CET: Joe Elliot confirms talks and that Hoffman Would also join the board. (1 Viewer)

LarryGrayson

I think that ACL Charity & Council are aware of that problem and would structure the deal to prevent it ....... how remains to be seen

be nice to hear how before thinking its a grand idea

covcity4life

We're now 5 points off tranmere won yesterday, but sheff Utd have 3 games in hand they won't lose all 3 so in reality it's 6 points behind tranmere in 5th

it doesnt matter, had we won yesterday we would be close, heck we had a chance to be top 6 going into saturday

no matter how you look at it, it wasnt silly to belive playoffs were on

just learn from your mistakes,thats all i ask of you.

stop being so matter of fact

hutch1972

This is what I wrote a couple of days ago:

the reason that the development of the surrounding area is so important for CCFC is that it is vital, in my opinion, for CCFC to be part or wholly owners of the Ricoh. The income from the Ricoh at the present time is not enough to subsidise the ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve. The whole thing needs to be grown. If it were owned by CCFC the FFP question would be solved and if the development was done it might become sustainable.

Is it really realistic to expect to find an Abramovic or a Qatari Sheikh who is prepared to fork out year after year to take over CCFC? Surely it is much better if we have an investor who will create more wealth in Coventry and build a sustainable football club?

PWKH many thanks for your input.
I myself have a problem with the re-generation red tape, the site itself had been derelict for over 20 years during which ccc had tried many times( unsuccessfully )to find investment for it. Then along came ccfc with its ideas and forward thinking which has turned a 3rd world area of land into what it is now.
The implications are though that any new owner of the football club would need to do ccc job for them even further.
The football club is part of the community, but to what extent does that mean ? Maybe re-build the city centre again ?
Improvments of the area yes, but major projects should fall squarely on the shoulders of the people in our council house, not their favourite cash cow (ccfc)
I have attached a photo i put on a previous thread of what it would still look like if ccfc had not got involved. Ricoh (2).jpg

Flying Fokker

Otis said 14th. Didn't he? Could be right . Just needs to confirm points deduction for this season.

covcity4life

PWKH why is only 50% of the ricoh up for grabs

are the council still looking to handicap any new buyer? buying 100% of the ricoh would be best for any new owner of the club

lordsummerisle

it doesnt matter, had we won yesterday we would be close, heck we had a chance to be top 6 going into saturday
As I said in the thread about us being in the play-offs on Saturday that was on here last week, only if we won and nobody else managed to get a result, said that we could be 11th possibly.

We're actually 10th.

stupot07

no matter how you look at it, it wasnt silly to belive playoffs were on

just learn from your mistakes,thats all i ask of you.

stop being so matter of fact

This is what I said in October regarding play offs. Please show me my mistake, and I will endeavour to learn from it.

People talk about how were lucky to win vs orient andolOldham, but what about unlucky losses to Carlisle and Stevenage etc

If we can cluck we will climb up the table

No ones said we won't climb the table if it all clicks, what they have said that its highly improbable that we will finish in the top 6, which would require us to achieve and maintain title winning form between now and the end of the season, something no team has done in league one in the last 30 years.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/22260-The-not-so-impossible-mission/page7

bamalamafizzfazz

Ha ha, how did this thread turn into we should have won this game/ that game and who predicted right and where we will finish in the league?

Nobody could have predicted this season. We started poorly and then went on an unbelievable run of winning away from home whilst coming back to the Ricoh and letting ourselves down. This is before any talk of a 10 point deduction.

The only thing which might have been predicted was possibly a trip to Wembley in the JPT as again we let ourselves down here. I can personally prove I predicted this as I have the proof of holiday request at work back in August ;)

Anyway, can we please get back to the subject at hand or start a new thread called... "I told you so..." or "You lying weasel..."

Otis

you lying weasel, you said we would finish 14th

in fact you pray we go into admin to make your prediction come true which is pathetic

i said i beleived in the playoffs and considering we are 4pts off with 6 to go it proves i was right to beleive in the chance.

you and stupot are overly negative,and when things change you dont stick to your guns,thats what pisses me off

its were shiot,were going to league 2

then its were mid table at best

then its w ehave a chance if we continue like we are

then its back to were mid table at best

in trying to be right all the time you never show any forward thinking

Lying weasel?

Dear me you are hard work.

For the eleventy billioneth time plus a bit more to be on the safe side, I said 14th PRE SEASON.

When MR came in and we started doing well I said that no team had come from 4th from bottom after 15 games to make the top 6. I said then when things picked up that we would fall short of the play-offs, because it was too big an ask. Think if I remember correctly, I said something like between 6-8 points short. Somewhere in that ballpark.

You show me anywhere where I have said I pray we go into admin?

If you think I want us to finish 14th then I am sorry, but you are truly an idiot of the highest order!!

Complete and utter stupidity to suggest I want us to finish 14th or would be happy with a 14th place finish.

I am a City fan and I want us to finish as high as possible.

I said 14th pre-season and then stuck by it after our new manager said things were going to take time to put right and there was lots wrong at the club.

I feel like a broken record with you. I keep explaining myself and yet you keep ignoring that and keep harping on about the same thing ad nauseum. It's all pretty pathetic to be honest.

You really do not like anyone having an opinion that is different to your own do you!

Dear me. I said 14th pre-season and we've had 5 managers so far and yet you keep on banging on about the same thing.

Don't stick to my guns? Well what a surprise when we've had FIVE different managers in one single season!

We have not been in the top 6 all season. Looks like we will go the whole season without ever appearing in the top 6. Yet it was you who kept saying we could make the play-offs and suggesting that we could maybe win 5 in a row.

Just let it go now. Everyone on here must be sick to death of this constant bickering.

I am totally with letting it go and us moving on, but you have to keep bringing it up again and again and again ..... Zzzzzzzzz.

And when you start disagreeing with people you just start using name calling .... i.e. Stupot becomes Stupidpot.

Stupot is one of the very best posters on this entire forum and I think the vast majority of people on here would totally agree with that.

Just let it lie and let's concentrate on the issues at hand now rather than keep going on and on about the same thing over and over again until everyone is bored stupid!

Last edited:

Otis

Ha ha, how did this thread turn into we should have won this game/ that game and who predicted right and where we will finish in the league?

Nobody could have predicted this season. We started poorly and then went on an unbelievable run of winning away from home whilst coming back to the Ricoh and letting ourselves down. This is before any talk of a 10 point deduction.

The only thing which might have been predicted was possibly a trip to Wembley in the JPT as again we let ourselves down here. I can personally prove I predicted this as I have the proof of holiday request at work back in August ;)

Anyway, can we please get back to the subject at hand or start a new thread called... "I told you so..." or "You lying weasel..."

Exactly! Ex bloody actly!

5 managers in one season. Would say pretty much everyone's predictions before the campaign started have now all gone to pot.

Otis

CC4L has admitted he is a WUM.

I do think that he does actually believe some of what he says though. ;)

I do also have to say, 'Stupidpot' is pure genius. Extremely clever and witty and well thought out and reasoned. :p

Wish I had such intelligence to come out with this sort of stuff.

Otis

I bet Oscar Wilde and George Bernard Shaw are quaking in their boots! :claping hands::claping hands:

covcity4life

Lying weasel?

Dear me you are hard work.

For the eleventy billioneth time plus a bit more to be on the safe side, I said 14th PRE SEASON.

When MR came in and we started doing well I said that no team had come from 4th from bottom after 15 games to make the top 6. I said then when things picked up that we would fall short of the play-offs, because it was too big an ask. Think if I remember correctly, I said something like between 6-8 points short. Somewhere in that ballpark.

You show me anywhere where I have said I pray we go into admin?

If you think I want us to finish 14th then I am sorry, but you are truly an idiot of the highest order!!

Complete and utter stupidity to suggest I want us to finish 14th or would be happy with a 14th place finish.

I am a City fan and I want us to finish as high as possible.

I said 14th pre-season and then stuck by it after our new manager said things were going to take time to put right and there was lots wrong at the club.

I feel like a broken record with you. I keep explaining myself and yet you keep ignoring that and keep harping on about the same thing ad nauseum. It's all pretty pathetic to be honest.

You really do not like anyone having an opinion that is different to your own do you!

Dear me. I said 14th pre-season and we've had 5 managers so far and yet you keep on banging on about the same thing.

Don't stick to my guns? Well what a surprise when we've had FIVE different managers in one single season!

We have not been in the top 6 all season. Looks like we will go the whole season without ever appearing in the top 6. Yet it was you who kept saying we could make the play-offs and suggesting that we could maybe win 5 in a row.

Just let it go now. Everyone on here must be sick to death of this constant bickering.

I am totally with letting it go and us moving on, but you have to keep bringing it up again and again and again ..... Zzzzzzzzz.

And when you start disagreeing with people you just start using name calling .... i.e. Stupot becomes Stupidpot.

Stupot is one of the very best posters on this entire forum and I think the vast majority of people on here would totally agree with that.

Just let it lie and let's concentrate on the issues at hand now rather than keep going on and on about the same thing over and over again until everyone is bored stupid!

you keep chatting shit though

you have SEEN this run cov have been on

so dont state as a fact that a points deduction means no promotion

as for stupot hes a good poster if not negative and bias towards mcsheffrey, i just disagree with him on most things

also realised today majority of this forum dont even watch footy outside of cov so that explains alot to me.

dongonzalos

Higgs have denied that they have made any agreement with Mr. Haskell.

The way it came across on CWR this morning was if they knew nothing about it.

Smoke and mirrors and cloak and daggers I guess.

Why are we hearing about this before any deal is struck?

He denied any deal has been done just for the Higgs share.

He envisages that any deal will be for both.

That can't happen unless SISU are either selling or forced to sell.

When that happens you have due diligence and only the can you say a deal is lined up.

He was saying because of the SISU situation he can't say a deal is set up at this stage.

Some seem to be taking what he said out of context and using it to say he is not interested. (Not necessarily younotis but in other threads)

Otis

He denied any deal has been done just for the Higgs share.

He envisages that any deal will be for both.

That can't happen unless SISU are either selling or forced to sell.

When that happens you have due diligence and only the can you say a deal is lined up.

He was saying because of the SISU situation he can't say a deal is set up at this stage.

Some seem to be taking what he said out of context and using it to say he is not interested. (Not necessarily younotis but in other threads)

Well if it is a case of Sisu selling then you have to hope 'forced to' don't you.

Would be the only thing that would surely appeal to any buyer. If it's going to be down to Sisu then they are going to looking to get their money back!

dongonzalos

Well if it is a case of Sisu selling then you have to hope 'forced to' don't you.

Would be the only thing that would surely appeal to any buyer. If it's going to be down to Sisu then they are going to looking to get their money back!

I think unfortunately it has to be forced at a cost if 15 points

Unless they approach the yank and say give us this amount and we won't contest it.

Otis

Unless they approach the yank and say give us this amount and we won't contest it.

Yep. Needs to be negotiated through the administrator. That is the best thing for any new would be party.

Sky Blue Kid

well we had a minus 15 deduction this year when you tihnk of 5 lost on trot and we still have a tiny chance of playoffs with 6 games to go so no it doesnt mean league one the following season for sure

as for this? im trying not to get my hopes up but lets hope it happens,we need him

-15 is a minimum points deduction....the FL haven't put their -10 points on yet!:facepalm:

dongonzalos

i was replying to soemone mentioned -15

but yeh if its anymore it becomes a fight for surivial

Start of this season sack your managed led to 5 defeats in the bounce.

So a 10-15 point deduction was introduced by SISU.

If we have a new owner and this same squad with the same manager for the aeon we could get in the play offs even with a 15 point deduction

covcity4life

If we have a new owner and this same squad with the same manager for the aeon we could get in the play offs even with a 15 point deduction

yeh agreed which was my original point that otis and stupot cant get through their heads

lordsummerisle

Maybe new owners would bring back Thorn.

Your cup runneth over.

stupot07

It would be extremely difficult though, we'd need 90+ points.

Pete in Portugal

I also think that IF administration of CCFC Holdings is forced upon SISU, and IF a buyer makes an offer to the Administrator, they may well decide to cut their losses and ask the buyer for a payment for their agreement to enter a CVA, thus avoiding a 15 point deduction next season. I'm sure that SISU's initial negotiating 'price' for this would be close to £45m. However, if the alternative is that they get nothing, then potentially, it seems there might be a deal to be done. It would depend on how much value a buyer would place on the club starting next season without a 15 point deduction. £1m maybe???

lordsummerisle

I have heard they are considering it. However they need to wait until admin is confirmed.

They have approached RR and he has said yes but would like to bring AT as assistant manager and head scout

No room for Coleman? Maybe Director of Football, with King as Chief Coach?

Think covered most of my bette noirs now!

dongonzalos

It would be extremely difficult though, we'd need 90+ points.

Very hard but with a bit of stability no sacking managers and off circus' no transfer embargo's meaning summer targets don't sign.

The new owner no doubt would want to sign a couple to make a statement. Personally I think that should only happen with the loss of others from the wage bill.

Imagine this squad with one or two others.

They have done that 90 point form this season, so why not next if they are a little stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread