes easy for you as a side. Germany didn't even have to break sweat, they really didn't.

I can't recall ever seeing a game like it. It really was played out like a training session. And this was a world cup semi-final. It's a real headshaker.

Houchens Head

It smacks of a match fix (don't worry Nick, that's only MY opinion!), but the scoreline was far too ridiculous! ............ or was it? :thinking about: :pimp:

Otis

It smacks of a match fix (don't worry Nick, that's only MY opinion!), but the scoreline was far too ridiculous! ............ or was it? :thinking about: :pimp:

Well that's how I felt during the game. I was in total conflict with myself. I was watching and kept saying to myself 'this must be fixed, but it can't be surely. It's a world cup semi-final.'

The game just looked fixed. Can't believe it was, but it appeared that way as the game went on. There was a total lack of effort on behalf of the Brazilian team. A non existent effort. Players pulling out of tackles and strolling round the park.

Surely can't have been fixed though, not with the eyes of the entrie world looking on.

Paxman II

I can't defend David Louis defending but he did stride forward on many occasions and made some telling through balls but the Brazil side, like Spain v Holland before them were shaken when the second goal went in. The expectation was high but the realisation created a collapse of the team. Germany were good yes but Brazil simply capitulated all too easily. they are not a very good team and once their world cup was over at 4 nil they gave up.

Grendel

And as I say, I don't get this 'brilliant, outstanding' Germany thing.

If your opposition plays that badly then I think almost any team would look like world beaters. At times it was almost like Germany didn't even have to put in any effort whatsoever to get the ball into the net, they merely walked it in.

If no-one marks you and no-one tracks you and you don't even put in a proper tackle, the whole game becomes easy for you as a side. Germany didn't even have to break sweat, they really didn't.

I can't recall ever seeing a game like it. It really was played out like a training session. And this was a world cup semi-final. It's a real headshaker.

The brazil team was very poor all through the tournament. Germany knew once they scored a second the team would disintegrate under the pressure and had to be extinguished quickly. If it was England as soon as they went one up they would have become protective of the lead. Germany flooded players forward getting 5 or 6 in the box.

Germany deserve huge credit - they did their homework and flattened them.

Otis

Germany themselves haven't been that good in this tournament.

USA gave them a really good game, as did Ghana and then in the knockout phases both Algeria and France could have beaten them. Despite seemingly having a really good squad, this German team hasn't looked as good as in previous tournaments.

If Argentina win tonight I fancy them to win the whole thing. Think if it's a Germany v Holland final the Germans will be victorious, but I think an Argentina v Germany final will result in a victory for the Argentines.

Holland will be much more expansive and I think that will suit this German team right down to the ground.

turlykerd

I remember telling my dad about being scared shitless with the Rivaldo's, Ronaldo's, Roberto Carlos' and Ronaldinho's. Then he said, you've never seen the ones that came before that. The current crop don't even compare.

if he was seeing double im not surprised he was scared shitless

Just watched the goals again this morning on BBC Breakfast and it really does play out like a easy going play about training session, all at a mere jog.

Yes, Germany did look brilliant, but it was Brazil who made them look brilliant. To say the Brazilian performance was even half-hearted would be a great overstatement.

And I just don't get David Luis. Crying like a baby after the game like it really mattered, but played the match like he didn't give a toss at all. Strolled about the park, didn't mark, shyed away from tackles and couldn't be arsed to even track back.

Shocking.

i think that david luiz was too busy adjusting his tampon, fixing his panties and looking for his pacifier to remember to mark or defend....this is why he needs tiago silva next to him, because thats what he does.
i know tiago is called an excellent organizer but i didnt realise he's luis's PA too

Users who are viewing this thread