CBS issues (4 Viewers)

chiefdave

From what Boddy is saying there was no option to not play at home for the first few weeks, EFL putting their foot down. To be fair they have given a lot of leeway given its a league requirement to have primacy.

Grendel

From what Boddy is saying the EFL said every team in the midlands (us, WBA, Walsall etc) had to play the second game at home. I don’t see any situation where Wasps are not held to full accountability for this

I guess Dave must be telling the truth and I’m sure he will supply the documents accordingly

jeycov

From what Boddy is saying the EFL said every team in the midlands (us, WBA, Walsall etc) had to play the second game at home. I don’t see any situation where Wasps are not held to full accountability for this

I think that was to do with transport and policing issues, no other Midlands club was used as a venue where their pitch was used?
In fact I can’t think of another club who have been involved in this way
Relay () the pitch

Ashdown

We'd need to rely on a new train/team line. If that was ever sorted, it could compete with other large concert halls.

You say it's a white elephant, but within 15 years it's been an Olympic, Commonwealth and soon Rugby League World Cup venue. It's also been a go to for stadium sized gigs in the Midlands ahead of the likes of Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Nottingham and Leicester.
Absolutely, I can understand the points about location and transport links but hook or by crook it has forged its way in a competitive world in many spheres of usage. More housing is being built close by too making it walkable for more people every year.

Grendel

Absolutely, I can understand the points about location and transport links but hook or by crook it has forged its way in a competitive world in many spheres of usage. More housing is being built close by too making it walkable for more people every year.

it’s made a loss in all but one of the 17 years it’s been there. This is wasps whole argument. It’s a gold mine that needs turning round. It’s joke to think tin pot Sisu can do that

Grendel

It’s gone beyond parody now. You think Boddy is part of the problem, understood, but it’s starting to get a bit creepy. V for Vendetta

well if fisher said it everyone would think he’s lying wouldn’t they? Boddy I’ve always said is no better or worse than fisher. He’s on message in exactly the same way it’s just the more gullible get taken in by someone whose at least pretending to look on the fans side

he’s the same aa fisher, Vaughan and Eastwood I hardly think that’s creepy just a fact

Evo1883

well if fisher said it everyone would think he’s lying wouldn’t they? Boddy I’ve always said is no better or worse than fisher. He’s on message in exactly the same way it’s just the more gullible get taken in by someone whose at least pretending to look on the fans side

he’s the same aa fisher, Vaughan and Eastwood I hardly think that’s creepy just a fact

Have you ever had a chat with boddy ? Ever ? Just curious

usskyblue

Like most things, ‘it’s a fact’ only in your head m8.

However, I do agree it’s possible there’s a game being played (regarding the game not being played)

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

I wouldn’t disagree with that, he is a kinder face with less baggage than Fisher. I also think that the turnaround in the teams fortunes have been the perfect smokescreen for many of the issues faced but Boddy is a red herring.

Grendel

Have you ever had a chat with boddy ? Ever ? Just curious

ive chatted with Fisher I know people who have with Sepalla - on the face of it knowledgable and committed people

Grendel

I think your hatred of boddy is misguided to be honest .. he's not Tim Fisher

he works for the same company and his CV is a disaster

Grendel

I'm not going to weigh in on the anti-Boddy line as he comes across reasonably well, but Fisher is sharper.

and it’s always good to have a positive PR guy delivering the message

Vaughan = Boddy
Eastwood = Fisher

higgs

Pitch should be in great condition ready for the start of our home campaign in the championship today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oldfiver

Very little fact here?

WestEndAgro

I'm not convinced that the game would have taken place anyway, regardless of the pitch.
I was there at 5pm on Friday and the amount of clobber still left up from the Cwg was astonishing.
I seriously don't believe it could have been removed in time.

Users who are viewing this thread