Transfer Rumour Callum Styles (3 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

This was not meant as a wind-up. This is just an honest appraisal of where I think we are at the minute. I am more specifically talking about the two deeper CM positions as we are stocked well enough in the attacking midfielder role.

My assessment of CM is that Kelly and Allen aren't good enough to get where we want to be. Backup or otherwise. And I think I said Sheaf is good, above most in the league but not the Pirlo that some make him out to be but certainly good enough for what we want to achieve.

Eccles has been great so far this season but it has only been two games, and one of them was at RWB. He is a valuable squad member and performed well last season but again, there are much better in the league.

We are down to two serious players for two positions, which worries me. How can that even be argued against?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Shaef is literally the best DM in the league.

fatso

Why did milwall pass this guy over??

I’d rather a standout midfield signing than a couple of functional players

in robins we trust he knows what he’s doing
Maybe they couldn't afford him, or maybe they were OK in midfield who knows.

Why did Swansea let Vik go?

Greggs

This was not meant as a wind-up. This is just an honest appraisal of where I think we are at the minute. I am more specifically talking about the two deeper CM positions as we are stocked well enough in the attacking midfielder role.

My assessment of CM is that Kelly and Allen aren't good enough to get where we want to be. Backup or otherwise. And I think I said Sheaf is good, above most in the league but not the Pirlo that some make him out to be but certainly good enough for what we want to achieve.

Eccles has been great so far this season but it has only been two games, and one of them was at RWB. He is a valuable squad member and performed well last season but again, there are much better in the league.

We are down to two serious players for two positions, which worries me. How can that even be argued against?

Because negativity and realism is frowned upon here. Its all positivity, rainbows and delusion. Then just say 'in Robins we trust'.
Keep doing you mate, fuck the clique.

shmmeee

Agree with a lot of that but you’re well off about Sheaf. After O’Hare he’s probably our most valuable player, assuming O’Hare comes back the same.

woody11462

£5m on rumoured international enforcer
£2m on Styles
£3-4m on Kitching
Loan AM/ST/AML from the Prem

By my count that still leave a couple of million for Jan just in case.
Definitely want to see us hold some back for January. Could be the difference if need to replace a big player through injury/sale or we need someone to complete the team, allows us to see how the new players work out.

Happy_Martian

Putting the forum on snooze for a couple of hours sleep. Can someone wake me up when this becomes a signed deal ? :)

Skyblueweeman

Not read the whole thread but someone I know, who knows a good amount about football, said this would be a great signing if we get him as apparently Villa and Spurs had been interested.

Had a look at his stats, apologies if it's been discussed but he's not got a great goalscoring record. Is he more of a defensive midfielder?

skyblu3sk

I've been defending sheaf from day 1 when people didn't like him much.

That said it's fair to say he's fucking excellent but does get very simple passes wrong sometimes which I can only out down to lack of concentration or over confidence.

Dunno if best but up there. But the poster has a point about why perhaps we need more midfielders.
Honestly think it's those sloppy passes that will stop him performing at a higher level. If he could rid them from his game you could see him in the prem.

SkyBlueMatt

I wasn't arguing about the fact we need another DM. I was making a point about your shit take regarding the players we have.

I believe that Robins has a different assessment about Allen than you do.

Yes, one of them was at RB, out of position and was one of the best players on the pitch against arguably the best team in the league. How many good games does Eccles need then for you to change your opinion?

I didn't think it was a wind up and thats what makes the post so impressive. Though you only signed up a week ago so I think I may have been had.

FYI Pirlo isn't fit to clean Sheafs boots.

Greggs

Not read the whole thread but someone I know, who knows a good amount about football, said this would be a great signing if we get him as apparently Villa and Spurs had been interested.

Had a look at his stats, apologies if it's been discussed but he's not got a great goalscoring record. Is he more of a defensive midfielder?
Villa and Spurs.........they probably want his brother to play a concert.

SlowerThanPlatt

Villa/Spurs must have been when he was a youngster as £2m is pocket change to them if they thought he had even a 5% chance of becoming a PL level player

Saddlebrains

I have no issue with people not agreeing with my view, just think if your going to counter the argument, at least come back with a valid point and not one that you made up, can't be quantified after two games and is clearly nonsense when the league contains DM's of Ndidi, Lavia and Winks.

I mean literallt statistically over the last 18 months hes been the best ball winner in the league. Il find the stats give me a few minutes

Mucca Mad Boys

In terms of building a squad, we currently do need several players. If selling Hamer and Gyokeres allows us to sign a few standouts and really build the squad, it’s worthwhile.

Likewise, it allows us to use to really focus on signing marquee players in future transfer windows.

Looking at Operation Premiership as a project, we may not be ready to get promoted this season. First, we’ve signed a lot of young players who may need a season or two to hit their potential. Second, we’re transitioning from a team relying on loans to pad our squad out to owning our players. It takes time to build a squad.

Top 6 should be an expectation this year, and if we fail to get promoted, automatics could be a viable expectation for next season 2024/25.

Brighton Sky Blue

In terms of building a squad, we currently do need several players. If selling Hamer and Gyokeres allows us to sign a few standouts and really build the squad, it’s worthwhile.

Likewise, it allows us to use to really focus on signing marquee players in future transfer windows.

Looking at Operation Premiership as a project, we may not be ready to get promoted this season. First, we’ve signed a lot of young players who may need a season or two to hit their potential. Second, we’re transitioning from a team relying on loans to pad our squad out to owning our players. It takes time to build a squad.

Top 6 should be an expectation this year, and if we fail to get promoted, automatics could be a viable expectation for next season 2024/25.
Sign 3-4 players more and really for the first time you can argue we have a full Championship standard squad.

Happy_Martian

He's box to box, same style as CoH, and apparently the same goalscoring boots as well. I've compared him to Mickey Gynn in style. Terrier-like with a great engine. Has had injuries but that is a role that will get you hurt.

Twitter saying we've had a £2m to activate his release clause accepted. Others saying a bid has been agreed. Be interesting to see if this is accurate and how quickly we're working. Hamer out the door from offer to goodbye video in 48 hours. Wright and Saka both brought in in similarly quick timeframes.

Happy_Martian

His loan at Willmall was terminated due to a bad injury as well. If he'd have stayed, the transfer may well have gone through.

Users who are viewing this thread