Championship thread 23/24 (17 Viewers)

San Francisco

That’s a scary odds table. To think that could be bottom half of the Premiership table within 2-4 years. Just shows how tough our league is.

Nothing to fear, they’re just big names. I have faith MR and the team will get right deals done and we’ll be up there again next season under the radar and challenging.

no_loyalty

So we want to sack you how much do you want to agree
He was racially abused by his own fans after the playoff semifinal first leg hammering against Peterborough. I wonder if he wanted to quit, but the chairman agreed to mutual consent?

no_loyalty

Couldn’t afford his transfer fee.
A few on their forum have him on their wish list, but no chance he would leave us for them even though they are a bigger club.

lordy_87

Keep seeing simms name floating about, is he actually that good? Obviously he got thrown in the deep end in a crap team for his games with Everton , but when I saw him he looked pretty useless. His record in the champ and Scotland is ok but we can do a bit better can't we ?

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Keep seeing simms name floating about, is he actually that good? Obviously he got thrown in the keep in a crap team for him games with Everton , but when I saw him he looked pretty useless. His record in the champ and Scotland is ok but we can do a bit better can't we ?

Fully agree.

Winny the Bish

Keep seeing simms name floating about, is he actually that good? Obviously he got thrown in the keep in a crap team for him games with Everton , but when I saw him he looked pretty useless. His record in the champ and Scotland is ok but we can do a bit better can't we ?
He's got a bit of everything to his game, like Vik. Tall, strong, quick, good touch and can bully defenders. Sunderland fans were devastated when Everton recalled him.

SBT

Think I read somewhere that Ipswich already have a squad that compares very well in terms of stats/analytics to higher-end Championship teams…..wish I could remember where I saw that. Either way, I expect with the financial backing they have, they’ll be a strong opponent next season.

Levship20

Especially surprising as Marcus Evans is no longer their owner/benefactor.
They are now owned by a US pension fund. The CEO Mark Ashton is a lunatic with money “just ask Bristol City fans” but they have a great manager!
I find it hard to believe how clubs like these can pay sums of money and incredible wages to match such signings without risking the balance of the club and sticking within FFP rules!

SBT

They are now owned by a US pension fund. The CEO Mark Ashton is a lunatic with money “just ask Bristol City fans” but they have a great manager!
I find it hard to believe how clubs like these can pay sums of money and incredible wages to match such signings without risking the balance of the club and sticking within FFP rules!
No-one in this division is acting sensibly with money. Makes a mockery of those who say we should try and run the club sustainably above everything else - that’s not how we do things ‘round these parts….

fernandopartridge

Russell Martin joining Southampton, Swansea lining up Barnsley boss Michael Duff
Not sure he's the right appointment for them if they're banking on going straight back up, seems to take a while for his methods to bear fruit (if they do at all).

Duff did brilliantly at Cheltenham and was doing well at Barnsley after their awful start, good appointment for Swansea

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

DrPoolittle

No-one in this division is acting sensibly with money. Makes a mockery of those who say we should try and run the club sustainably above everything else - that’s not how we do things ‘round these parts….
That’s fine if you are happy with the club going out of business. We tried that tactic once before. Personally, I want the club to survive for future generations to support.

napolimp

I didn't realise Cardiff had a transfer embargo, but apparently has been cut by one window to January 24. I guess they will continue to struggle this year.

Users who are viewing this thread