Championship 21/22 (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

I don't think there is an issue with coming onto the pitch to celebrate but cringe how all the fans pile onto the players patting them on the head, it can't be comfortable or enjoyable. Shake players hands pat them on the back but don't jump all over them and jostle them with a mobile phone in your hand. Wish people had more self control overall.

On the football front who are people supporting? Part of me want Forest as they would be harder opponents next season but Hudderdield brought very few fans and Forest depending on dates and league positions is one if those games that could be 25k +
Forest for me. Really rate Steve Cooper as a manager, they've been out of it for a while and further proves parachute payments aren't everything

Nothing against Huddersfield mind, they've had a great season but I'd like to see a traditional top flight club have a go

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Otis

Got to be one of the worst things I’ve seen on a pitch. What kind of absolute fucking moron does that in a moment of such joy? Will be waking up today knowing a prison sentence is coming. Incident about 50 seconds in below:

I know it's nuts. Should be a moment of elation and joy and big smiles all-round.

Idiot. And he will get his just desserts. No way they are not identifying him.

Otis

Forest for me. Really rate Steve Cooper as a manager, they've been out of it for a while and further proves parachute payments aren't everything

Nothing against Huddersfield mind, they've had a great season but I'd like to see a traditional top flight club have a go

Okay. No need to rub it in.

Saddlebrains

Maybe I am a killjoy but these pitch invasions are going to go horribly wrong. Isn't it illegal? Imagine if they all were banned. Forest would have an empty stadium next season. I cannot understand why parents would take their kids on the pitch.

I've been on 3 times

Last game at HR, Wycombe semi in JPT, After Morecambe in L2 securing first top 6 finish in eleventy billion years

And I took the kids on (2 of them)

I don't think it makes me a prick or a bad parent, it was a moment of celebration, joy, an outpouring of emotion for people who want to celebrate with the people who have gave them that feeling. I managed not to whack anyone or goad opposition players or fans, its not hard, just unfortunately there are dickheads in every fanbase

I agree through a season it shouldn't take place and the pricks who have encroached at the CBS this year deserve their bans, but I feel if people start slating pitch invasions when success comes, I think football loses part of its soul.

Imagine we got to the prem. The CBS will have every single cov fan in the place on the pitch in seconds

SonofErnie

[QUOTE="ccfc1234, post: 2524917, member: 7257

On the football front who are people supporting? Part of me want Forest as they would be harder opponents next season but Hudderdield brought very few fans and Forest depending on dates and league positions is one if those games that could be 25k +

[/QUOTE]

They may not be receiving parachute money, but they have made losses of approximately £100m over the last 3 years and furthermore are spending £202 on players wages for every £100 of income. How they are not breaching FFP I’ll never know, but if they stay down they could be the next team to be in trouble.

Terry_dactyl

Have to say it’s actually quite nice to see the teams who finished 3rd and 4th in the league contest the play off final and not see some side who finished 10 points behind or whatever sneak in through the playoffs.
Agreed. Although I do like the playoffs in Germany, Scotland(?) et al where they have the 3rd placed team playing 3rd from bottom side in the division above.

NortonSkyBlue

I've been on 3 times

Last game at HR, Wycombe semi in JPT, After Morecambe in L2 securing first top 6 finish in eleventy billion years

And I took the kids on (2 of them)

I don't think it makes me a prick or a bad parent, it was a moment of celebration, joy, an outpouring of emotion for people who want to celebrate with the people who have gave them that feeling. I managed not to whack anyone or goad opposition players or fans, its not hard, just unfortunately there are dickheads in every fanbase

I agree through a season it shouldn't take place and the pricks who have encroached at the CBS this year deserve their bans, but I feel if people start slating pitch invasions when success comes, I think football loses part of its soul.

Imagine we got to the prem. The CBS will have every single cov fan in the place on the pitch in seconds
outpouring of emotion? No it’s called breaking the by laws and yes to do it with your kids is bad parenting. Soul? when that idiot struck Sharp last night was he evoking footballs soul?

Sky Blue Harry H

Going up from the Championship this season = parachute payment team (top), parachute payment team (2nd), non parachute payment team v parachute payment team for play off. Shows what everybody is up against in this league, and will almost certainly be the same next season. Needs changing.

Hutch11

What's weird about it ?
I'd like to see him get proper retribution for such a cowardly attack , wasn't like Sharp had time to brace himself or react in time

David O'Day

What's weird about it ?
I'd like to see him get proper retribution for such a cowardly attack , wasn't like Sharp had time to brace himself or react in time

It's really weird mate

Proper retribution is a prison sentence which is going to get unlike if this had happened on the street.

the "lock him up with sheffield fans2 really cringe

Otis

The league would be fucking boring without playoffs.

If it was top 3 up and bottom3 down basically half the league would have nothing to play for come Jan/Feb
Best solution is what has been suggested before.

So, top 6.

6th plays 5th.

Winner of that then plays 4th

Winner of that then plays 3rd.

If you finish 5th or 6th you would have to get through 3 games. For 4th it would be 2 matches and for 3rd, just the one.

Would definitely add to the excitement, because it wouldn't then be just about getting into the top 6, it would be a quest to get to a specific placing, i.e. to 3rd or 4th especially.

Users who are viewing this thread