CCC statement a disaster for Sisu and CCFC (1 Viewer)

skybluetom

And what about the nuneaton fans that helped set up and support nuneaton town from the mid combination after the boro were liquidated. Do they just start their own Phoenix team from scratch again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It's rather ironic isn't it, people (rightfully) call the whole Sixfields thing a disgrace, what about the community, club history ect and seemingly would be happy steam roll over Nuneton and their fans and history so we can nick their place in the conference and return to the Ricoh!

skybluetom

With all due respect I think it's more than that. Previous statements have held out an olive branch, this one says "well, never say never, but basically it's not happening."

I don't think they did to be fair, they said went Coventry back at the Ricoh. They've got to say they're looking at other options; they're gonna say: 'We've no option but to desperately hope the club come back to the table with an offer.' I'm still yet to be convinced what they could do with it anyway, by and large it's a football ground, what else is anyone gonna lease it for?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's rather ironic isn't it, people (rightfully) call the whole Sixfields thing a disgrace, what about the community, club history ect and seemingly would be happy steam roll over Nuneton and their fans and history so we can nick their place in the conference and return to the Ricoh!

As far as i'm concerned Nuneaton Town is and should be in Nuneaton. Coventry city should be in Coventry end of. Lets have no more silly talk of NT at the Ricoh.

shmmeee

I don't think they did to be fair, they said went Coventry back at the Ricoh. They've got to say they're looking at other options; they're gonna say: 'We've no option but to desperately hope the club come back to the table with an offer.' I'm still yet to be convinced what they could do with it anyway, by and large it's a football ground, what else is anyone gonna lease it for?

You've got to look at it politically. This is as close as they can get to saying "were done". She can't come out and say "no way no how" imagine the uproar. Imagine the Sisu press releases.

As someone with a fair bit of experience with political language I read this as "sick of this shit now. If you come back then fine but don't expect us to be chasing" which is a very different tone to "let's get the sky blues home for Christmas"

samccov1987

Nuneaton statement interests me. Ian neale states they need investment to move full time and improve the stadium to league two level. With the speculation sisu may be looking to build in the nuneaton/bedworth area could they buy liberty way and upgrade it? Let cov and the boro ground share whilst they bide there time waiting for the ricoh. Would cost them money but a lot less than sitting at sixfields because attendances would be significantly better.

RoboCCFC90

Nuneaton statement interests me. Ian neale states they need investment to move full time and improve the stadium to league two level. With the speculation sisu may be looking to build in the nuneaton/bedworth area could they buy liberty way and upgrade it? Let cov and the boro ground share whilst they bide there time waiting for the ricoh. Would cost them money but a lot less than sitting at sixfields because attendances would be significantly better.

I did mention a Ground share recently, if CCFC/Treacle Town state to the local Council that they plan to do things in a joint way and sell off the current ground it could work.. Possibly solve there financial issues as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OyJimmy

Having read the thread I have to say in pure business terms Nuneaton moving to the Ricoh makes sense. Sadly business is running things now and I see ACL making this move. I also see Sisu putting Cov in Nuneaton. The lunatics are running the asylum and so none of this would shock me anymore

jacko63

And I can see a lot of sky blues fans watching football at the Ricoh and sisu looking very silly with small crowds in Nuneaton

cloughie

I thought liberty wat Nuneaton had been made a community asset not allowed to be sold

RoboCCFC90

I thought liberty wat Nuneaton had been made a community asset not allowed to be sold

Possibly so, but don't Liberty Way also need redevelopments to meet Football League standards, sharing a ground with City for example would solve that you'd feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurbageSkyBlues

You've got to look at it politically. This is as close as they can get to saying "were done". She can't come out and say "no way no how" imagine the uproar. Imagine the Sisu press releases.

As someone with a fair bit of experience with political language I read this as "sick of this shit now. If you come back then fine but don't expect us to be chasing" which is a very different tone to "let's get the sky blues home for Christmas"

My take exactly.

The ball is in your court, Sisu.

We are not chasing after your favours anymore!

Last edited:

dilligaf

I was thinking the same.

If Man Utd moved 34 miles to outside Stoke, I wonder how that would have gone down

man u fans would love that, it would be an hour off their travel time from the home counties:D

Users who are viewing this thread