Callum O'Hare (7 Viewers)

Deity

I think him being out paced, muscled and classes by Saints midfield yesterday shows his limitations.
Totally agree.

I have been saying this for months. He doesn’t have the physical attributes to step up again.

When he does get past his man they are back at him within seconds. He has lost that zip over the first few yards that used to help him.

I honestly believe we will sign a more impactful 10 than COH or KP.

I like them both but they lack end product and the stats prove that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Totally agree.

I have been saying this for months. He doesn’t have the physical attributes to step up again.

When he does get past his man they are back at him within seconds. He has lost that zip over the first few yards that used to help him.

I honestly believe we will sign a more impactful 10 than COH or KP.

I like them both but they lack end product and the stats prove that.
There was nothing wrong with COH’s end product when he was trying to earn his free transfer

Deity

There was nothing wrong with COH’s end product when he was trying to earn his free transfer
I honestly don’t think it’s an attitude thing.

He’s never been able to tackle so the fact he doesn’t now isn’t new news.

He looks like he loves the game but his form is miles off that of a Premier League pkayer

Brighton Sky Blue

I honestly don’t think it’s an attitude thing.

He’s never been able to tackle so the fact he doesn’t now isn’t new news.

He looks like he loves the game but his form is miles off that of a Premier League pkayer
So it’s a coincidence that his form drops off with a free transfer in the bag?

Deity

It looks that way to me ….

If we are honest when he came back from injury his goals masked the fact his overall play was not that impactful.

Since then his goals have dried up and we are just left with a player doing short little passes but not hurting the opposition in any way.

COH looks the sort of lad to love thr fan adulation. If he could score / create more I think he would be I just think he’s bang out of form …..

pusbccfc

He's going to look like a lost puppy against United

shmmeee

If we are honest when he came back from injury his goals masked the fact his overall play was not that impactful.

Since then his goals have dried up and we are just left with a player doing short little passes but not hurting the opposition in any way.

COH looks the sort of lad to love thr fan adulation. If he could score / create more I think he would be I just think he’s bang out of form …..

He’s out of form cos his heads gone. Form isn’t some mystical thing, it’s a mental state.

Hobo

Technically he shouldn’t be speaking to domestic clubs until his contract expires. He could agree a pre deal abroad however.

That is why footballers have agents, to do the talking for them 😂 😂 😂

Brighton Sky Blue

Fair enough if that’s what you think, I just disagree.

Martin180

He definitely looks like he's lost half a yard of pace but the flip side is he has baulked up so isn't as easy to ease off the ball .
I just wonder whether our style of play has adapted past what he brings to the side . We are best when we hit Simms/Wright early and can stretch the opposition defence and so far it has been Palmer and Sheaf who have been better at doing that . Don't get me wrong once we are up the pitch O'Hare still works well in the tight pockets around the box

Regardless I still wish him all the very best for his future as he has been a massive part of the journey so far

rockwoodfleet

He definitely looks like he's lost half a yard of pace but the flip side is he has baulked up so isn't as easy to ease off the ball .
I just wonder whether our style of play has adapted past what he brings to the side . We are best when we hit Simms/Wright early and can stretch the opposition defence and so far it has been Palmer and Sheaf who have been better at doing that . Don't get me wrong once we are up the pitch O'Hare still works well in the tight pockets around the box

Regardless I still wish him all the very best for his future as he has been a massive part of the journey so far
Spot on.

Ashdown

COH is quality and that is recognised by almost everyone we play against. Their managers, players and commentators see him as a potent threat. He’s probably a tad knackered right now like many of yhe others. I wish him the best…..as long as he’s not going to those cheating bastards Leicester 🤔

Saddlebrains

COH is quality and that is recognised by almost everyone we play against. Their managers, players and commentators see him as a potent threat. He’s probably a tad knackered right now like many of yhe others. I wish him the best…..as long as he’s not going to those cheating bastards Leicester 🤔

Why would he be knackered though? He played the full 90 v Leeds but other than that hes had cameos off the bench so i dont buy the tiredness thing at all

mark82

Why would he be knackered though? He played the full 90 v Leeds but other than that hes had cameos off the bench so i dont buy the tiredness thing at all
Lack of football over the last 2 years. His body just won't be in the condition it was. Did well against Leeds, but looked off it again last night.

If he carries on, and he hasn't already signed a contract elsewhere, we may yet have a chance of keeping him this summer. Suspect his stock is dropping a bit given the risk coming off the back of his injuries.

Mucca Mad Boys

Anonymous last night. He is clearly not playing at the levels he was pre January. Hes had enough rest so its not fitness. Was decent Saturday but thats it in the last 2.5 months

He knows hes a month or so away from the biggest payday of his career

Is it possible that his Dec-Jan form was a flash in the pan? He’s been anonymous since really and showed no evidence of being a prolific scorer pre-ACL injury.

I remember people saying he’d start for the likes of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton. Not on last nights performance.

Palmer showed more intent than him but if we intend to play 4-2-3-1 next season, an AM is perhaps the most important signing.

I don’t think he’s downed tools because MR wouldn’t indulge it. It’s more likely that he’s just not as good as some of us (myself included) believed.

Hamer & Gyokeres willed us to the playoffs last year, COH hasn’t and last season there were people saying he was our best player.

Saddlebrains

Is it possible that his Dec-Jan form was a flash in the pan? He’s been anonymous since really and showed no evidence of being a prolific scorer pre-ACL injury.

I remember people saying he’d start for the likes of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton. Not on last nights performance.

Palmer showed more intent than him but if we intend to play 4-2-3-1 next season, an AM is perhaps the most important signing.

I don’t think he’s downed tools because MR wouldn’t indulge it. It’s more likely that he’s just not as good as some of us (myself included) believed.

Hamer & Gyokeres willed us to the playoffs last year, COH hasn’t and last season there were people saying he was our best player.

You may be correct. That period over Decemvwr - January he was unreal. But hes never actually done that before at this level. Maybe that was the exception not the norm for him

Either that or he just doesnt want to be here anymore 👀👀👀👀

Ccfcisparks

Utter nonsense that he has been anonymous

Viktor17

You may be correct. That period over Decemvwr - January he was unreal. But hes never actually done that before at this level. Maybe that was the exception not the norm for him

Hes a good player, think everyone agrees, how good - that's the unknown. We must also remember coming back from ACL is tough, often have an initial "burst" then drop off, which is what we are seeing.

Hes made his mind and good luck to him - I think the reality is his form is down to more mental fatigue - getting to grips with day in day out football again and simply knowing he's leaving in a number of weeks. Its natural right, it would effect everyone.

Still think football wise, he could be served well by playing another season in this team, be in the limelight and really get
back to full swing, then go (lets also remember the club have offered him a bloody decent contract - despite what some may say!!).

But totally understand why he's going now, nice pay cheque and a perceived bigger move - good luck coh.

This season especially has shown we will move on and new heroes will come - we've got the best asset - Robins and team.

larry_david

I can't tell you how gutted I am Palmer is suspended vs Man Utd. It really is a huge blow on current form, not only individual form but on how Palmers style of play suits Simms so much too. He was on for 2 mins last night and set up Simms for a glorious chance to equalise.

Honestly no hard feelings against O Hare, 2 months ago he was lethal in front of goal and it was wonderful to see. But you cannot argue with the fact that he's just not hurting the oppo at the moment

djr8369

Lack of football over the last 2 years. His body just won't be in the condition it was. Did well against Leeds, but looked off it again last night.

If he carries on, and he hasn't already signed a contract elsewhere, we may yet have a chance of keeping him this summer. Suspect his stock is dropping a bit given the risk coming off the back of his injuries.
I don’t think he can sign anything else yet but my intuition is he has had a gentleman’s agreement with Leicester for some time.

djr8369

Based on what?
After the home game against them their players and staff seemed more friendly with him that is normal and he has said in the past how important it is for him to be near his family. It just seems like a move that would make sense for him, top class training ground a commutable distance away, big wage increase and chance to play in prem (assuming they go up).

sotvtoday

Might be a good move for him in the short term but if they get relegated following a points deduction he will be back where he is now.

Mucca Mad Boys

Utter nonsense that he has been anonymous

Did you watch the game last night?

Clearly Robins agreed, otherwise he wouldn’t have ‘rested’ him for Palmer in recent games. In my view, he’s been conservative in his play for some time - his progressive passing stats and ‘key passes’ must be quite low in the last 2 months.

Mucca Mad Boys

Do you think Robins would keep playing if he believed he didn’t want to be here anymore? Not having a goal since start of Feb isn’t a good look for a perspective new club whether or not it is ‘all but agreed’.

If he wants to leave, I won’t lose too much sleep over it. A good player but ultimately, 10 goal involvements won’t be too hard to replace.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Do you think Robins would keep playing if he believed he didn’t want to be here anymore? Not having a goal since start of Feb isn’t a good look for a perspective new club whether or not it is ‘all but agreed’.

If he wants to leave, I won’t lose too much sleep over it. A good player but ultimately, 10 goal involvements won’t be too hard to replace.
Its more his influence and personality around the squad that will be tough to replace

Sick Boy

After the home game against them their players and staff seemed more friendly with him that is normal and he has said in the past how important it is for him to be near his family. It just seems like a move that would make sense for him, top class training ground a commutable distance away, big wage increase and chance to play in prem (assuming they go up).
He probably already knew a few of their players so to spoke to them.

djr8369

He probably already knew a few of their players so to spoke to them.
It’s possible of course, just stood out to me at the time as a bit more friendly than what you normally see. It’s as good a shout as any though as location would suit him and low end prem means probable game time but who knows.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d be surprised if it’s Leicester. With respect to COH, I can’t see how he improves them and I have my doubts how he fits into a 4-3-3 as a CM.

Users who are viewing this thread