Bristol City (3 Viewers)

Astute

A lot depends what's going on behind the scenes here and i believe there are plenty of "going ons" I doubt Robins would go mid season but he will have a value and we know SISUs approach when it comes to a quick buck. that is the worry. Reality bites doesn't it as to where we now are, vunarable to so called bigger clubs everytime they need a new manager, we know Bristol City or Blackpool aren't "bigger" but the longer we languish in this division the smaller we become.

They did the taking the quick buck. It got us relegated in the end. They have invested in our squad this season......and before anyone says anything in wages and big squad. They also have found out how hard it is to get a manager that can bring success. They are after promotion now to try and get some money back. Why would they want to get rid of the manager when he has brought good results to our club and a chance of a Wembley visit?

torchomatic

And their nickname is? It's written in the stars...

He ain't going anywhere.

Diehard Si

He doesn't strike me as the sort of personality to risk the damage of jumping ship after 3 months for a slightly better offer. I don't even consider Bristol to be a better offer. They are a downward spiraling club, as we were. But he's done the hard work in stopping that here and has a chance to reap the rewards.

If he gets us promoted, then why leave for another champ club. A promoted club is going to hit the season running.

I think he will only leave if things turn sour with SISU. If they start selling the core of his team over his head.

I think he's a man that will honour his contract, as long as he believes the owners are honouring their promises.

rupert_bear

They did the taking the quick buck. It got us relegated in the end. They have invested in our squad this season......and before anyone says anything in wages and big squad. They also have found out how hard it is to get a manager that can bring success. They are after promotion now to try and get some money back. Why would they want to get rid of the manager when he has brought good results to our club and a chance of a Wembley visit?
The way of doing that is offering a new improved contract, good for the club, fans and players and would show the intent you believe SISU have in their choice of manager and fend off the sharks who will circle us everytime they are on the look out for a new manager.

CJparker

The only reason I can think that MR is being linked to Bristol is that their nickname is 'the Robins' :p

torchomatic

Do you mention the rent in every post regardless of topic?

They think we are skint and on the verge of collapse

We are not, so the deal on the rent. Smaller clubs will stop been do cheeky

stupot07

They think we are skint and on the verge of collapse

We are not, so the deal on the rent. Smaller clubs will stop been do cheeky

But it's only opposition fans, their boards and owners know far more about the inner working of our club than we do.

dongonzalos

But it's only opposition fans, their boards and owners know far more about the inner working of our club than we do.

I agree it is just the fans, the bookies and the national media.

It's speculation we could do without.

It will get to the point that he will be linked with every job.

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree it is just the fans, the bookies and the national media.

It's speculation we could do without.

It will get to the point that he will be linked with every job.

That means he's doing a good job. I think he won't go to Brizzle, Blackpool, not sure if they'd want him and if they did, could they pay compensation? I don't know, I wonder if MR would even be interested in them.

Users who are viewing this thread