Championship 21/22 (2 Viewers)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Best solution is what has been suggested before.

So, top 6.

6th plays 5th.

Winner of that then plays 4th

Winner of that then plays 3rd.

If you finish 5th or 6th you would have to get through 3 games. For 4th it would be 2 matches and for 3rd, just the one.

Would definitely add to the excitement, because it wouldn't then be just about getting into the top 6, it would be a quest to get to a specific placing, i.e. to 3rd or 4th especially.
That's sort of how it works for the National League. Wrexham were 2nd and Solihull 3rd, so they are at home in a 1 game semi-final. Doing it this way gets 6 teams involved, rather than 4 -

Quarter-final 1: Notts County vs Grimsby - Monday 23rd May (19:45)
Quarter-final 2: Halifax vs Chesterfield - Tuesday 24th May (19:45)

Semi-final 1: Wrexham vs Notts County or Grimsby - Saturday 28 May (12:30)
Semi-final 2: Solihull Moors vs Halifax or Chesterfield - Sunday 29 May (12:30)

Final: TBC vs TBC - Sunday 5 June (15:00)

NorthernWisdom

Imagine if nobody had gone on the pitch then Sharp wouldn’t need stitches.
Best thing to do is to stop anybody going to a game full-stop, then there'd be no trouble whatsoever.

If the stadium was empty then he'd have been safe. No fans in the stadium.

If nobody was from Nottingham it wouldn't have happened. Nuke Notts.

Damn you!

Liquid Gold

Best thing to do is to stop anybody going to a game full-stop, then there'd be no trouble whatsoever.

Damn you!

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

To be fair, when hundreds or more are on the pitch at the same time, the 'opposition' players are at risk from a nobhead (we have all seen the coked up lads at games). Coupled with that, at the 'big' games (which is when these tend to happen), one set of fans will always be p8ssed off, with the others goading them. More so when they are on the pitch. Would have been very interesting if Sheffield united had won the penalty shoot out - how would the Forest fans have reacted? I get the 'celebrations' but there is a reason why fans aren't allowed on the pitch.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It looks like it was in response to someone trying to get to the other Sheff U player.

Well it might be, but the bloke was on the floor like a starfish when McBurnie decided to 'react'.

I appreciate it is one angle, a short video, and I've only watched it twice, but it don't look fooking good!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Well it might be, but the bloke was on the floor like a starfish when McBurnie decided to 'react'.

I appreciate it is one angle, a short video, and I've only watched it twice, but it don't look fooking good!
It seems to me like the guy was running to rub in and cause trouble and potentially start something got knocked over by McBurnie and stamped on

Grendel

Cool so stamping on people who are on the floor is cool

Terry_dactyl

So, top 6.

6th plays 5th.

If you finish 5th or 6th you would have to get through 3 games. For 4th it would be 2 matches and for 3rd, just the one.

Would definitely add to the excitement, because it wouldn't then be just about getting into the top 6, it would be a quest to get to a specific placing, i.e. to 3rd or 4th especially.
By Jove that could work!

Sky_Blue_Daz

With regard to the play offs , was there an occasion Years ago when the team that finished 3rd from bottom in the first division play the team that finished 3rd from top in divison 2 play each other and the winner either stayed up or went up ?

Brighton Sky Blue

With regard to the play offs , was there an occasion Years ago when the team that finished 3rd from bottom in the first division play the team that finished 3rd from top in divison 2 play each other and the winner either stayed up or went up ?

Not in English football I’m pretty sure.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Hertsccfc

So, top 6.

6th plays 5th.

Sounds good although I think the 3rd and 4th should have play offs with teams at the bottom of the Premier. Think something like that happened for a short while in the 90s

Hertsccfc

Yes I remember this. I seem to remember Charlton and Leeds playing in such a match.

Users who are viewing this thread