'Browns' in Cov City Centre (2 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just had this on my Facebook account! They are pure WANKERS!!!!

I would like to bring the following to everyone’s attention: Yesterday ‘Browns Bar’ in Coventry refused to serve a group of grieving soldiers, because they were wearing their military uniform, on the day they were burying a brother at Coventry Cathedral. Truly disgusting..COV PEOPLE, SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED CASH SOMEWHERE MORE DESERVING THEN THIS PLACE!! ..please share

529624_3397797749411_1050384378_n.jpg

sweeno70

Complete bunch of tossers,always have been,this just really sums the place up,the door staff are thugs and the owner is a cock !!!!!

ajsccfc

I've never been turned away that I can remember, I've heard about it being a completely random thing. I've never seen it full, so it's an odd policy.

That Facebook group has a bit too much rabble rousing about it which may undermine a legitimate protest. People behind it have had to ask for calm already.

Walking Bird

I could be wrong but the uniform thing is if your on duty.

Houchens Head

Isn't there laws around serving alcohol to people in uniform?

No such law! A fallacy! If it applies to anyone, then maybe the police, if they're on duty. I often wore my uniform when on home leave and went in many pubs.

SBS

I heard they were only after tea and coffee anyway, thats off the grapevine though. Disgraceful either way.

Matt-Westwood

Isn't there laws around serving alcohol to people in uniform?

As a serving soldier and a friend of cpl Thacker the soldiers in question were the bearers one of which was cpl mike thackers brother and doing rehersals for the funeral a few hours before it started they were not asking for alcohol or causing trouble they were after a hot drink and told to leave because they were wearing uniform !!

Sub

complete joke and disgrace how troops in this country are treated after giving their life for queen and country hope everybody bycotts browns, they are just one of many places who treat our troops like this in this country !!!!!!!

Covstu

As a serving soldier and a friend of cpl Thacker the soldiers in question were the bearers one of which was cpl mike thackers brother and doing rehersals for the funeral a few hours before it started they were not asking for alcohol or causing trouble they were after a hot drink and told to leave because they were wearing uniform !!

Don't take offense mr matt Westwood, I just heard the rumour not agreeing with it. Most of my family are soldiers so I totally get it, personally not had an issue with browns but many people have!

The place has a habit of turning away groups of lads that are about 25-30 regardless of what they're wearing. It's shocking if the reason they were turned away was for wearing uniform, but is it possible that they would have been turned away anyway, and it just happened that they were in uniform and the latter is the reason that's transpired through chinese whispers?

ajsccfc

Serious? Woah, I thought it was just some angry people on Facebook at first, not that it'd go national.

ccfctommy

The owner has said that if he was there himself the soldiers would have got served. he mentioned that they have a no uniforms policy though.

He has apparently apologised to the widow of the deceased and she has apparently accepted it. Bad PR for Browns though.

CUS, I dont think Police Officers could order drinks in full work uniform.

CUS Wyken

The owner has said that if he was there himself the soldiers would have got served. he mentioned that they have a no uniforms policy though.

He has apparently apologised to the widow of the deceased and she has apparently accepted it. Bad PR for Browns though.

CUS, I dont think Police Officers could order drinks in full work uniform.

The owner is trying cover his back... too late, damage is already done.

As for police officers, serving Alcohol beverages i understand but for a coffee and a bite to eat? You seen Coppers in uniform in cafes, McDonalds etc...

Nick

Administrator

They have a "whoever we can be bothered to let in" policy. I don't see how they make any money!

Steve.B50

Browns has always been the same, I have been refused entry many times, probably because I am a big shaven headed chap, but even when I was younger and Browns was on the Upper Priecent they were far to picky who they let in.
Its aimed at the Student types or those who have arses up own backsides.

Never been in (never allowed) and will never try again.

Covstu

Impressive that there is 70k in the group just shows the power of social media but don't condone the threats to staff or the even the eejit himself. He apologised the damage has been done and no one will go in there if they arebserious about boycotting. Let's leave it there!

ajsccfc

That's the problem with these things. The people involved may all have found resolution but things like Facebook and Twitter create monsters that snowball and you get idiots latching on and letting down the people who would have had good intentions in highlighting the issue in the first place.

covkid

I have only known it as a public toilet ( from my younger days , many moons ago )... just goes to show it will always be full of arsesoles and dicks. The management need to be forced to close the place after, this lastest insult to our fine Citys name :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

B

Bobby Firenze

This lastest insult to our fine Citys name?

Mate, Cov is a shithole. It is not a fine city. I was born and brought up in Aldermoor.

Travel a bit.

Houchens Head

Serious? Woah, I thought it was just some angry people on Facebook at first, not that it'd go national.

National?? It's gone INTERnational! People from all over the world are leaving coments on facebook! Brilliant!! :) Clear this scum and his Daughter of Darkness out!

ajsccfc

It's turned into a fairly nasty witchhunt now independent of the original issue, which is unfortunate.

Yorkshire SB

They have a no uniform policy which is common is many bars/cafes around the country..obviously the circumstances are bad and they're in the wrong, but the staff have not deliberately set out to be disrespectful and cause offence. I see from this forum and the facebook group many people have chosen to assume the staff deliberately meant to offend and disrespect the soldiers and therefore deserve the abuse they're now receiving (inc death threats). I'm not for a second condoning the actions of the staff but the reaction is ludicrous, the apology should be a sufficient. If instead of posting aggressive rants which exacerbate a regrettable situation, people donated £5 to the charity founded by the soldiers family, which aids the children of fallen soldiers, then it would be a far more positive response to the situation. However I guess it's much easier to just criticise behind a computer screen (apologies for the hypocrisy).

Macca

I never could get my head around the whole business of having to somehow feel grateful to be allowed into somewhere to spend my money. It's almost understandable if it's some exclusive international club in London but in Cov???? Jeez they need to get over themselves. The uniform thing, essentially too scared of upsetting the usual suspects.

They have a no uniform policy which is common is many bars/cafes around the country..obviously the circumstances are bad and they're in the wrong, but the staff have not deliberately set out to be disrespectful and cause offence. I see from this forum and the facebook group many people have chosen to assume the staff deliberately meant to offend and disrespect the soldiers and therefore deserve the abuse they're now receiving (inc death threats). I'm not for a second condoning the actions of the staff but the reaction is ludicrous, the apology should be a sufficient. If instead of posting aggressive rants which exacerbate a regrettable situation, people donated £5 to the charity founded by the soldiers family, which aids the children of fallen soldiers, then it would be a far more positive response to the situation. However I guess it's much easier to just criticise behind a computer screen (apologies for the hypocrisy).

Why should people not be allowed in wearing a uniform? It is a disrespectful policy to any persons wearing a uniform, not just soldiers. People from all walks should be and are, rising against this discriminative and disrectful policy.

The apology is nowhere near enough, they should scrap the no-Uniform policy immediately.

As for donating £5 to charity, what has that got to do with a bar disrespecting grieving soldiers? Nothing at all. If anyone should be donating to charity then it's Mr Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread