Championship 22-23 (4 Viewers)

Cata

Looking ahead to the teams in the Championship next season. We can once again expect the teams with parachute payments to be challenging to return to the PL.

There may be one exception .....Burnley. Under the terms of the buy out of the club, who's owners used a leverage process [similar to the Glaziers]. The cost of £65M has been placed on the club as a loan. Under the terms of the loan, which has an annual interest rate of Libor + 8% and is due to be repaid in December 2025 IF the club remained in the PL.

However, a clause in the loan terms state that if the club is relegated then the £65M is due for repayment during the year following their relegation. Therefore, if I understand this correctly, then the parachute payment of circa £45M could be used for repayment & we could expect a sell off of players.

This would not solve all their problems, as Burnley's wage bill will be significantly large and they'll have a big loss being incurred. The question for the owners is:
"Do they seek repayment of the loan now or do they gamble on getting promoted next season and seek to recoup the money and interest payments that way".
parachute payments last for 3 years unless they win promotion, in which case they won't need them.

Grendel

No end product according to some.

4 goals and 4 assists from left back.

Wish we had defenders with such poor end product

🤡

stupot07

No end product according to some.

4 goals and 4 assists from left back.

Wish we had defenders with such poor end product
Last season it was 1 goal and 1 assist from left wing back. His other goals and assists came when he played as an ACM.

Maatsen has done well for Burnley this season, but in a different system and different way of playing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Last season it was 1 goal and 1 assist from left wing back. His other goals and assists came when he played as an ACM.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Too factual that - also the small matter he’s in a team with a premier league budget running away with the league

PVA

Too factual that - also the small matter he’s in a team with a premier league budget running away with the league

The other day you said budgets are irrelevant 🤣

That's the problem when you consistently make such outrageous comments, they often end up contradicting whatever latest point you're trying to make.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wigan and Rotherham look in serious trouble.

Cardiff look to have issues as they have 3 more transfer windows they are 'blocked' from.
Birmingham also seem to be hitting issues with injuries and some of their loan players potentially leaving, together with owners who won't help them (plus a ground falling down)

At the moment, I am still looking at the wrong end of the table, until we have enough points/players to ensure safety.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wigan and Rotherham look in serious trouble.

Cardiff look to have issues as they have 3 more transfer windows they are 'blocked' from.
Birmingham also seem to be hitting issues with injuries and some of their loan players potentially leaving, together with owners who won't help them (plus a ground falling down)

At the moment, I am still looking at the wrong end of the table, until we have enough points/players to ensure safety.
The excellent pre World Cup form will keep us out of the drop zone and if the takeover is confirmed and the squad reinforced, we ought to steer clear of danger. But if it isn't and we limp on with barely a starting XI, it's going to be uncomfortable. 5 more wins from 20 odd games is hopefully not beyond us even in the worst case scenario.

Would be disappointing as we again see Luton mount a playoff charge.

Grendel

The other day you said budgets are irrelevant 🤣

That's the problem when you consistently make such outrageous comments, they often end up contradicting whatever latest point you're trying to make.

well you’ve got @covcity4life backing you so I guess that says it all

Grendel

Yes that is true, but still has 4 goals and 4 assists from left back this season which is still very impressive 👍🏻

And has nothing to do with us?

Grendel

It's a very simple question.

Do budgets matter or not?

I guess it depends on whatever stupid point you're trying to make at the time.

I didn’t say budget did I?

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Terry Gibson's perm

Can’t see JCS out there and looked on live score and it doesn’t show him injured.

pusbccfc

JCH going to Sunderland apparently. Good signing for them.

skybluegod

He’s only had one season in the Championship recently and wasn’t terrible and his record in League is very good.

His numbers in the championship were hugely inflated by penalties. He's ok at the level, but he's not gonna push any team into the play offs based on how he played for P'boro.

Sky Blue Pete

His numbers in the championship were hugely inflated by penalties. He's ok at the level, but he's not gonna push any team into the play offs based on how he played for P'boro.
Sunderland are better than them and you can’t deny he has skills. Shame it didn’t work here

Lost_Mackem

JCH going to Sunderland apparently. Good signing for them.
Where have you heard this mate? I’d be disappointed if we signed him tbh although our only forward is Stewart atm.

I’d expect us to sign another young player on loan to replace Simms to see us through to the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread