CBS issues (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

Fuming

At the commonwealth games right now but can't enjoy it. Fucking wasps

junglej13

This all has a familiar feel about. Suspect it will end up back in court. Loss of earnings etc. Not good for anyone in the short term.

lord_garrincha

It will be interesting to see the next game in the cup and we opt to forfeit
Just said that above SISU will pray for that... & claim home sell outs for every round we win until our eventual win against Man City at Wembley. Will cost a few mill in court.

Grendel

Predictable, wishy, washy shite from those wankers and of course no acknowledgment of any wrongdoing or hint of an apology. Almost implying the commonwealth games were doing us a favour letting us into the ground whilst that poxy thing was on.

they seem to be claiming they asked us if we should reverse the fixture - odd as Dave and Vaughn used to be so close

Grendel

Just said that above SISU will pray for that... & claim home sell outs for every round we win until our eventual win against Man City at Wembley. Will cost a few mill in court.

BINGO!

usskyblue

True but considering you don’t like speculation I doubt you have any idea as to the contractual agreement of each party do you?

True. The interesting part of this is Wasps apparently signed over the arena to the CWG’s until Aug 14th. I assume for some financial compensation? Forget the pitch being playable. What were Wasps doing allowing the stadium to be exclusive to the CWG beyond the football season start date? Yeah they may have thought; We’ll just ask for it back before the first game of the season’ … but had they, or had they not, considered for one minute what the condition of the pitch would be?

I think you’re right in thinking something was going on prior to MR looking at the pitch the other day. The timing of the Times article comes into even sharper focus now. MR may not have known how bad it was but others probably did.

Balli001

True. The interesting part of this is Wasps apparently signed over the arena to the CWG’s until Aug 14th. I assume for some financial compensation? Forget the pitch being playable. What were Wasps doing allowing the stadium to be exclusive to the CWG beyond the football season start date? Yeah they may have thought; We’ll just ask for it back before the first game of the season’ … but had they, or had they not, considered for one minute what the condition of the pitch would be?

I think you’re right in thinking something was going on prior to MR looking at the pitch the other day. The timing of the Times article comes into even sharper focus now. MR may not have known how bad it was but others probably did.
All venues have exclusivity. They would have agreed this long ago

stupot07

Why were the commonwealth games given exclusive rights to the pitch when they knew our first home game was scheduled for tomorrow's date??? Flown over from Ireland with my wife, this means at least 8 hours of shopping tomorrow now instead of a game the despair!!!
Plus part of having the golden share from the Football League is we have Primacy over the pitch. Yes we've had to move fixtures a day, but to rearrange the beginning of the season to be away from home for the first 3 weeks in a row, which is what they are suggesting is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

they seem to be claiming they asked us if we should reverse the fixture - odd as Dave and Vaughn used to be so close

You’re right! I’d only skim read it in a rage but that’s exactly what they’re implying. Shock horror, it’s not our fault your honour.

I wonder if the laying of a new pitch this summer was also bound into the terms of our rental Agreement. I assume the contract with the CG had been drawn prior to when we returned, so assumedly knew about the exclusivity clause? We’ve probably left ourselves exposed knowing our luck.

David O'Day

The fact we continue to rely on these irrelevant cunts to play in a stadium built for our football club continues to be the absolute embarrassment it's always been.
Wish I could say this was surprising but its not really is it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Don't say this often but Tom is right

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

All venues have exclusivity. They would have agreed this long ago

That’s the strange thing. We knew and the EFL knew, did nobody think this was a distinct possibility ?! I’m no gardener but playing a stack of back to back rugby games over three days in the middle of summer doesn’t sound like ideal preparation a week before our first game

Grendel

I think it’s a game - i think wasps really need the pitch ready for Wednesday

Dave wants urgent talks. I think he may switch his phone off

Briles

Something odd is happening. The article in the Times about SISU maybe looking to sell, wasps missing their repayments and now a cock up with the stadium. I'm not a conspircy theorist but could it all be linked?

Briles

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

So, where do we go from here.

If it’s unsafe to play on now, that must cast huge doubt on whether it can be fit for Wednesday.

Perhaps more importantly, what does this mean for the rest of the season. With a more concentrated than usual football programme into November, plus of course the rugby games, it seems difficult to believe that much can be done to radically improve the surface.

Add into that, that an extra fixture is the very last thing we’d want to try to squeeze in when the fixtures are already so compacted. A few more postponements and the whole season could become a nightmare.

Someone decided that it was a good idea to have the concert in June and then the rugby 7s. I think that person will be very lucky if he/she keeps their job.

Vaughan

Users who are viewing this thread