Callum O'Hare (9 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

We're going to rely on Gyokeres leaving to make any serious purchases if Sheaf doesn't move on. Although obviously an accumulation of smaller fees will help, few hundred k from Godden and Allen, a bit more for Bidwell, a million or so for Palmer, Hamer moving maybe.

Vik leaving is massice for us. Massive. And i cant understand those who don't see it

Vik moving on early in the window means we have absolutely zero pressure to sell Sheaf and can add quality around him.

If not, Sheaf will be cashed in on at the current peak of his value.

He has said he wants to be in the PL , but he is a consummate pro and will not kick up a fuss or let it affect his game if he has to wait 1 more year while we try and get there with him

higgs

Has he signed a pre contract and not been putting in the effort in training since?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Gynnsthetonic

If im to hazard a guess from what I've been told. Again this is just a guess but an educated one as it stands...

New GK
MVE Thomas Kitching New LB
Tats Sheaf Torp EMC
Simms Wright

New GK
Eccles Sheaf Torp
Tats Simms Wright

But of course, loads can change
I hope Bidwell stays, a club needs a few older heads around the place, whatever profession you are in experience and guidance is priceless.

blunted

The big question is will O'Hare get back to the form before his injury with the goal scoring he has added. If he gets back to that level, he will be a massive loss. ACL injuries take a long-time recovery.
This season he has added goals but lost some of his more brilliant attributes, namely, his pace, going past players and tackling on the press.

TomRad85

Vik leaving is massice for us. Massive. And i cant understand those who don't see it

Vik moving on early in the window means we have absolutely zero pressure to sell Sheaf and can add quality around him.

He has said he wants to be in the PL , but he is a consummate pro and will not kick up a fuss or let it affect his game if he has to wait 1 more year while we try and get there with him
Did you say Hamer sell on was 15% of the overall? I can actually see him moving, he's been pretty decent in the latter weeks of the season.

shmmeee

I think looking at it a month or so later it's clear to see he was always leaving, even after he returned from injury. I just think when he returned from injury he was playing for a big contract/ to build up interest from the likes of Leicester City, Leeds United, Brentford, La Liga clubs and a few other Premier League sides,

if you ask me i think Callum got to that point with his impressive performances, the club he wanted to sign for eventually came in for him and he has already verbally agreed a contract with that club. So from that point until now we have seen O'Hare have flashes where he has looked interested/ impressive but for the most part, the challenges, sprints, pressing and general fight has definitely dropped down a peg or 2.

This will be due to not only Callum, but his agent drilling it into him that he needs to avoid any type of injury before the season is up.

It’s also perfectly natural after you fucked your last big contract with an injury. Doesn’t mean we as his employers have to like it though.

Saddlebrains

Has he signed a pre contract and not been putting in the effort in training since?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

He knows where he is going and has done for a while.

I wouldnt say lack of effort from what im told, more of a newly found jimmy big bollocks attitude

shmmeee

If im to hazard a guess from what I've been told. Again this is just a guess but an educated one as it stands...

New GK
Tats Sheaf Torp EMC
Simms Wright

New GK
Eccles Sheaf Torp
Tats Simms Wright

But of course, loads can change

No new CB?

SBT

He knows where he is going and has done for a while.

I wouldnt say lack of effort from what im told, more of a newly found jimmy big bollocks attitude
Is this from the same people moaning about the new players supposedly not being up to scratch at the start of the season?

Grendel

Palmer leaving would free up several billion pounds in wages

Oh dear Mr Angry from Basildon is very bitter he needs someone to hold his hand across Google

Samo

It's what he hasn't done. No loyalty after a year out
No loyalty> Are you serious?
Are we loyal to them? Maybe ask Matty Godden what he thinks about that.

ccfc1234

He’s just being polite. I somehow doubt he’d have got an outpouring of support from the fans if he’d responded honestly with “Yeah I’m holding out for rascal amounts of cash from La Liga tbh”
What's wrong with honesty which is more like, "I am happy here but want to focus on football until the end of the season"

It was the disingenuous deflections about not seeing a contract etc that I think annoyed some fans.

Hobo

I can't see Vik going early in the window, I think it will be an auction that will drag on, maybe even until January.

hinckley cov

If I was Robins I would put him on the bench again tomorrow and give him 5 minutes at the end , maybe that’s why he waited so long to bring him on Tuesday.

SBT

Oh dear Mr Angry from Basildon is very bitter he needs someone to hold his hand across Google
Mr Angry? It was just a little joke - you can usually tell from the likes and laughter emojis underneath.

Keep at it, maybe you’ll get some too one day!

SkyBlue_Bear83

He strikes me as another O’Hare three years ago and we need better. We need someone who will score ten goals and also keep and progress the ball. Not another dribbler with little end product.
This is the downside of the 'model'

Will be same if we sell Sheaf, if we have a replacement who even has the potential to be anywhere near as good it will be two or three years before he's getting to his best.

Grendel

He hasn't got it either way. Most fans have rumbled him, including MR

He’s what - no different from any other footballer?

Hobo

The big question is will O'Hare get back to the form before his injury with the goal scoring he has added. If he gets back to that level, he will be a massive loss. ACL injuries take a long-time recovery.
This season he has added goals but lost some of his more brilliant attributes, namely, his pace, going past players and tackling on the press.

I think the idea he has added goals to his game this season has been slightly exaggerated.

PVA

This is the downside of the 'model'

Will be same if we sell Sheaf, if we have a replacement who even has the potential to be anywhere near as good it will be two or three years before he's getting to his best.

But in the meantime we'll have strengthened the rest of the squad so still in a better place overall.

rob9872

Loyalty works two ways. If we'd offered improved terms whilst injured he might have signed. We can't wait for him to find fitness and form with a few months left and then expect him to sign. I don't blame the club either as it would've been a huge risk with our budget level.

He'll move on and thanks for your service. Might not be remembered on the way Fadz is, but certainly played his part too. Those who think he's not trying, whilst arguably his form may have dipped, he ran an unprecedented 17k at Wembley.

Users who are viewing this thread