Bristol City (1 Viewer)

superskyblue

Bristol City have sacked Derek McInnes. I know that they were heavily linked with Robins before they appointed McInnes, so would be amazed if he wasn't top of their shortlist now.

Moe-Lask

He's just admitted that Cov are now in his Blood so I'd be amazed if he was to leave us! Plus Bristol would have to buy him out of his contract and I can't imagine them being able to do that!

Doesn't surprise me that McInnes has gone as he's been living on borrowed time for some while.

As for Robins going there, too much rebuilding required me thinks.

Snozz_is_god

No surprise, the bookies 'Sky Bet' have made Robins the early favorite. I guess we are going to get this every time a manager gets sacked now.

In football it's dog eat dog, but I think we're safe with Robins for a while yet.

sky_blue_up_north

None of those jobs would be considered as bigger than the one he has with us.

Last edited:

ohitsaidwalker king power

I cant see him leaving for Bristol(with respect) and would be disappointed in him if he did, Bristol or Blackpool for that matter. Championship side they both might be... but our potential outweighs theirs- (admittedly my Sky Blue glasses perhaps impair my judgement). If he left for a bigger club then fair play... but Bristol?.... n'er cant see it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Brizzle stayed up courtesy to our own incompetence and Pompey's finances. They have been in decline for ages and it'd be a poor move.

wingy

They spent circa £25M. to preserve their Championship status last seasonIIRC ,£14M. of that was loss,the game is insane.

dongonzalos

I think the bookies make him favourite every time, as nationally we are known as a club that is that skint it can't pay it's rent and is on the verge of either getting closed down or kicked out of its ground.

I know most of that is tosh.

However when we are talked about in national media it always gets a mention.

SISU do the deal. Make us look like the sleeping giant we are, most the speculation regarding Robins and clubs smaller than us will go away

Mucca Mad Boys

Going to Brizzle City is too big a risk for MR, especially when he is confident of us getting promoted and possibly a trip to Wembley in the JPT Final.

ajsccfc

I'd hope that whatever job he's linked with, it's far too soon for his head to be turned. A manager that frits between suitors every couple of months wouldn't help his own reputation.

BurbageSkyBlues

Personally not worried. IMO, Robins is a top gent, and he is relishing the opportunity here.

The impression that I get, is he feels he can achieve a great deal at CCFC, it is his opportunity to pove that he can work within the means, and still deliver results, as well as reviving a (relative) sleeping giant.

When he has proven his ability here, with some achievements such as promotion with attractive football, THEN will be the time to worry, for bigger fish will definitely come looking .

Just my opinion...

LJC_CCFC

I wouldn't be surprised if Bristol went for the man that got them to where they are now, Gary Johnson who is doing a cracking job at Yeovil.

Mr T - Sukka!

If Mark Robins leaves i believe only a Premier League club would tempt him away. It would be too big opptuinity to turn down.

And yes i think he has the talent to manage at the highest level.

SkyBlueUkeman

Yeah, Brizzle could very well have been relegated last season if it wasn't for our complete incompetance. Having said that, they so have quite a good squad and I never really rated McInnes anyway.

I knew Robins wasn't going to take th pe Doncaster job, but the Blackpool and Bristol City vacancies? I'm a tad worried about them.

PLEASE STAY ROBINS!!!

Astute

Robins won't be going anywhere yet.

In management you are only as good as your last job. Although he has done OK in the past he has done nothing special. He is doing well at our club, but he hasn't done anything yet.

If we were to win the tinpot and also get promotion the big clubs would become interested. He would have taken a club from near the bottom of the table to the next level. Even winning the tinpot and reaching the playoffs would be an achievement. If he left us to go to a club that got relegated his CV wouldn't look very good. He seems an intelligent bloke.

What manager would want to leave a club which is looking towards a Wembley visit and getting close to a chance of promotion where the fans adore him and the players look up to just to join a relegation battle in the division above? He will know he could end up below where he is now with the fans not liking him for being the manager when they went down. All a non story for me.

D

Deleted member 4439

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Mark...City-manager/story-17839539-detail/story.html

Mark Robins has emerged as a 3/1 favourite to become Bristol City's next manager.

The Championship strugglers are seeking their third boss in 15 months following the decision to sake Derek McInnes in the wake of Saturday's dismal 4-0 home defeat at the hands of Leicester City.

And bookmakers have installed the man McInnes beat to land the job in October 2011 at the top of the betting.

Robins was interviewed for the Ashton Gate vacancy last season and was the favoured candidate of club owner Steve Lansdown. But other directors carried the day and McInnes was appointed instead.

Robins has since taken over as manager of Coventry City and is currently leading a Sky Blues revival in League One.

But as the appointment of Michael Appleton at Blackburn has shown, managers can always be persuaded to move on to bigger and better things.

:facepalm:

Astute

But as the appointment of Michael Appleton at Blackburn has shown, managers can always be persuaded to move on to bigger and better things.

But not on to smaller things like from Cov to Brizzle :p

rupert_bear

A lot depends what's going on behind the scenes here and i believe there are plenty of "going ons" I doubt Robins would go mid season but he will have a value and we know SISUs approach when it comes to a quick buck. that is the worry. Reality bites doesn't it as to where we now are, vunarable to so called bigger clubs everytime they need a new manager, we know Bristol City or Blackpool aren't "bigger" but the longer we languish in this division the smaller we become.

Users who are viewing this thread