CCFC Letter to Planners / Council (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Doubt whether this sheds light on anything.. but Maton was active on this topic yesterday.

I wish Maton would say nothing on CCFC. He hates the club and would happily see it die.

Captain Dart

I wish Maton would say nothing on CCFC. He hates the club and would happily see it die.
I don't like his personality or politics. He claims he has a season ticket, but so did Lucas, if they do its probably for the networking rather than to watch football.

stupot07

The combined site of Ryton and the connexion wouldnt be big enough for an training/academy facility?

Also it's worth having a look into the history of the place and the Jimmy hill era
It was the sky blues connexion until the 80's
Doesn't look it to me, just been on mapping software with connexions and current ryton its about 11.5 acres, thr Higgs site is around 23 acres. You wouldn't get 4-5 outdoor grass pitches, an outdoor 3g pitch, an indoor 3g pitch and a building with all the officers, gym, changing rooks, canteen, car park, classrooms, medical rooms then sports facilities for members of thr public.

Its a pie in the sky idea. A partnership with Warwick uni is our best bet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

stupot07

A piece about what the academy has been worth to the club.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-academy-how-much-11761353

I think this shows clearly what I argued previously, that transfer income is irregular and not guaranteed whereas spending to maintain the Academy is every year.
It doesnt really quantify the savings in wages of having an academy player vs signing a squad player. Its also missing 1 or 2 players that Tope obadeyi for example (unless I missed him) that was poached by Bolton

Nick

Administrator
How long until people just subtract cost from money in and demand to know where it is?

Captain Dart

It doesnt really quantify the savings in wages of having an academy player vs signing a squad player. Its also missing 1 or 2 players that Tope obadeyi for example (unless I missed him) that was poached by Bolton

Yeah, no signing on fees, probably lower salary, it is quite hard to quantify.
As for where the money went, its been spent, mostly on player salaries (not the players developed from the Academy, e.g. David Bell).

dongonzalos

Doesn't look it to me, just been on mapping software with connexions and current ryton its about 11.5 acres, thr Higgs site is around 23 acres. You wouldn't get 4-5 outdoor grass pitches, an outdoor 3g pitch, an indoor 3g pitch and a building with all the officers, gym, changing rooks, canteen, car park, classrooms, medical rooms then sports facilities for members of thr public.

Its a pie in the sky idea. A partnership with Warwick uni is our best bet.

Warwick Uni and Cov Uni for that matter woukd both be excellent ideas

Users who are viewing this thread