Championship thread 23/24 (10 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah I don’t expect us to get there. Norwich have a great run in and have hit form at just the right time. West Brom too far ahead to catch without a spectacular fuck up on their behalf.

Which is fine. I expected mid table this season and we got a Wembley trip anyway.
4 points and 1 point if we win game in hand

Gynnsthetonic

Yeah I don’t expect us to get there. Norwich have a great run in and have hit form at just the right time. West Brom too far ahead to catch without a spectacular fuck up on their behalf.

Which is fine. I expected mid table this season and we got a Wembley trip anyway.
1 game at a time, I'm expecting it to go to the last day and then anything can happen

covcity4life

They've fallen out with rat boy now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Someone needs to sit him down and explain that if we don’t go up then the club is so screwed and it will largely be down to him - he’s our best player. Let him know that just like madders, his legacy will be our failure. but madders isn’t a local boy and kdh will never be able to escape that feeling. Somehow he needs to be motivated to really care and not just think he cares. He has 8 games left in a blue shirt to make it count

LOL

San Francisco

Someone needs to sit him down and explain that if we don’t go up then the club is so screwed and it will largely be down to him - he’s our best player. Let him know that just like madders, his legacy will be our failure. but madders isn’t a local boy and kdh will never be able to escape that feeling. Somehow he needs to be motivated to really care and not just think he cares. He has 8 games left in a blue shirt to make it count

LOL

Good to know it’s not just our fans who overreact.

skybluericoh

Good to know it’s not just our fans who overreact.
We do have a lot that are quickly doom and gloom:eek: However they seem to be top of the league on that front and we should deffo 'Mind The Gap' on that front. 'IF' they win their game in hand they go top. I know that they are going through a sticky patch but I still think they will do it. Their problem now is the PL and EFL will be gunning for them even more so after the legal threats they have made.

They argue that they did nothing wrong when they went down in 2002 or when ever it was. Legally maybe they stayed within the law, but Morally they behaved like an internet scammer. I hope they get what they should have got back then, even with promotion I think a fire sale and embargo will be enough never mind the points deduction coming there way. Sickener that they will get another year of PL money but they have proved they cannot manage £££ anyway

blunted

I know this might hurt bit I think we will just miss out this year ,our team though is on a trajectory and will not suffer too much disruption in the summer (probability)

And with 4 or 5 additions of real quality we could really really push for automatic
If we make the playoffs this year, it will be a greater achievement than last year. Our run in is harsh especially when you factor in the number of games and a small squad. That said, we have a chance.

alexccfc99

Leicester have looked very vulnerable since we beat them at the start of the year. Think we really cracked their armour of invincibility.
I do think them being 17 points clear made them look a little bit better than they actually were (I said this at the time they were wiping the floor with everybody as well)

They only have one way of playing, learned in the school of Pep by their manager no doubt - It did not take a genius to notice when they went down to 10 men against us they had zero plan B

SeaSeeEffCee

I do think them being 17 points clear made them look a little bit better than they actually were (I said this at the time they were wiping the floor with everybody as well)

They only have one way of playing, learned in the school of Pep by their manager no doubt - It did not take a genius to notice when they went down to 10 men against us they had zero plan B
Their manager basically gave up on trying to get anything but a draw as soon as we equalised, taking off their only striker for a defensive mid. I know they were down to 10 but would have expected a team top of the league to show a bit more ambition than that. We put up more of a fight at Norwich with 10 men than they did here.

alexccfc99

Their manager basically gave up on trying to get anything but a draw as soon as we equalised, taking off their only striker for a defensive mid. I know they were down to 10 but would have expected a team top of the league to show a bit more ambition than that. We put up more of a fight at Norwich with 10 men than they did here.
They have not really been the same since that game

Which makes it even more funnier with added hindsight

Frostie

Winks is the one for me
They had no right to sign a player like that for this season on those wages they deserve punishing
Connor Coady for £8.5m (after Everton refused to pay £4.5m for him) on a rumoured £60k p/w to start 6 games all season.

Tom Cannon for £7.5m, £45k p/w, 3 starts.
Knew he had a stress fracture in his back, signed him anyway.

They've spent the last few years chasing some European dream & claim the PL don't want them spending money to challenge... They've spent it! Problem is they're so badly run that they spent it on utter dross for huge fees & mega salaries (Daka, Soumare, Souttar, Ward, Praet, Kristiansen) so that they haven't got the incoming revenues to offset it. Also letting players that they spent millions on run their contracts down & get no return on (Tielemans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Perez, Mendy).

Since their previous owner sadly passed away they have been an absolute shambles & the only place they can look for blame is within.

HadjiChippo

Tom Cannon for £7.5m, £45k p/w, 3 starts.
Knew he had a stress fracture in his back, signed him anyway.

They had a perfectly fine back up championship level striker in George Hirst who would’ve been no worse than they’ve ended up with. That’s £8 million and plenty in wages saved right there. Poor ownership, and poor recruitment for years.

Users who are viewing this thread