CBS issues (4 Viewers)

oldfiver

I’d have been sacked at JLR for this level of incompetence and I’d deserve it

But if I was your manager I would first get all the facts and see what leeway could be applied

Then take the opportunity to sack you ( :) wink )

Otis

Fucking incredible how Wasps fuck us over as a collective, yet some supporters are still desperate to solely blame Boddy. Yes, he’s fronting ownership, yes he talks shite sometimes but let’s face it, If he doesn’t make a statement people melt and when he does, it doesn’t matter what he says because the agenda driven are going melt over it anyway.

Heads I win, tails you fucking lose.

Even when we get fucked over, we still can’t come together as a group… even against fucking W*sps.
There definitely seems to be a slant towards blaming Boddy more than Wasps. I know that's not what the vast majority think or believe, but it's certainly coming across that way, reading through the threads.

As many have said, it was down to Wasps to provide a pitch we were able to play on. That's on them.

Grendel

For those defending Boddy in this if it was Fisher would they think the same way?

Nick

Administrator
There definitely seems to be a slant towards blaming Boddy more than Wasps. I know that's not what the vast majority think or believe, but it's certainly coming across that way, reading through the threads.

As many have said, it was down to Wasps to provide a pitch we were able to play on. That's on them.
It's as simple as that.

Still a couple of people don't like boddy.

Grendel

It's as simple as that.

Still a couple of people don't like boddy.

no it’s not. A ceo in any PLC would be fired. You can argue till use cows come home about agendas personalities - in a real world business he would be fired

oldfiver

I don't think it's a case of defending Boddy though is it, it's just apportioning the vast majority of blame at Wasps door rather than at Boddy's. I know that's not what people are trying to say, but it's certainly looks that way reading through on here.

Are you suggesting Boddy is an old biddy

clint van damme

I don't think it's a case of defending Boddy though is it, it's just apportioning the vast majority of blame at Wasps door rather than at Boddy's. I know that's not what people are trying to say, but it's certainly looks that way reading through on here.

We have 13k season ticket holders, (many aren't based in the city), we were told on the eve of the Rotherham game it wouldn't go ahead.
Was that because Boddy didn't know how bad the situation was? Or did he know but adopted a hope for the best approach?
Either way, that's on him, he was either asleep at the wheel, or knew how severe things were and kept us in the dark.

clint van damme

I think I saw something from PSB group (don't know how credible they are) saying they were organising something for wasp 1st home game but think that clashes with the brum away game and was aiming/hoping for 1000 to turn up

Last time PSB was involved in a protest he ended up having coffee and biscuits with Nick Eastwood. Probably threw in a couple of free tickets.

Grendel

G, you are missing the point that some of us blame Wasps.

Pure and simple it’s their fault, and what Boddy has or hasn’t done is down to their initial fuck up. That’s not defending him.

Sorry but as I’ve said if I was managing an event at a third party and the roof wasn’t in it that’s down to me not the third party

Otis

We have 13k season ticket holders, (many aren't based in the city), we were told on the eve of the Rotherham game it wouldn't go ahead.
Was that because Boddy didn't know how bad the situation was? Or did he know but adopted a hope for the best approach?
Either way, that's on him, he was either asleep at the wheel, or knew how severe things were and kept us in the dark.
I'm not arguing that though, Clint. Just reading through on here (hadn't been on much, so was just catching up), you would think that all the blame was on Boddy for all of it, where obviously the main blame is totally at Wasps' door.

It just comes across like all the blame is on Boddy. 🤷

Travs

How anyone can call this saga anyone but Wasps fault, as owners and landlords, is beyond me....

Despite the involvement of other relevant parties, SISU will ultimately have to carry the can, as owners, for the state of the club in the past 15/20/however many years...

...and Wasps have to take the ultimate blame on this one.

Moff

Sorry but as I’ve said if I was managing an event at a third party and the roof wasn’t in it that’s down to me not the third party

Again, it’s Wasps who are the landlords and who haven’t provided a playable pitch.
It’s their fault.
Whatever Boddy has or hasn’t done is speculation…..but we wouldn’t be talking about it if Wasps hadn’t fucked up the pitch.

Grendel

I'm not arguing that though, Clint. Just reading through on here (hadn't been on much, so was just catching up), you would think that all the blame was on Boddy for all of it, where obviously the main blame is totally at Wasps' door.

He is the employee at the club - someone in the club has to be accountable for delivery in an organisation

1ccfc

I'm certainly no fan of Wasps but it does seem a few are overlooking a few facts. Wasps agreed to host the cwg whilst we we're playing in Birmingham with no agreement in place to return. We were advised the pitch would not be ready for the start of the season yet decided to not act on this information and do nothing. I'm not defending Wasps, but do think the club should take their portion of the blame. It's too easy to blame our landlords for everything.

Grendel

Again, it’s Wasps who are the landlords and who haven’t provided a playable pitch.
It’s their fault.
Whatever Boddy has or hasn’t done is speculation…..but we wouldn’t be taking about it if Wasps hadn’t fucked up the pitch.

But Again if I was the person managing the contract with the third party the delivery to my company would be down to me. Not them - me

clint van damme

not all the blame, far from it, I agree, but he should of been more aware of what was going on, or not going on as the case may be, and kept the support better informed.

Moff

But Again if I was the person managing the contract with the third party the delivery to my company would be down to me. Not them - me

But if they hadn’t turned the pitch into a cow field then the person managing the contract with the third party would not have had to have got involved.

Bugsy

Last time PSB was involved in a protest he ended up having coffee and biscuits with Nick Eastwood. Probably threw in a couple of free tickets.

Oh is it like that, wasn't to know, well we may need to organise something from on here or twitter or something but something has to be done to these parasites.

Otis

not all the blame, far from it, I agree, but he should of been more aware of what was going on, or not going on as the case may be, and kept the support better informed.
Yes. Wish I was a fly on the wall. Something sadly amiss in communication between the landlords, the owners and the fans.

Grendel

It’s not blame it’s personal accountability

usskyblue

He is the employee at the club - someone in the club has to be accountable for delivery in an organisation

Not if the organization want someone else to be accountable. In this case Wasps, who were and have gifted that organization an opportunity.

Why do you keep driving down this agenda driven dead end?

Bugsy

I'm certainly no fan of Wasps but it does seem a few are overlooking a few facts. Wasps agreed to host the cwg whilst we we're playing in Birmingham with no agreement in place to return. We were advised the pitch would not be ready for the start of the season yet decided to not act on this information and do nothing. I'm not defending Wasps, but do think the club should take their portion of the blame. It's too easy to blame our landlords for everything.

The only fact what needs to be considered is that Its the duty of the landlords and on their promise to do so, to provide a fit for purpose pitch to play on aswell as for them and they couldn't even do that. It's totally on them.
And it looks like we are paying for there mistake.

Last edited:

1ccfc

The only fact what needs to be considered is that Its the duty of the landlords and on their promise to do so, to provide a fit for purpose pitch to play on aswell as for them and they couldn't even do that. It's totally on them.
And it looks like we are paying for there mistake.
However, our landlords made us aware of the situation before we moved back and advised us to find an alternative for the start of the season. We decided to move back regardless and made no provisions.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Personally I place the vast majority of blame at Wasps door for failing to provide a pitch that was ready (even if you take into account the extra time they wanted where they asked us to play the first few games away). This includes not doing the required maintenance on the pitch that meant it would end up in such a state. They have a contractual obligation to provide us with a pitch - they haven't done it.

The CWG must also share some culpability for apparently not allowing it to be checked during their tenancy (which I find a bit unlikely as surely the CEO of a tenant at that stadium with a vested interest could have been given clearance if desired).

But some must also fall on Boddy's shoulders. As I said I'm sure he could have got clearance if he'd wanted and he had plenty of warning. It does feel like maybe there was a bit of complacency and burying heads in the sand that it'd all be fine and it wasn't so we were caught very short.

The wasted time since then is infuriating, but again it's difficult to know whether more could have been done as we've had contrasting statements and the club have said they made offers to relay which Wasps rejected. If that's true I can't see what we could have done to make the pitch playable. Wasps probably wanted the extra time stipulated in the CWG contract to show it was CCFC being melodramatic, which turned out to not be the case.

So while Boddy must have some blame, he is by no means the worst player in this fiasco.

Also on a side point, it's interesting how Grendel is saying how Boddy should be sacked for not doing his job after spending the last few years defending Boris for far greater and more costly negligence than this.

Sky Blue Pete

Voluntary or otherwise, if your role is to act as a liaison between fans and the management, it's a bit rich to come back at my criticisms with some kind of obtuse "only I know the real story".

If you really believe Boddy and co should all get presented with medals against Preston like it's the end of fucking Star Wars, then tell us why that's the case, don't just allude to some kind of super insider knowledge, you look like a yes man.
Huh wow get your darts ready I’ll send you a picture of me for your door. Wtf you going on about
I said he’d earned his money
My role is to do what I like I’m not answerable to you or anyone on here and I’m not keeping anything or playing a game
I’m asking questions that hopefully you’ll consider before laying the blame in a direction I think is unfair
In the game of black and white good and evil right and wrong I’m sure I do come across as a yes man
In the real world of nuance and doing what you can not what Isn’t possible I’m someone trying to ensure the best for my club
Think what you like I don’t care

Grendel

Personally I place the vast majority of blame at Wasps door for failing to provide a pitch that was ready (even if you take into account the extra time they wanted where they asked us to play the first few games away). This includes not doing the required maintenance on the pitch that meant it would end up in such a state. They have a contractual obligation to provide us with a pitch - they haven't done it.

The CWG must also share some culpability for apparently not allowing it to be checked during their tenancy (which I find a bit unlikely as surely the CEO of a tenant at that stadium with a vested interest could have been given clearance if desired).

But some must also fall on Boddy's shoulders. As I said I'm sure he could have got clearance if he'd wanted and he had plenty of warning. It does feel like maybe there was a bit of complacency and burying heads in the sand that it'd all be fine and it wasn't so we were caught very short.

The wasted time since then is infuriating, but again it's difficult to know whether more could have been done as we've had contrasting statements and the club have said they made offers to relay which Wasps rejected. If that's true I can't see what we could have done to make the pitch playable. Wasps probably wanted the extra time stipulated in the CWG contract to show it was CCFC being melodramatic, which turned out to not be the case.

So while Boddy must have some blame, he is by no means the worst player in this fiasco.

Also on a side point, it's interesting how Grendel is saying how Boddy should be sacked for not doing his job after spending the last few years defending Boris for far greater and more costly negligence than this.

I mean is this a serious post?

Grendel

Huh wow get your darts ready I’ll send you a picture of me for your door. Wtf you going on about
I said he’d earned his money
My role is to do what I like I’m not answerable to you or anyone on here and I’m not keeping anything or playing a game
I’m asking questions that hopefully you’ll consider before laying the blame in a direction I think is unfair
In the game of black and white good and evil right and wrong I’m sure I do come across as a yes man
In the real world of nuance and doing what you can not what Isn’t possible I’m someone trying to ensure the best for my club
Think what you like I don’t care

You have no influence on what’s best for the club - if you think you do for your own good step aside

Users who are viewing this thread