Match Thread Bristol City V Coventry City (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

giphy.gif

Sick Boy

'On Paper' I would expect a win!
Please don't big up these average sides. We may win, lose or draw the first few fixtures. What is important to see is how we win,lose or draw that will be the key indicator. I think our squad is strong in depth and a few surprises will come from within. We play a lot of posession football and with that you can't lose too many.
Wow, just wow.

Sick Boy

Did you get out of a different side of bed Gibbo? The other day you 'liked' a post from Sick Boy who said we were in for a shock this season and predicted a 4-1 defeat. I prefer your positive side, mate!
Haha i think we’ll just about survive, it was aimed at those who are majorly underestimating the gulf between League 1 - having people on this thread call a side like Bristol City ‘average’ is just embarrassing.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Would be very happy with a draw here so with shades of 1977, I'm going for 2-2 @ 12/1.

Tommo1993

Had a dream that we won 1-0, scored a rebound from a long shot from about 10 yards. Who scored it? Junior Brown, so I don’t know what to believe.

I’m going 2-0 to Bristol C. Two nuffin!

lord_garrincha

Considering

a) He was our top scorer in our championship winning season; and
b) In our last 4 league games, we scored 5 and Matty got 4 of them.

You would think it's not difficult to work out our main goal threat?!!

mark82

Considering

a) He was our top scorer in our championship winning season; and
b) In our last 4 league games, we scored 5 and Matty got 4 of them.

You would think it's not difficult to work out our main goal threat?!!

It's like they've just picked random names and thrown a price on it.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I reckon either a 2-2 or maybe 2-1(cov win)
It will be a really tight one considering what people think of the league next season as they have put us two teams in the same sort of level or it could be a nothing game and end 0-0 who knows

Skyblueweeman

Haha i think we’ll just about survive, it was aimed at those who are majorly underestimating the gulf between League 1 - having people on this thread call a side like Bristol City ‘average’ is just embarrassing.

I know that wasn't aimed at me as I've not said they're average, just not Barcelona.

I also think we've got the best squad we've had in years with the best manager we've had in decades and will therefore surprise a few.

If we lose today, I won't change that view (unless we get thumped 8-0!).

Liquid Gold

I know that wasn't aimed at me as I've not said they're average, just not Barcelona.

I also think we've got the best squad we've had in years with the best manager we've had in decades and will therefore surprise a few.

If we lose today, I won't change that view (unless we get thumped 8-0!).
If we're not 5-0 up in the first 30 seconds I'm ringing Allens Taxi's Covertry 76 55 55 55 you dial we'll drive (some things you never forget)

Great_Expectations

Mixture of pessimism, pragmatism and optimism on here. I’m definitely somewhere in the middle of the latter two.

Little bit too much fear being shown in my view, especially as some of which is based around the theory the gulf between Championship and L1 is massive and Bristol have signed players worth a lot of money, so they’re automatically a stronger team. There are examples across football that could be used to counter both points (especially the second one).

Granted Bristol are an established Championship team and have a number of good players, but we also have a number of good players, we have momentum, confidence and team cohesion from last season. I know Bristol don’t have the last element yet.

Let’s be confident and enjoy the day, it’s a shame we can’t watch it in person but I’m sure we’ll all be tuned into iFollow supporting the club in the best way we can. I also won’t miss idiotic ‘get it forward’ chants, albeit Oggy might as well shout that everytime Marosi has the ball.

2-1 City, Godden, O’Hare (and Paterson for them).

Marosi
Ostigard McFadzean Hyam
Pask Kelly Hamer Giles
O’Hare Allen
Godden

Wilson, Mason, Eccles, Shipley, Bapaga, Walker, Bakayoko

The massive flaw in the team is Dabo, especially as Pask isn’t a RWB. I’d have liked Burroughs to play there but I think MR will go with Pask.

Have a few ales and enjoy the day - we absolutely deserve it.

PVA

They are average in championship terms, maybe even below average.

Obviously they are better than us. But in the grand scheme of these league, they are very average.

Users who are viewing this thread