Callum contract offer (3 Viewers)

Kingokings204

Bye Cal. Thanks for the memories

fatso

"Done everything we can" sounds like they've reached the end of the road and he isn't signing. Hope I'm wrong as we all no how important he is to our style of play.

I just hope we get a good fee for him if he does go this month.

Covkid1968#

Robins using the words ‘done all we can’ rather than doing.

We aren’t going to up the offer so off you trot with a shed load of thanks for some superb memories.

I’m holding out a tiny hope that having family close, how much Robins thinks of him and our style of play will carry some weight. But he will have an agent whispering in his ear and if he can double his wages… why the feck not!!

Covkid1968#

"Done everything we can" sounds like they've reached the end of the road and he isn't signing. Hope I'm wrong as we all no how important he is to our style of play.

😂😂😂 beat me too it

Skyblueweeman

I love the way MR says 'honestly, I've got nothing to say on it' and then says quite a bit on it 😂.

Like @MrPanda says, it feels similar to the Hamer situation. Hopefully a good couple of months here might sweeten the situation in our favour. I'd be surprised if it's sorted soon though.

shmmeee

Gonners I reckon, otherwise I feel like he’d have signed by now. Fair enough but can’t be arsed with all of the drama around it!

I still suspect if we don’t force him out this window he’d want to stay and see if he can get us promoted. Missed the POs last year and gives him options, perhaps even us in the PL!

Hobo

far more money? nope

extra £30,000 which is then offset with less people using cash bars

our biggest game is saturday and not every box is sold. which shows he got the pricing wrong to begin with and still with the discounted rate not everyone has taken them up.

He may have done, but the pricing was clearly wrong last season as well, which wasn't his fault.

Covcraig@bury

COH to Fulham or Everton, I can’t see him going to any of the clubs that went up as they’re more than likely coming back down.

Greggs

My guess is he'll go to one of the promoted teams on a free.

Offhegoes

The club won't sell him in January, and I doubt many teams will offer a bumper contract and fee for a player who's only been back playing for 6 weeks from an ACL injury.
O'Hare is biding his time which you can understand...I have more hope he will sign a new deal than I did with Vik or Hamer.

SkyBlueMatt

If we've done everything we're willing to do (I'll trust Robins on that) then we have to move forward. I can still hope that he signs but Robins and his team need to start looking for his replacement in the summer. We won't have the same problem as we had with Hamer as we know he's going for free.

There is no point selling him in January. The value that we would get, isn't worth it considering we have an outside chance of getting in the playoffs.

Astute

If it's another Hamer situation I'd be quite happy and not take a small amount of money. Hamer played like a man possessed for weeks and almost got us promoted until he got injured. I'd be happy for O'Hare to keep himself in the shop window and take us to Wembley.

Johnnythespider

If it's another Hamer situation I'd be quite happy and not take a small amount of money. Hamer played like a man possessed for weeks and almost got us promoted until he got injured. I'd be happy for O'Hare to keep himself in the shop window and take us to Wembley.
We'd only get peanuts for him now anyway, he didn't cost us anything other than the wages.

rexo87

Dawkins stirring again on twitter - absolute cu*t.

At the end of the day Robins/King will have a figure of what they believe COH is worth. If COH then doesnt want to sign then thats absolutely fine. We will have targets in mind for if he signs. I absolutely love COH but i'm absolutely trusting the club on what they decide

Chris1987

Probably because those people from last season pick and choose which games they want to watch and split the £1500.00 cost between the 12 of them who attend. Chances are the club are now making the same if not more doing it this way even though they have sold less corperate boxes by charging the full rate.

Parasitic agents have a lot to answer for in football.

Pusb1

COH has great energy and is a good Champ player.

We’ll be offering what he is worth to our team.

He contributes little by way of goals or assists and has legacy injury concerns.

Given the cash i have confidence we’ll find a better option in the summer.

For COH i don’t think hes cut for PL football. Saying that i can see a newly promoted team, or a Luton/Sheffield taking a cheap gamble- and in turn likely tripling his wages.

So for him it’s likely worth holding out for a move. But for us not worth risking our wage structure for. hence the likely current stand-off

Chris1987

Don't get me wrong I love what O'Hare brings to the club but hypothetically he runs down his contract , we get promoted and then he signs a new contract. How will that be received?

Matt smith

Dawkins stirring again on twitter - absolute cu*t.

At the end of the day Robins/King will have a figure of what they believe COH is worth. If COH then doesnt want to sign then thats absolutely fine. We will have targets in mind for if he signs. I absolutely love COH but i'm absolutely trusting the club on what they decide
With the ‘prefer not to speak tweet’ 😂

AFCCOVENTRY

Look he’s not signing a new contract and our team doesn’t revolve around him. We’ve got stars all over the pitch and will replace him.

However, I think he will see where we finish and the end of the season. If we get promoted he will sign. If not he will chance it with one of the 3 clubs that do get promoted.

Chris1987

Why would that be seen as anything other than good news?
It would just indicate that it was all about money in the first instance. The agent no doubt has instructed Call to keep it zipped whilst tarting him around as many clubs as he can. At least COH could just say the contract doesn't meet his expectations.

Astute

We made the playoffs last season without Callum O'Hare , people forget that

Great player but the club will move on , and probably protect their interests better in the future by giving longer contracts and negotiating earlier
People haven't forgotten Hamer and Gyokeres either 😁

Users who are viewing this thread