Callum O'Hare (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

They are now, can’t afford the ULEZ charges

The poorest people can’t afford cars, they are more affected by pollution than congestion charges if they are your concern. Especially in London where public transport is excellent.

MalcSB

The poorest people can’t afford cars, they are more affected by pollution than congestion charges if they are your concern. Especially in London where public transport is excellent.
Can you do a weekly shop using public transport? Has the ULEZ improved pollution? As usual, the problem is being someone who isn’t the poorest but also isn’t particularly well off. You know, the ones whose social care costs will wipe out their savings in months.

pusbccfc

But those that aren’t will be owned by the less well off. Not all 84 year old plumbers @shmmeee

And those that are less well off are the ones struggling with the issues that the pollution causes.

Liquid Gold

So safe that another kid has been killed today 😢
You’re more likely to be stabbed in the west mids than you are London. The knife crime rate per 100,000 is much higher.

You hear more about London because 1. There are more people & 2. People have a vendetta against a mayor that doesn’t represent them.

Knife crime is through the roof because we’ve had 14 years of a bullshit ideology that things divesting in society has no material impact and it’s felt all over the country.

MalcSB

You’re more likely to be stabbed in the west mids than you are London. The knife crime rate per 100,000 is much higher.

You hear more about London because 1. There are more people & 2. People have a vendetta against a mayor that doesn’t represent them.

Knife crime is through the roof because we’ve had 14 years of a bullshit ideology that things divesting in society has no material impact and it’s felt all over the country.
London has the highest number of knife crimes, nearly 3 times the number n West Midlands. That’s why you hear more about it, because there is more in absolute terms. I assume you meant investing not divesting in your last sentence- but I think that has been ongoing for longer than 14 years.

Liquid Gold

London has the highest number of knife crimes, nearly 3 times the number n West Midlands. That’s why you hear more about it, because there is more in absolute terms. I assume you meant investing not divesting in your last sentence- but I think that has been ongoing for longer than 14 years.
3 times the absolute number but it has way more than 3 times the population. Hence you're more likely to be a victim of knife crime in the West Mids than London.

No, I meant divesting because that's what has happened. The last several governments has taken funds away from things that prevented crime raising that the government of the last stripe invested into - and it worked.

Anyway this is for COH not politics so I'll leave it there.

pusbccfc

You also hear about it more because knife crime could be in Dagenham or Richmond and all you'd hear is London.

It's like reporting all crime in Coventry as being West Midlands.

MalcSB

Those from low incomes are more likely to have underlying illnesses etc. I'm sure there are studies.
Yes, those with lower incomes will be more likely to have underlying illnesses for a while range of reasons which are nothing to do with pollution but more likely poor lifestyle choices such as smoking and poor diet for the example. And yes, there are studies which is why areas with socio economic challenges are early adopters of the NHS lung cancer screening programme.

MalcSB

You also hear about it more because knife crime could be in Dagenham or Richmond and all you'd hear is London.

It's like reporting all crime in Coventry as being West Midlands.
Oh dear! Isn’t that because Coventry is part of the West Midlands?

rob9872

Should've kept flogging him like an old knackered horse. He's nog going to be with us next season so less bothered if he gets exhausted or breaks down.

Fergusons_Beard

According to BBC transfer gossip (& Football Insider) Callum has informed the club he is leaving and that Aston Villa & West Ham are interested.

No surprise there then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread