Butts Groundshare Update (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Its all connected. Engage is behind the City of Rugby initiative of which Breed is part, as our the council. A good chunk of the money is provided by Millerchip.

He doesn't have anything to do with CRFC apart from owning the lease.

I think he did put some money into them a while ago to be fair didn't he?

Nick

Administrator
I was under the impression he saved them which is why he has the lease?
Or saved the butts project

I think it was something like that, but now Jon Sharp is the owner (not going to claim to know that bit). Not sure whether Sharp bought it off him then? Somebody can correct it!

oldfiver

http://m.rugbynetwork.net/main/s425/st191364.htm

It seems it can only be used for rugby, am I reading that right?

The new leader of Coventry council says the authority ‘will not put any obstacles in the way’ of Coventry City moving to Butts Park Arena.

Coun George Duggins’ pledge comes after leaked documents emerged this week which seemed to show an attempt to block the Sky Blues from playing at the home of Coventry Rugby Club.

The email from the council’s legal department to the rugby club suggested specifically barring football being played at the ground as part of negotiations to alter a lease at the stadium.

That was dismissed by a senior council official as a tactic to extract information from the rugby club after rumours of the ground share were denied when they first surfaced last year.

Hobo

Millerchip isn't representing CRFC though, is he? He's representing himself as leaseholder.

But he has an interest in CRFC and may just have a different opinion to Sharpe? But he is not representing Wasps either and I know of no connection do you?

Hobo

Its all connected. Engage is behind the City of Rugby initiative of which Breed is part, as our the council. A good chunk of the money is provided by Millerchip.

He doesn't have anything to do with CRFC apart from owning the lease.

Engage...that isn't just Wasps it includes CRFC, England Rugby and Coventy Bears. It is in fact a national scheme to promote Rugby.

Certain people on here are making it sound like it is a scheme concocted by CCC and Wasps to bring down Coventry City FC.

Millerchip nothing to do with CRFC? Apart from buying the lease years ago to protect the club when they were in dire straights.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Engage...that isn't just Wasps it includes CRFC, England Rugby and Coventy Bears. It is in fact a national scheme to promote Rugby.

Certain people on here are making it sound like it is a scheme concocted by CCC and Wasps to bring down Coventry City FC.
Nobody has said ccc concocted it, just that they are all linked..

Maybe people just believe in co incidences a lot?

oldfiver

But he has an interest in CRFC and may just have a different opinion to Sharpe? But he is not representing Wasps either and I know of no connection do you?

Where have you seen he has "an interest" in CRFC - nothing on Companies House ?

oldfiver

Millerchip nothing to do with CRFC apart from buying the lease years ago to protect the club when they were in dire straights.[/QUOTE]

Can you read? He did not buy the lease years ago - see the article posted above

Hobo

Nobody has said ccc concocted it, just that they are all linked..

Maybe people just believe in co incidences a lot?

You mean like Coventry City FC is linked to Wasps and CRFC? You can link what you like mate. You criticise CET for misleading people...but here you go full of nudge nudge wink wink because local rugby teams and the local council are involved in a national scheme to promote rugby? We are really in the shut now because England Rugby are involved too, shit, everyone is against us!!

oldfiver

This bit.....

First of all, JS isn't acquiring the freehold. That remains with the council. What he is attempting to obtain is the lease on the non-playing part of the site.

JS ( Mr ) is trying to acquire the head lease to the whole site
This was originally purchased by a development company - see the CT article above

oldfiver

You mean like Coventry City FC is linked to Wasps and CRFC? You can link what you like mate. You criticise CET for misleading people...but here you go full of nudge nudge wink wink because local rugby teams and the local council are involved in a national scheme to promote rugby? We are really in the shut now because England Rugby are involved too, shit, everyone is against us!!
The ENGAGE project was originally a CRFC document

Hobo

Millerchip nothing to do with CRFC apart from buying the lease years ago to protect the club when they were in dire straights.

Can you read? He did not buy the lease years ago - see the article posted above[/QUOTE]
My recollection is he obtained it when the club aS in administration which I think was around 2009.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe it is something they can look into then?

As it was millerchip and breed driving the city of rugby, that was setup as wasps moved in, breed was helping them move here also. They also only just found out by co incidence that breed runs a sports centre that would be great for their training base, they had looked at 17 sites but then they found that out!

Maybe if papers did a bit more digging about things like that they wouldn't get digs for misleading.

Still, just one big huge co incidence isn't it?

Hobo

Where have you seen he has "an interest" in CRFC - nothing on Companies House ?
Interest as he is from Coventry and has assisted the club and has an interest in them. As I have an interest in Coventry City FC having been a fan all my life.

Hobo

The ENGAGE project was originally a CRFC document
There are lots of engage rugby projects nationally and internationally. It is not unique to Coventry.

Hobo

Except he is wrong about acquiring the lease at the start! see above

"Chris Millerchip did the club a great service by obtaining the lease when the club was in administration and by doing so protecting it, and the land it covers from external predators, and has basically sat on it, from his office in America. If the club is to develop the site it needs control of it here - if only so potentially it can negotiate to sub-lease sections of the land to a developer."

oldfiver

"Chris Millerchip did the club a great service by obtaining the lease when the club was in administration and by doing so protecting it, and the land it covers from external predators, and has basically sat on it, from his office in America. If the club is to develop the site it needs control of it here - if only so potentially it can negotiate to sub-lease sections of the land to a developer."

Land Registry states :
10.04.2014 Proprietor COVENTRY RUGBY PROPERTIES LLP
Purchased on 24.03.2014

Users who are viewing this thread