Callum O'Hare Replacement (2 Viewers)

mmttww

We've got to accept that even if we get promoted (unlikely), CoH is probs off if he keeps playing like he is.

Palmer will be around so there's a player to compete with whoever comes in. Torp could play there if needed.

as we could go down the Torp and Sakamoto route (value from abroad) or the EMC route (EFL standouts)...

Any SBT scouts have players in mind that could do what he does i.e. press, play in tight areas, create, score?

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Whatever we offered to Callum in wages would go to his replacement.

Pretty comfortable and accepted he will leave unless we go up.

Enjoy him till end of season.

SkyBlueMatt

I know he's leaving but the squad was looking very..... sexy.

Wright, Simms, Saka, EMC²

Palmer / O'Hare

Torp, Sheaf, Eccles

Will be interesting to see if EMC plays in the 10 or out wide ….

100% he plays out wide or upfront.

Offhegoes

We've got to accept that even if we get promoted (unlikely), CoH is probs off if he keeps playing like he is.

Palmer will be around so there's a player to compete with whoever comes in. Torp could play there if needed.

as we could down either the Torp, Sakamoto route (value from abroad) or the EMC route (EFL standouts)...

Any SBT scouts have players in mind that could do what he does i.e. press, play in tight areas, create, score?
If we go up, he will stay. I have no doubt about that.

Ashdown

Callum has been electric recently and somehow added an eye for goal to his game whereas previously he snapped at shots. Absolute class right now, plus his ability to galvanise the players around him. The disaster is that we won’t get a fee for him.

mmttww

If we go up, he will stay. I have no doubt about that.

Dunno. He's on for 12-15 goals and will be available free. He's also been here a while.

With the options he's likely to have in the PL I'd be surprised if he stayed, even if we went up.

napolimp

Isn't it a bit odd that we didn't look at a replacement last summer? Considering they likely knew there was a good chance he'd be off, and that would have given a replacement longer to slot in and get up to speed.

Skyblueweeman

as we could down either the Torp, Sakamoto route (value from abroad) or the EMC route (EFL standouts)...

To be fair, I don't think we have to accept he'll be off if we get promoted. I'm pretty confident that had we beaten Luton, Vik and Gus would still be here (Gus definitely, maybe not Vik). If we go up, I'm pretty confident he'll stay.

Also, not sure Torp is the sort of player who'd play there. Not from what I've seen so far.

Gosb

Callum has been electric recently and somehow added an eye for goal to his game whereas previously he snapped at shots. Absolute class right now, plus his ability to galvanise the players around him. The disaster is that we won’t get a fee for him.
His 'eye for goal' has resulted in 9 goals in 19 games, as opposed to his pre-injury record of 12 goals in 146 games. An astonishing improvement.

1ccfc

His 'eye for goal' has resulted in 9 goals in 19 games, as opposed to his pre-injury record of 12 goals in 146 games. An astonishing improvement.
Not just here, but at all clubs, it’s amazing how some players improve during the last year of their contract. I’m sure it’s a coincidence.

Mr Panda

Not just here, but at all clubs, it’s amazing how some players improve during the last year of their contract. I’m sure it’s a coincidence.

I have a theory that some players, especially those like O'Hare, come back better after a long injury layoff. His style has always been high energy, full throttle, little time to think. I feel like a long time out can calm the mind and build your composure.

slowpoke

Seems common knowledge on here he is going, but nothing from the player, but should he go I expect Robins to replacement with some not mentioned on here as he did with Torp and EMC, could be foreign my betting if he goes and I want him to stop it will be by a better player.

JimmyHillsbeard

One of the deadline deals I didn’t spot until a few days ago was that Max Bird had joined Bristol City but was loaned back to Derby for the remainder of the season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Nothing to do with a replacement, but I'd happily throw some £££s at getting Sorba Thomas in. One of the best crossers/dead ball free kick takers in the league. Having Saka, Sorba, Mason Clarke, and Wright available would give us serious attacking options. Don't think Sorba would cost a fortune either, and we'd score from a lot of set plays. Get Binks permanently too.

Evo1883

Somebody on socials saying the offer that was on the table has been withdrawn ?
Any truth?

ccfc1234

Torp is an entirely different player to COH. Palmer can play that role but COH is Mr perpetual motion and is always finding space.
Of the players I have seen spoken about on this forum Koki Saito from Japan and mentioned by @AFCCOVENTRY looks the most likely but I would not put it past robins t9 do something different and go to a 442 formation.

Still hoping he signs and completes the job of getting us to the top flight.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Somebody on socials saying the offer that was on the table has been withdrawn ?
Any truth?

Even if it is true, just means the club can offer a new deal between now and the end of the season.

Cally Fedora

Isn't it a bit odd that we didn't look at a replacement last summer? Considering they likely knew there was a good chance he'd be off, and that would have given a replacement longer to slot in and get up to speed.
And we’d have been paying two wages……..

Alkhen

I have a theory that some players, especially those like O'Hare, come back better after a long injury layoff. His style has always been high energy, full throttle, little time to think. I feel like a long time out can calm the mind and build your composure.
Yeah good point, I've not really thought of the mental side of things before. He definitely seems more composed. He comes across so high energy in the behind the scenes stuff I'm sure it's something he has had to work on.

Also it's impossible not to notice he has put on a lot more muscle. He looks a way more sturdy on the ball now which must help with the way some of the defenders in this league act.

1707333006304.png
1707333057588.png

Skybluedownunder

One of the deadline deals I didn’t spot until a few days ago was that Max Bird had joined Bristol City but was loaned back to Derby for the remainder of the season.

Jason Knight was the one I would have wanted the most from that Derby team, knowing we were selling Hamer if he told us he wanted to go after the playoff final he’s the player we should have gone after. Went for £2m and he’s flying at Bristol City, class player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Jason Knight was the one I would have wanted the most from that Derby team, knowing we were selling Hamer if he told us he wanted to go after the playoff final he’s the player we should have gone after. Went for £2m and he’s flying at Bristol City, class player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a secret agent too

mmttww

Jack Rudoni?

Don't think I've seen him play live. Looking at age, stats, where he plays, quality of players he's been playing with in this league, I can see this making sense, even if it would underwhelm a lot of folks. If Huddersfield went down he'd not cost too much, either (£2m ish?).

Anyone got a data-based Euro gem to call out?

Gibbo

We've brought him already

Hes just finishing the season with Peterborough first
It only makes sense if he is CoH's replacement. Wright is very expensive and good on the left. Saka is clearly top man on the right. Rotating three of these makes little sense to me. He must be in the first team, but so must Wright and Saka.

TomRad85

Don't think I've seen him play live. Looking at age, stats, where he plays, quality of players he's been playing with in this league, I can see this making sense, even if it would underwhelm a lot of folks. If Huddersfield went down he'd not cost too much, either (£2m ish?).

Anyone got a data-based Euro gem to call out?
Got a feeling Millwall are heading down at this rate which will bring Zian Flemming into play.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread