Broadband/dongles/short term fixes (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yeah you can get actual Wifi Routers that the sim goes into.

Amazon.co.uk : 4G Wifi Router

It depends on how good you need the signal to be as to how mad you go with spending.

I can't remember which I used but I had one for about £50 and it was fine in the same room.
Fab. It would pretty much just be the one room and around £50-£60 sounds fine.👍

Nick

Administrator
Yeah you just whack the sim in and it does the same as a hotspot really but a bit better.

Kneeza

FWIW (prob not much) I have a Huawei router in my moho, with a small aerial on the roof, which provides a surprising amount of gain, and the router has an EE sim in, which the dragon tops up regularly from her EE unlimited account.
Works well, and I never seem to be short of a good enough signal for Netflix, YouTube, Prime etc.
Currently sending this from a car park in the middle of nowhere just north of the Austrian border...
I'm sure something similar would work well for you.

wingy

FWIW (prob not much) I have a Huawei router in my moho, with a small aerial on the roof, which provides a surprising amount of gain, and the router has an EE sim in, which the dragon tops up regularly from her EE unlimited account.
Works well, and I never seem to be short of a good enough signal for Netflix, YouTube, Prime etc.
Currently sending this from a car park in the middle of nowhere just north of the Austrian border...
I'm sure something similar would work well for you.
Chinky tosh,must be illegal now surely.😊

Users who are viewing this thread