CET: Joe Elliot confirms talks and that Hoffman Would also join the board. (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I also think that IF administration of CCFC Holdings is forced upon SISU, and IF a buyer makes an offer to the Administrator, they may well decide to cut their losses and ask the buyer for a payment for their agreement to enter a CVA, thus avoiding a 15 point deduction next season. I'm sure that SISU's initial negotiating 'price' for this would be close to £45m. However, if the alternative is that they get nothing, then potentially, it seems there might be a deal to be done. It would depend on how much value a buyer would place on the club starting next season without a 15 point deduction. £1m maybe???

Yes totally agree, however imagine negotiating with them. They would probably actually start at 60 million as they would have inflated it to that by then. With a view if trying to get the 25 million I would guess they have invested in real terms

Pete in Portugal

Yes totally agree, however imagine negotiating with them. They would probably actually start at 60 million as they would have inflated it to that by then. With a view if trying to get the 25 million I would guess they have invested in real terms

Well if I was doing it, I wouldn't even attempt a negotiation. It'd be a nightmare! I'd make them an offer of what was reasonable and give them a deadline, after which the offer would lapse.

stupot07

Very hard but with a bit of stability no sacking managers and off circus' no transfer embargo's meaning summer targets don't sign.

The new owner no doubt would want to sign a couple to make a statement. Personally I think that should only happen with the loss of others from the wage bill.

Imagine this squad with one or two others.

They have done that 90 point form this season, so why not next if they are a little stronger.

Its actually 79.5 points - 57 points from 33 games since shaw was replaced - 1.72 points per game

RegTheDonk

PWKH why is only 50% of the ricoh up for grabs

are the council still looking to handicap any new buyer? buying 100% of the ricoh would be best for any new owner of the club

I am torn between
a) giving the council the benefit of the doubt (!!) by saying they want to ensure anyone who buys their half will be doing it with CCFC firmly in the mix to enjoy the benefit, rather than diverting profits straight to the new owners bank account.
b) the council realising they can make money themselves out of the stadium.

Regardless of which way it blows, I am confused re. all the stuff Dear Joe's coming out with on the radio and newspapers ... how can "Preston" buy the Higgs share and then try to pick up CCFC later? I thought only CCFC can buy the Higgs share?

If this is incorrect, my apologies ... but can we guarantee if "Preston" does by the Higgs share, he will bother to pick up CCFC? The club needs serious investment before he sees any return for his money.

RegTheDonk

i was replying to soemone mentioned -15

but yeh if its anymore it becomes a fight for surivial

That would be my main worry. Don't mind having to spend another year in this league if its a fresh start and we're challenging ... but dropping down to league 2 means less money, less fans, less appeal to decent players, more embarrasment.

dongonzalos

Its actually 79.5 points - 57 points from 33 games since shaw was replaced - 1.72 points per game

Been quite a bit of turbulence since the as well though

I think this squad with a good manager for one whole season.
Plus the odd extra player that a new owner would probably bring in, could do it.

stupot07

Been quite a bit of turbulence since the as well though

I think this squad with a good manager for one whole season.
Plus the odd extra player that a new owner would probably bring in, could do it.

Unfortunately I don't have the same faith in the squad as you. I feel it needs quite a bit of improvement, especially if Presley wants to play tippy tippy football with a lone striker.

logjoe

The sad thing in all this is the suggestion of a 15 point penalty next season.

That means, next season in League One and almost certainly the following season too. :([/QUOT

Next season was inevitable but why the following?

That means, next season in League One and almost certainly the following season too. :(

You might be right, but dont judge until we see what squad we have at the start of the season. Anything stronger than this years with 1 Manager all season and even reasonable home form could win this league by 15 points.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm on a few people's top 10 lists on here.

Unfortunately it's a Kill List.

I watched that on 4 last night, mainly because after Utopia everyone said it was the thing to watch for more top-form Neil Maskell. He was great in it, but the 3rd act was one hell of a change of pace! I've just about got my head around what happened, but it took a few hours of reading blogs, interviews and forums. If only CCFC's problems were that simple...

lordsummerisle

I watched that on 4 last night, mainly because after Utopia everyone said it was the thing to watch for more top-form Neil Maskell. He was great in it, but the 3rd act was one hell of a change of pace! I've just about got my head around what happened, but it took a few hours of reading blogs, interviews and forums. If only CCFC's problems were that simple...

Saw it when it came out, great film, bit of a Wicker Man vibe to it which probably attracted me!

Did you notice his mate in it was the copper he killed in the first episode of Utopia, also was the "ringmaster" in the best Black Mirror this series.

Can hardly believe that he and Tyres from Spaced are the same man!

stupot07

You might be right, but dont judge until we see what squad we have at the start of the season. Anything stronger than this years with 1 Manager all season and even reasonable home form could win this league by 15 points.

Win the leaguer by 15 points?????:eek:

Nonleagueherewecome

Saw it when it came out, great film, bit of a Wicker Man vibe to it which probably attracted me!

Did you notice his mate in it was the copper he killed in the first episode of Utopia, also was the "ringmaster" in the best Black Mirror this series.

Can hardly believe that he and Tyres from Spaced are the same man!

Heck yeah, the other reason I watched it was for "Tyres"! Loved the semi-improvised nature of a lot of the scenes, especially first two thirds-they helped to made it a lot more convincing.

Deffo a Wicker Man vibe. The director said that he wasn't directly influenced by it, but influenced by the same things that informed The Wicker Man; classic British pagan stuff.

Best clue is when Gal's missus (the H.R. witch) talks about the Irish sectarian problem, saying "well, they're all the same, aren't they? All Christians."

CCFC_GT

This is what I wrote a couple of days ago:

the reason that the development of the surrounding area is so important for CCFC is that it is vital, in my opinion, for CCFC to be part or wholly owners of the Ricoh. The income from the Ricoh at the present time is not enough to subsidise the ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve. The whole thing needs to be grown. If it were owned by CCFC the FFP question would be solved and if the development was done it might become sustainable.

Is it really realistic to expect to find an Abramovic or a Qatari Sheikh who is prepared to fork out year after year to take over CCFC? Surely it is much better if we have an investor who will create more wealth in Coventry and build a sustainable football club?

Thanks for your honesty, integrity and openness in sharing information with this forum as far as you are able, and for correcting misinformation from other quarters.

I agree with the points you make here. However on the question of whether CCFC need to be part or wholly owners of the Ricoh, I believe that for the club to get back to and be able to compete in the Premier League it would surely need to be sustained by profits derived for the owners by full ownership of the Ricoh and development of the surrounding area. This of course was the original vision for the Ricoh development.

Otis

That means, next season in League One and almost certainly the following season too. :([/QUOT

Next season was inevitable but why the following?

Because the 15 point penalty will make it much more likely we won't go up next season. Therefore, the season after that there is very much the likelihood we could still be in League One.

Otis

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly then.

Not saying it is impossible, cos it isn't. If we were to get investment in players then we could of course make up the 15 points.

Was only trying to suggest that a psychological factor could come into play.

To start on -15 could have an effect. Thing is, if we did start on -15 then even if we won our first 5 games of the season we would almost certainly still be bottom of the table for sure, as winning the first 5 would only mean having made it to zero points.

It's a marathon not a sprint of course and there is the whole season, but if the points deduction played on the players' minds it could have a negative effect.

I just wish any points would come off now, this season, so we can maybe start afresh next year with new owners, new investment and new hope!

dongonzalos

Have they got up to the fake inflated 60 million figure yet?

chiefdave

Have they got up to the fake inflated 60 million figure yet?

Doesn't the administrator have to make available a report detailing who is owed what? Could make interesting reading to see how they make up the £60m. Assume this is what ACL mean when they say they will be watching how the administrator operates. Anything dodgy and they'll be straight back in the court contesting it. Downside of that would be things could drag on for a long time.

deanocity3

Doesn't the administrator have to make available a report detailing who is owed what? Could make interesting reading to see how they make up the £60m. Assume this is what ACL mean when they say they will be watching how the administrator operates. Anything dodgy and they'll be straight back in the court contesting it. Downside of that would be things could drag on for a long time.

Thats why it's called operation premiership we might be back there by the time it's finished,with Mcsheffrey's son as manager

Users who are viewing this thread